It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Moving its Military Assets from the Middle East to the Pacific

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Introduction

I heard from a source of mine who works in intelligence that the United States is going to be moving its military assets to the Pacific front in order to deal with a massive threat from China.

Anyway, I will be providing evidence from sources that are openly available to the public and not relying on anything the source said, because I don't want to leak sensitive information or anything.

I was told this months ago, but thought of it again when reading about intelligence that was recently leaked by someone in the Obama administration that details the same thing. Since I have a unique perspective on the situation, I'll try to get the information for you all.

Congress Discusses Intelligence Leaks

This article talks about the intelligence leaks I was mentioning. Although it does not go into specifics, I will try to locate something that mentions the new war front.

Obama Reveals Leaner US Defense Strategy

Okay, here we go. It isn't exactly what I was looking for because it doesn't come directly from the leak, but check out these quotes:

Emphasising the US presence in the Asia-Pacific region, where there is growing rivalry with an increasingly assertive China, Obama also said the military would remain vigilant in the Middle East. US troops last month completed their withdrawal from Iraq, which was invaded in 2003 to topple Saddam Hussein, and are winding down their presence in Afghanistan. "We'll be strengthening our presence in the Asia Pacific, and budget reductions will not come at the expense of this critical region," he said.

Al Jazeera’s Rosiland Jordan, reporting from Washington, said: "We are going to see a shift after more than 60 years of the US being very concerned about security issues in Europe with an eye on the former Soviet Union. "Even though the US is not going to leave NATO, it is going to be shifting much of its security posture away from Europe and more towards Asia Pacific region."

One thing you guys should know is that the information I am talking about in the leak came from talks between Obama, Hillary Clinton, and others in the war room. So there you have a statement from Obama talking about the presence in the Pacific...

America's Pacific Century

And here is an article written by Hillary Clinton saying the same thing.

As the war in Iraq winds down and America begins to withdraw its forces from Afghanistan, the United States stands at a pivot point. Over the last 10 years, we have allocated immense resources to those two theaters. In the next 10 years, we need to be smart and systematic about where we invest time and energy, so that we put ourselves in the best position to sustain our leadership, secure our interests, and advance our values. One of the most important tasks of American statecraft over the next decade will therefore be to lock in a substantially increased investment -- diplomatic, economic, strategic, and otherwise -- in the Asia-Pacific region.

Obama Administration's Rebalancing Towards Asia

Here is a .pdf that details the plans more specifically.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't see a reason why China would be of any threat right now. The US is killing itself without the need of wars, so wouldn't the smart thing to do is to watch us crumble to pieces and then act aggressively?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. I don't think China really needs to invade us or anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Is the repositioning of arms and focus towards Asia because China owns a big chunk of the American debt? Maybe the American government fears not being able to repay the debt, so they are preparing to solve the problem through war with China? Scary thought with the amount of expendable soldiers in China and their historical ability to be very strategic in their approach to war, not to mention their relationship with Russia.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I had mentioned that about a month ago.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I had mentioned that about a month ago.

did you make a thread? Maybe you should make threads on things you know!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

all so true and we in oz are getting70,000 of the usa finest stationed at our top end in darwin although the flyboys allready have a base in katherine.. yep build up is happening

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
it makes sense.

the united states has to be in a constant state of war.

having done killing iraqis and afghanis, is off to instigate more war.

but how will obama pay back 400 years of slavery without destroying the place he lives in.

my guess is by sending as many soldiers as he can to fight a war in a proxy nation.

n. korea would have been good, but now they can nuke any force in the area.

that leaves iran, but whats the point. it's no threat.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It seems somewhat inevitable that either Russia or China will stake a position for resources in the same areas we will/do, and perhaps that is what is being anticipated. Or when we invade Iran, there may be international repercussions. You don't mess with a country's oil supply man.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Once again, I think an old adage might help in this situation - to prove or to dispel...

Follow the money...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

In the next 10 years, we need to be smart and systematic about where we invest time and energy, so that we put ourselves in the best position to sustain our leadership, secure our interests, and advance our values.

Why can't that all be done right here along our borders?

edit on 19-7-2012 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
LMAO!!!! A SOURCE of yours? DUDE-just read the news-this is nothing new LOL. Obama stated this MONTHS ago. Where have you been?

Originally posted by darkbake
Introduction

I heard from a source of mine who works in intelligence that the United States is going to be moving its military assets to the Pacific front in order to deal with a massive threat from China.

Anyway, I will be providing evidence from sources that are openly available to the public and not relying on anything the source said, because I don't want to leak sensitive information or anything.

I was told this months ago, but thought of it again when reading about intelligence that was recently leaked by someone in the Obama administration that details the same thing. Since I have a unique perspective on the situation, I'll try to get the information for you all.

