It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Rep. Mike Ritze moves for nullification of ObamaCare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanats

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by stanats

Meanwhile stanats tries to divert the issue of an increasing and pending major problem by attempting to turn a nonpartisan discussion thread into something it's not.

Oh...unless you're saying that to stand firmly in defense of states' sovereign rights is partisan. Then I'm of that party...whatever it may be called.

The supposed existence of your 'increasing and pending major problem' is based only on your opinion.

Must be mine too then. I too find it curious how so many states made sure they had the ability to opt out early on in this process. You should also look into how many states changed their status and gave themselves the ability to succeed from the union if necessary. It use to be only Texas that had that ability but several others now have it. You can close your eyes and hope the monsters go away but it doesnt really work. You do realize they only appear gone because you closed your eyes, Right?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stanats

I'm not claiming to be above them. I'm claiming at this point, in fact proclaiming, that I'm tremendously apathetic to them. They have become exactly what George Washington predicted they would become if not kept under control - the ruin of this country. Two corrupt nationalized parties each vying to destroy this republic for different reasons. If you are so blinded by your own party politics (which I guess are those of the Democrats based on your charges against me) then you have been utterly lulled into a state of comatose and can't see that both are poison.

For the life of me watching masses of people not see that is like witnessing a zombie invasion scene in The Walking Dead.

Point blank question to you: Do you equate the issue of defending a state's sovereign rights and powers as being that of the GOP? Is that what you are saying? Do you stand in opposition to the defense of a state's sovereignty?

I'm trying to get straight what the heck is bugging you.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanats
In related news, Valhall offers his services to the Romney for President campaign by posting partisan political threads in conspiracy forums

You SERIOUSLY have no clue who Valhall is or her posting history ...
The above statement is beyond silly.

VALHALL ... star and flag. You are sooooo right!

For the life of me watching masses of people not see that is like witnessing a zombie invasion scene in The Walking Dead.

Which is why I have 'zombieland' as where I"m from listed here ...
You nailed that one as well. SO VERY TRUE!

edit on 7/10/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

*hugs*

It's okay FF. I've got my zombie invasion kit ready. We'll get through this together.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Interesting thread, gotta love us Okies.....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The problem with the Affordable Health Care Act of 2012 is that it's not affordable.
I've been talking with insurance companies left and right to buy health care coverage for myself.
Everyone tells me the prices are about to quadroople. How is that affordable ?
My work offers a policy for $600.00 a month (what I would have to pay) for me to have coverage.
Since I barely if ever get sick, I found coverage outside of work for $200.00 a month.
In order to get that, I have to first QUALIFY for it. That is utter bull puckie. I should not have to QUALIFY
as I am not asking for CREDIT, not getting a LOAN, or anything near that. The only thing they should
want to know is if I have any PRE-EXISTING conditions, which I don't and if I did, it ain't none of their damned
business. Even ObamaCare rules out pre-existing conditions.

So, NO, I do not want SOCIALIZED MEDICINE. I already have that with my VA Benefits. Why do I want to continue to HURRY UP & WAIT ???

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Obamacare has nothing to do with socialized medicine. All it says is get health insurance or pay a tax. It has nothing to do with healthcare itself.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

In real terms, I'm not sure any one single person yet knows all of what is in this bill. We are still hearing about new 'gotcha' surprises here and there or things that were glossed over. To be technical though, it passed the house and Nancy's absurd cartoon gavel in a form that could be fairly put over 2,000 pages. In the official statute form it occupies 961 pages. What a difference font, spacing and size make. Either way, it is 425,116 words in all it's..ahem..glory.

It's about far far more than simply 'get insurance or pay a tax'. That could have been handled in a few pages written at a level anyone could understand. Only congress could come up with something even the Speaker said we'd have to pass to see what it contained and many a member openly laughed at the suggestion of actually having read. Wholesale repeal is the answer in my view. Lets start over in good faith, if that can ever happen.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I feel very lucky to live in Scotland after reading this. If I get sick or have an accident, and we all do, I can go to Accident and Emergency or my doctor and be treated without financial worries. Any medicine I need is "free". Well you can argue that it is taxed, as it is, then fine, but when that care far exceeds any tax you pay then I am indeed lucky am I not?

If I loose a limb, as my best friend has, then there is not a need to worry about the cost of prosthetics. Anytime something is wrong, improvements need made or an upgrade is needed then he can just pop into the care centre. Kinda great really. I believe in the USA that would require the right insurance/financial ability?

So it really makes me wonder why some people so should be so concerned that healthcare should be readily available to everyone. A tax to pay for it is bad? Hardly, it has to be paid for as we live in a society that uses money after all and not a Star Trek Utopia.

It seems a shame therefore that the same isn't available in every country and person throughout the world. As it should be.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by logican

That's great for you. I'm glad you like it.

www.adviceguide.org.uk...

I don't want that system. And I don't want a federal government telling me I have to have that system. It's okay...I won't make you come live here.

My state can decide what needs to happen in my state. I'll be part of that vote. We'll decide what we want to happen here in our state. We won't decide anything for Scotland....or Maryland for that matter. That's the way we are SUPPOSED to work here in this republic of ours.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

your state is becoming more appealing every day.
and that is one piece of legislation i too would fully support

good luck.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That's great for you. I'm glad you like it.

