It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s a shame about ATS... we can hardly recognize you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Except the good threads get ignored.

The site wanted foot traffic. Problem is, we got bored teens, fad conspiracy theorists and Nazi wailers junking up the site.

I think we should have post minimum to start threads. Especially for subject specific threads like 911. You must have 100 posts in order to start a thread.

And you are required to post a line, source, or resource to back up your information.

I also think, that a thread of subjects that have been beaten to death that still seem to crop up every two weeks, should be listed at the beginning of the forums. To get them out of the way and cut down on superfluous posting.
edit on 16-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by CX

The site wanted foot traffic. Problem is, we got bored teens, fad conspiracy theorists and Nazi wailers junking up the site.

I think we should have post minimum to start threads. Especially for subject specific threads like 911. You must have 100 posts in order to start a thread.

And you are required to post a line, source, or resource to back up your information.

I also think, that a thread of subjects that have been beaten to death that still seem to crop up every two weeks, should be listed at the beginning of the forums. To get them out of the way and cut down on superfluous posting.

Also another trend that has started to bug me is "Opposing threads" For example, someone creates a thread about how they hate the occupy movement and then someone else posts a thread about how they love the occupy movement, its a waste of web space.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hes right, The entire internet is complete garbage now.

You can blame everyone under the age of 25, Unfortunatly that makes up over %50 of the worlds population.

Theres only one clear answer, and Iran has it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

Well then stop complaining and make a informative thread, I agree there are too many 2012/ Doomsday/Ron Paul crap filling valuable space on here.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

OMG yes I have noticed this as well, too many times have I seen a member post absolute wonderful evidence with a long compelling read and lots of references but then some smart ass kid with a thread called eg,"21st July doomsday" gets all the attention????
WTH ATS?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

There are only so many ways you can say the same damn thing year after year.

Perhaps, a new conspiracy ?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
In response to getting banned...and youve had TEN accts? WTF! Didnt you read any of the T&C's? None?

You thought this was a place you could discuss any topic that interests you a no-hold-barred-cuss-insult-address anyone about anything and any topic? Say what you want? ?????

Geez. The site owner explained recently that this is a PRIVATE forum...with rules, decorum and T & C's to adhere to to participate.

Therein is the problem. You must have thought whatever those topics were that got you banned 9 times about.... was acceptable, and maybe they were...to you. Obviously, not here...and certainly not just because you wanted to.

We all have to follow rules of whatever forum or website we participate in.

Its like standing in front of 5 yr olds and talking about killing their pets...or in a University Theology class talking about how there cant be a Supreme being...just because YOU wanted too.

We do need some restraint...even in a free society...thank goodness. Peace

PS TEN screen-names? No really! You got banned that many times? And you keep coming back.....please. Unless youre going for acct # 11...read the T & C's.....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I completely agree.
I find the American bashing rants to be the worst IMO. (hint hint)
You may have peel back the layers a bit deeper to get to the sweet stuff, but it is still there.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can remember when television was introduced to the majority in the 50's.

(yeah... I'm that hoary with lichen growing on my large nose)

If we were lucky, we had maybe 3 stations to watch and, on weekends, kids like me were glued to that black and white screen. I thought it was the grandest, most miraculous thing ever. Today, I hardly ever watch it unless there's a particularly good movie or documentary being shown, even though I have hundreds of channels to click through.

The net is like that now too. It's important to discriminate as to what you are willing to spend your time on in the same way as television.

If I want news, the best place is online and the best way to do that is to be interactive and actually discuss what we hope for, know as a fact or declare as intolerable. If the news isn't the interest, then there are an endless number of other websites to explore.

ATS is a little slice of all of that and includes people of all ages within its membership to have a right to say what they think (within reason). If anyone of those members doesn't like what they're reading, they can just click away and find something they might in another forum.

Nobody can convince me that there are not pearls to be found here on ATS. Like those 600 channels on the television, you just need to look.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

There are only so many ways you can say the same damn thing year after year.

Perhaps, a new conspiracy ?

That was funny...
Here's the thing though to newer members these subjects that the "old timer's" feel have been "beat to death" are still new for them. Sure it's great to go back and read old threads, I do it often actually, but it's not the same as having a real time discussion with others, the NWO, aliens, Monsanto, etc., etc., are on-going concerns...and I love when an older member takes the time to jump in a thread they may already know alot about and work it through with the others in a thread that may not be as well versed on the subject....