Congress Discusses Intelligence Leaks

This article talks about the intelligence leaks I was mentioning. Although it does not go into specifics, I will try to locate something that mentions the new war front.

Obama Reveals Leaner US Defense Strategy

Okay, here we go. It isn't exactly what I was looking for because it doesn't come directly from the leak, but check out these quotes:

Emphasising the US presence in the Asia-Pacific region, where there is growing rivalry with an increasingly assertive China, Obama also said the military would remain vigilant in the Middle East. US troops last month completed their withdrawal from Iraq, which was invaded in 2003 to topple Saddam Hussein, and are winding down their presence in Afghanistan. "We'll be strengthening our presence in the Asia Pacific, and budget reductions will not come at the expense of this critical region," he said.

Al Jazeera’s Rosiland Jordan, reporting from Washington, said: "We are going to see a shift after more than 60 years of the US being very concerned about security issues in Europe with an eye on the former Soviet Union. "Even though the US is not going to leave NATO, it is going to be shifting much of its security posture away from Europe and more towards Asia Pacific region."

One thing you guys should know is that the information I am talking about in the leak came from talks between Obama, Hillary Clinton, and others in the war room. So there you have a statement from Obama talking about the presence in the Pacific...

America's Pacific Century

And here is an article written by Hillary Clinton saying the same thing.

As the war in Iraq winds down and America begins to withdraw its forces from Afghanistan, the United States stands at a pivot point. Over the last 10 years, we have allocated immense resources to those two theaters. In the next 10 years, we need to be smart and systematic about where we invest time and energy, so that we put ourselves in the best position to sustain our leadership, secure our interests, and advance our values. One of the most important tasks of American statecraft over the next decade will therefore be to lock in a substantially increased investment -- diplomatic, economic, strategic, and otherwise -- in the Asia-Pacific region.

Obama Administration's Rebalancing Towards Asia

Here is a .pdf that details the plans more specifically.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We do not have the manpower. Tech aside, we simply will not have as many people available to fight in this theater. America could only succeed with planes and boats. Man vs Man we would take too many casualties. The land mass is too large, and we cannot put nearly enough of an occupying force to sustain ourselves as The Winners in any significant way. You think IED's are bad now, imagine a guerrilla force 100 million strong in 16 different significant regions of china at any given time;

The only way to win a war against China are WMD's. In my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just got off the phone - it appears the Philippines is in need of our support . China has been musling them.
other than that just normal personnel exchanges and moves. China and PI are having words over some islands that have oil.

China has been showing some high tech thats pretty interesting to say the least. Russia and China have been teaming up against America on the Syria confrontation.

thats all folks.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
From start of last month,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

U.S. Navy to shift 60 PER CENT  of its fleet to the Pacific as China continues to build up its military

Its seems like an odd shift to me, but as someone said, china owns a ton of U.S. Debt... Maybe just defensive posturing?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
China and russia are the United states and NATOs biggest concern more then ever after there vetoing of the sanctions for syria....i bet the mass of troops and equipment grows even larger. its only a matter of time before the super powers of this world smack heads and draw guns on each other. i just hope no one uses WMDs as i dont think this earth can handle much more abuse. the only thing we have on china besides years of advanced military technology is that the United states troop are battle harded vets who have seen action recently in different terrains.

P.S this is my first post. i hope its not a bad one

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

70,000 of the usa finest stationed at our top end in darwin although the flyboys allready have a base in katherine.. yep build up is happening

With friends like the USA who needs enemy's? This really makes my blood boil.

Our Globalist Butt-kissing PM will have us thrown right into a WWlll scenario with our Number 1 trade partner China.

Our relationship with China was going along just fine, now there is rising tensions.

Yankee Go Home!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

all so true and we in oz are getting70,000 of the usa finest stationed at our top end in darwin although the flyboys allready have a base in katherine.. yep build up is happening

70,000 huh? I just don't think so. I've heard/read 2500 Marines. Do you have source for this 70,000?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is no 70,000 US troops being moved to pacific. Thats just some BS from some anti-US folks who as always, clueless.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

WTF?

I love these uniformed, sensationalist posts. There are no '70,000 of the usa finest' being deployed to the top end.

The Marines that deploy to the Northern Territory are going to be based at Robertson Barracks, already home to some 4500 Australian soldiers from varied units - 2nd Cav Regiment, 5RAR, 8/12Medium Battery and all supporting logistics and RAE elements.

Robertson is being expanded to cater for the additional Marines. The first rotation of 200 Marines arrived at Robertson on 3APR12.

They will be on 6month rotations.

The Marines are the first contingent of 2,500 US troops to be based in northern Australia by 2017 as part of a deal announced by US president Barack Obama during his trip to the Top End last year.

Here are a couple of links for you to educate yourself with:
www.abc.net.au...
www.ntnews.com.au...

edit on 21-7-2012 by AussieNutter because: formatting issues

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join