It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have just struck oil on my land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
well i was taking some soil samples on my land to check which places would be suitable for each crop i struck oil
but now i think i am going to just leave it there is loads but i am too scared to tell anyone encase the Americans come and invade my farm

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
well i was taking some soil samples on my land to check which places would be suitable for each crop i struck oil
but now i think i am going to just leave it there is loads but i am too scared to tell anyone encase the Americans come and invade my farm

Cash in, get out, and live off the grid.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Check with a lawyer before you do anything. During wartime and such, the gubment can seize the property and the oil, especially if you're actively drilling. Find out what laws pertain to you. My wife and I had to go through this with land we own in Texas...

edit on 7/10/2012 by visualmiscreant because: spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

lol

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I say... stock up.. then tell whoever it is you need to tell to make your millions... Congratulations though. I know it's hard out here in this world, luck is never a bad thing to have.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

are you hiring?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
you need to check you property bill of sale says about what you own. I know my parents and alot of other places state that they do not own particular resources at a certain depth. Something along those lines at least. Lacking mineral rights i guess

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

How do you knw there is "loads" of oil?

Why do I get a feeling this thread is nothing but a joke?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies!! LOL!!

But seriously, Just hire someone with the propper knowledge to confirm your claim...

Shouldn't be that hard...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Go get a lawyer and find out how to stake a claim on that there Oil!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Check your mineral rights.

If you don't have them such that you have rights to the oil, you are S.O.L. and your land can get yanked out from under you like a rug on an old comedy, and you won't be laughing.

If you DO have rights, LEASE those rights. Shop around for the highest bidder.
Leasing the mineral rights lets you keep the land and all the other minerals you don't lease out.

Once leased out, go live your dream. Buy and work another other farm. Chase Russian hookers in Moscow.
Live slow, or live fast, or anywhere in between to whatever level the lease income allows you per your comfort level.

Don't be greedy either. If companies offer you similar prices, take the one you feel best about. Take one of the offers because they're all going to be knocking on your neighbor's doors and offering them LESS.
If the companies can drill on your neighbor's property and get the same thing from the same well that spreads over miles of adjoining property, including yours, you will get screwed.

Look at lease offers quick, and take all decent respectable offers for leasing rights under consideration with an attorney present.

If you act stubborn, you'll get left out while your neighbors cash in, and you'll also probably lose your property on top of it.

Come to a legal lease agreement and you get to keep you land and reap the benefits.

edit on 10-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
leave it where it is many pagans have the belief that the world is a living being .ask yourself if they are pumping 750.000.000 barrels per week every week sometimes when its busy 900.000.000 is it really natural as science tells us that it takes 2-300 tonns of material to make 1 gallon of oil ? and theres 38 gallons in every barrel . oil is under intense pressure deep down 10 tonns psi cars are 30 psi read up on nathan stubblefield a man who stumped even tesla / a quote from him and the world spoke to the geomancers in runes
theres more to life than money benzine is way bad for humans within a ten miles radius of gas stations people get sick women abort easier go watch the clouds near a oil refiniary for a while spooky

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Don't feed the troll.

This thread was a joke by the op.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
^^^^ Dont listen to this guy^^^^^

hes just jealous he didnt strike oil on his land

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Is your name Jed? And were you shooten at some food?

youtu.be...

edit on 10/7/2012 by Mickierocksman because: If you do strike it rich and want to live in a mansion in Beverly Hills (and you have a cute daughter) it most certainly won’t work out like the show……. so cash it in and run for another type of hill.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This has to be a joke post
How would he know how much oil is there by taking a soil sample
TROLL

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

OK, the OP maybe a troll but some very useful information was posted by are ATS members, Reguarding land mineral rights, never knew about that, Im from the UK but i suspect the laws are similare in America and are against the common folk striking it lucky on there own land, Bit like finding old roman coins and the such here in Ireland, But the British heritage mueseams have claims on your find and tax you as well !!.

With reguards to your post about wartime claims, Is the USA still at war with "The war on terrorism" and does that mean they (your goverment) have rights on your finds ?

Im interested in this topic because im currantly thinking off purchasing a "Metal detecter" and hope to strick lucky with some finds, was gonna star but a troll is present

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
For those who lacks a sense of humour. here is important part of the message :

the Americans come and invade my farm

edit on 11-7-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
yea majority of all deeds do not give you mineral rights on your own property.

my uncle is a huge farmer and owns many of the fields he works, and he found out quick even though the land was his paid for and had the deed, when it was found oil the land was taken and mineral rights belonged to state which hands it out to whatever corporation the state employs to take the minerals.

there is no true land ownership in america.

imminent domain which is federal law can remove anyone from their property at will due to minerals, highways, etc being built.

and most all land deeds do not give the owner mineral rights and any precious metals/minerals do not belong to the land owner.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You may have discovered oil but do you own the mineral rights to the land? My family owns mineral rights to several large tracts of land. When the grand children of the family that bought it 75 years ago tried to drill for the oil there they were very upset to learn they couldn't. My family may have sold them the land but not the mineral rights. On top of that we as the mineral rights holder can drill any time we like and drill most anywhere we want.

Mineral rights holders usually have more authority over the land use then the actual land owner. May want to check out your current land status before you do anything else. Also the oil availability is going to be an issue. Meaning how hard is it to remove from the ground.
edit on 11-7-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join