Having said that..."Hail" to the new unofficial ATS Regent...Neno......a great example of someone who knows his way around ATS...many posts, wise, assertive, to the point, but still manages to help and teach without making you feel stupid...and often times will make you laugh too........

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
ats broke the story about the london riots nearly one hour before the bbc in london nuff said talk is cheap do something about it then instead of bitching

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Who is responsible for the threads that are posted on this website?

ATS is what you make of it.

It appears that you took some time creating this thread. Now try doing the same about something that matters.

In other words: Shut up. Stop whining. Do something about it.

edit on 7/16/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

Thank you! Im getting sick of certain threads too! Mostly these rants of so called 'old timers' who bitch about ATS sucking, yet have not had any or hardly any input into the site! Be an example! Show the rest of us what you think ATS should be instead of complaining about the lack of 'good' threads!
Thx again brokencircles, you said just what i was thinking

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by CX

Also another trend that has started to bug me is "Opposing threads" For example, someone creates a thread about how they hate the occupy movement and then someone else posts a thread about how they love the occupy movement, its a waste of web space.

Well you have the choice to read it or not. If it offends you or you dont agree with a thread, post it. If not, pass on by. Noone holds a gun to your head to read this site, or click on certain threads. Ugh...
Oh, and is it your space to 'waste'? You have the option of starting your own site, and then YOU can decide what to have posted or not, no?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wait a second... did I miss exactly why women and their offspring are the cause of this?????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

if your inflated ego and sense of self are an indication of how much better ats once was, i am glad i waited so long to become a member.i have learned so much about topics that are never touched upon in daily life in the past six years i have been visiting this site. and twice as much since i joined a few months ago. perhaps i do not add anything to the threads because i am not as learned on the subject matter as the older members. perhaps the older members have something to learn from the newer members.i personally am here to expand my limits of knowledge and perception. no offense to you sir, but the old boys club can put their teeth in a glass of water and take a nap. it will help with the irritability

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i've been reading threads and comments on ATS for a long time, longer than i have been a member, and though i agree with what you say, i do not blame kids and women for the major loss of integrity i have noticed in the last year or more.

there have been too many absurd ideas proposed and far too many people in support of them. some ideas are defended wholeheartedly, it seems, by the op, who is either a troll or incredibly stupid. an example of a more recent thread with a surprisingly enthusiastic following is the one about the BA advertisement stating something along the lines of, "don't fly, stay in Britain." i couldn't believe there was a thread about it, nor could i believe the amount of attention it received. we should at least keep in mind what Scully said to Mulder, "not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy and not everybody is plotting to deceive, inveigle and obfuscate", before posting.

threads should require more thought and reliable sources and should be taken more seriously.

something has to be done to turn ATS around. even if it takes more moderation to filter the junk.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

I agree there are too many 2012/ Doomsday/Ron Paul crap filling valuable space on here.

“Ron Paul crap”?… Now let me tell you something. It’s not the Ron Paul crowd but too many people with hidden vested interests relentlessly CALLING justified insights “crap”. THESE members are flooding and killing ATS. And they’re from a very well recognizable corner, just look at your avatar. And nothing is done against them because it fits the agenda. Enough said.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The OP has a point, the content on here is still good and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but a part of the reason why old timers believe ATS has changed so much is because of the influx of bored teenagers and mainline conspiracy hipsters that are watering down the content with argument baiting and off topic banter.

There was a time when ATS felt underground, we had a lot of whistle blowers on here and the topics would stretch on for weeks filled with questions and answers rather than just rubbish.

ATS has changed with the new generation. I think that speaks for itself.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I really miss the chemtrail and Bush threads...

not.

I've been here since 2004 and lost my account with the password reset after ATS was hacked or whatever happened to it..

The only difference is that there are more people. There were jerks back then, there are jerks now...only difference is the population grew so you see more of them. But you also see more level headed people as well.. People only notice the negatives.

I'm glad that ATS has more a diverse political spectrum now as well. This site used to be nothing but super right wing types from what I remember.
edit on 16-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Boswell

LOL, well I was one of the "dummies" in that thread.....and I completely disagree.....in "hindsight" before 9-11....there were alot of "clues" for whatever "sick" reason....TPTB love thier symbolisim and to "taunt" us by putting it right in our face....it was a "strange" commercial, with ominous under tones, and worthy of discussion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join