I do.

www.adviceguide.org.uk...

The point of your link is?

I don't want that system. And I don't want a federal government telling me I have to have that system. It's okay...I won't make you come live here.

Why not? And you can't make me live there unless you feel you can or had some point to make by that statement?

My state can decide what needs to happen in my state. I'll be part of that vote. We'll decide what we want to happen here in our state. We won't decide anything for Scotland....or Maryland for that matter. That's the way we are SUPPOSED to work here in this republic of ours.

You do realise Scotland is in the UK yes? Not a US State? I hope so anyway. So why so defensive about a healthcare programme we have here that is ultimately altruistic? I only pointed out the benefit we have here in the UK, and you appear to take offense to that. Isn't the ideal a society that cares for all, not for the one?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by logican

My God, I'm not defensive about your health care system. I don't give a flaming flamingo what your health care system is. Do you not get that is about 90% of the point toward you? You are not in my country I don't care what you do over there. I don't care if 10% of whatever rate you pay goes to house the biggest welfare family in the world (yes, that would be your royals). I don't care if you get your band aids free. I really don't care.

I live in the sovereign State of Oklahoma. That is an INDEPENDENT sovereign political entity that is by agreement only part of a CONSTITUTIONALIZED REPUBLIC of United States. Within that agreement are certain boundaries that allow my people (those citizens of the sovereign entity within which I live called Oklahoma) to decide almost ALL matters for ourselves.

This was not one of them that we had relinquished our right and power to decide.

That and I'm pretty opposed to slavery so I'm not up on becoming one, if you don't mind. This isn't about your country, okay? I told you I'm just peachy keen with you being okay with the way things are over there, so that's about all you need to know on my views of your structure.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
My God, I'm not defensive about your health care system. I don't give a flaming flamingo what your health care system is. Do you not get that is about 90% of the point toward you? You are not in my country I don't care what you do over there. I don't care if 10% of whatever rate you pay goes to house the biggest welfare family in the world (yes, that would be your royals). I don't care if you get your band aids free. I really don't care.

You don't care is what I get from that. Full stop. It's about you. 10% to the Royal Family? Eh, is that what your link was supposed to point out? And 10%? Really? You really are coming across as both uneducated and selfish thus far.

I live in the sovereign State of Oklahoma. That is an INDEPENDENT sovereign political entity that is by agreement only part of a CONSTITUTIONALIZED REPUBLIC of United States. Within that agreement are certain boundaries that allow my people (those citizens of the sovereign entity within which I live called Oklahoma) to decide almost ALL matters for ourselves.

This was not one of them that we had relinquished our right and power to decide.

That and I'm pretty opposed to slavery so I'm not up on becoming one, if you don't mind. This isn't about your country, okay? I told you I'm just peachy keen with you being okay with the way things are over there, so that's about all you need to know on my views of your structure.

OK, your pretty opposed to slavery? Not totally, just pretty. I think I am getting your point. So you seem to have ignored all my remarks, so well done to you. I think that's pretty (if not totally) special. I pointed out the benefit to an altruistic society, whatever country that may reside in. But it's OK, you don't like the sound of that. That's your right after all.

Chimpanzees demonstrate altruism by the way. Just thought I'd pass that on.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by logican

Chimpanzees demonstrate altruism by the way. Just thought I'd pass that on.

I think we just concluded whatever debate was happening in your head. Here, have a banana.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'm not speaking for the whole populace of any state or region. I'm making a statement based on the number of southern states that are opting out and have been voicing, for some time, unhappiness at the decisions of the federal government (by the way, pre-dating Obama).

Do the math...there seems to be a GROWING (as I stated before) unhappiness in the southern states.

Yeah, I know what you mean. They're mad as hell! Right up until the moment they pass out the checks! Remember dear old Bobby Jindal of Louisiana?

thinkprogress.org...

Jindal takes credit for stimulus, presents constituents with jumbo-sized stimulus check.

They're just talking trash. As soon as their hospital districts start complaining over the loss of funding, they'll be passing out the checks and attempting to take the credit. Go figure!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I actually agree with you on this example. Jindal's gonna be where Jindal needs to be to get press.

New Orleans and Detroit - class examples in what a mandated altruistic society will get you. Redistribute redistribute...oops, nothing's left. We can't even keep the street lights on anymore!

Count me out.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen anyone not get it more than you. I'll just supply you with more rope shall I? It's OK, you won't get that.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by logican

OY!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

yeah, those Northern, Romneycare types sure are doing their own thing ... with the same stimulus funds.

Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital, 680 Centre St., is one of dozens of Massachusetts hospitals receiving millions in federal stimulus money to institute and maintain a system of electronic health records.

Earlier this year, the hospital received at least $3.3 million in federal funds from Medicare and Medicaid as incentive payments for getting the new technology up and running – part of a $20 billion program passed in the 2009 stimulus plan. Read more: www.enterprisenews.com...
yeppers, those rich, industrialists sure have their hands out at every corner, don't they ??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join