It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘New Gestapo’? Maine Gov. Blasts Massive Expansion of IRS Agents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Governor Paul LePage of Maine is making news for allegedly referring to the IRS as the “new Gestapo” Saturday, after blasting the president’s overhaul of our health care system. He reportedly said: This tax will add to the $500 billion in tax increases that are already in Obamacare. Now that Congress can use the taxation power of the federal government to compel behavior or lack thereof, what’s next? More taxes if we don’t drive Toyota Priuses or if we eat too much junk food or maybe even pea soup? This decision has made America less free. ‘We The People’ have been told there is no choice. You must buy health insurance or pay the new Gestapo – the I.R.S.
This is what really pisses me off about liberals and the sheeple; they only concentrate on the health insurance mandate totally ignoring the larger issue of the precedent now set. The government can now force us to engage in commerce. It can force us to buy products that we do not want, whether we can afford it or not. There are so many larger issues being obfuscated by the health care issue, that I just want to start grabbing liberals by the neck and start shaking them yelling WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!
Our "government" now has the "authority" to kill anybody deemed a terrorist or "threat" and THEY MAKE THAT DETERMINATION. They can track us, spy on us, arrest us, and make us disappear without telling anybody; all in the name of national security. Now they can force us to buy crap we don't want and take the money without even providing the product or service if we fail to comply.
ARE YOU Fing SERIOUS!?! WAKE UP! It is almost too late now.

Yahoo News
edit on 8-7-2012 by DarthMuerte because: Added Link

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
He's getting nailed in the press for using a reference to the Nazis. His language was a extreme, but he does have a point. It's a huge power grab by the government and a huge expansion of the IRS (when in fact we should have a flat tax and the IRS should be getting smaller). And the government can now arrest everyone who refuses to pay for their health insurance scam.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Didn't we just celebrate our "independence"? Seriously? Did anyone reflect on what that meant? Everything our forefathers fought for, we are letting slip away. Where is the line? When will we finally stand up and say "That is it! No More!".

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

His reference to Nazis is entirely accurate in my opinion. He should stand up and point out all of the parallels. He should do so loudly and vociferously.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I know what you mean brother. I feel the same way everyday...sigh. The end really does draw nigh. I hope people will wake up before we become totally enslaved. The only thing holding the enemy back right now is the second amendment, and Obama is trying to usurp that with a U.N. treaty......but at least they're being so blatant to where even the glossy eyed masses might wake up. Their arrogance will be their downfall.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Looks like LePage is thinking about running for Veep or POTUS soon, with pandering like this. He knows he will not be re-elected as Governor in Maine (he's widely disliked and only won because the election was split between several candidates, despite being very popular among the tea party), so he's using his platform to get some national attention while he can.

The GOP need more fresh faces for the 2016 election, and we are going to see more governors playing to the popular sentiment.

Smart. Shrewd. Politician.
edit on 8-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

This is not "pandering", he is speaking the truth. We are becoming like Nazi Germany.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

This is not "pandering", he is speaking the truth.

Sure it is. You just dont know what 'pandering' means

the expression of one's views in a manner that appeals to voters

We are becoming like Nazi Germany.

I'm no fan of the SCOTUS ruling on the ACCA, or the expansion of Medicaid, per se, but comparing it to Nazi Germany is absurd hyperbole. The US unilaterally invading a sovereign nation is like nazi germany. Killing political dissidents by the tens of thousands is like Nazi Germany.Comparing the expansion of Medicade to the Nazi's is just immature nonsense. Get some perspective. Comparisons like this only serve to muddy the debate, and the recent SCOTUS ruling is bad enough without needing to compare it to gas chambers.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The IRS may be rightfully compared to the SS.

And the TSA may be rightfully compared to the Brown Shirts.......all of whom were eventually disposed of by AH

edit on 8-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: spell

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Pandering has a generally negative connotation. Speaking the truth is not "pandering".

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Pandering has a generally negative connotation. Speaking the truth is not "pandering".

Comparing the IRS to the Gestapo, who engaged in mass arrests and executions of tens of thousands of political dissidents is most definitely inaccurate pandering to an ignorant populace.

Again, one can make all kinds of legitimate criticisms of the SCOTUS ruling, but comparing them to the Gestapo is historically inaccurate hyperbole.

What you are missing is I am not condemning his criticism of the SCOTUS ruling (although i am critical of his comparison tot he gestapo, thats just idiotic).

I'm just pointing out he is a politician, and politicians pander for their own political gain. LePage likely has his eyes on larger office. He's already gone from City Councilor, to Mayor, to Governor. Now I bet he has his eyes on DC. Look beyond the emotional reaction his pandering illicits, and be capable of analyzing this beyond your own partisan predisposition.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Comparing the expansion of Medicade to the Nazi's is just immature nonsense. Get some perspective. Comparisons like this only serve to muddy the debate, and the recent SCOTUS ruling is bad enough without needing to compare it to gas chambers.

You are either blind, or being obtuse. It isn't about the health insurance. WAKE UP! It is about the power grab that they just accomplished under your very nose. OPEN YOUR EYES! Now they can force you to buy health insurance or take your money. Next it might be orange juice, or GM cars, or being forced to move all of your money to certain "approved" institutions(you do know that the health insurance companies are "licensed", meaning approved, by the government....right? What gives them the right to FORCE citizens to buy anything?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Comparing the expansion of Medicade to the Nazi's is just immature nonsense. Get some perspective. Comparisons like this only serve to muddy the debate, and the recent SCOTUS ruling is bad enough without needing to compare it to gas chambers.

You are either blind, or being obtuse. It isn't about the health insurance. WAKE UP! It is about the power grab that they just accomplished under your very nose. OPEN YOUR EYES! Now they can force you to buy health insurance or take your money. Next it might be orange juice, or GM cars, or being forced to move all of your money to certain "approved" institutions(you do know that the health insurance companies are "licensed", meaning approved, by the government....right? What gives them the right to FORCE citizens to buy anything?

Here, read about the actual GESTAPO so you can stop making such absurd comparisons

I suspect if you actually understood the issue being discussed, you wouldnt rely on such hyperbolic comparisons to the Nazis. This SCOTUS ruling s bad enough. One doesnt need to make such in-apt comparisons to agents of mass death.

As I already pointed out, you arent arguing what I am saying. I'm not defending the SCOTUS ruling in regards to the expansion of Medicaid. I'm sayign that comparing it to the Gestapo, who imprisoned and executed tens of thousands of political dissidents is historically inaccurate hyperbole that plays to ignorant, emotional individuals liek yourself who likely know little about the history of the comparisons you make, like a hysterical child hwo calls their parents nazixs because they ground you.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Comparing the IRS to the Gestapo, who engaged in mass arrests and executions of tens of thousands of political dissidents is most definitely inaccurate pandering to an ignorant populace.

Again, one can make all kinds of legitimate criticisms of the SCOTUS ruling, but comparing them to the Gestapo is historically inaccurate hyperbole.
It might currently by hyperbole, but not by much. They already perform armed raids

irs raid

irs wrongful death

Senators Hear of Armed IRS Raids

Armed IRS agents raid rapper Young Buck's home

I could go on and on. They may not be the gestapo.... yet, but it is like watching an oncoming train. OPEN YOUR EYES!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It might currently by hyperbole, but not by much. They already perform armed raids

irs raid

irs wrongful death

Senators Hear of Armed IRS Raids

Armed IRS agents raid rapper Young Buck's home

I could go on and on. They may not be the gestapo.... yet, but it is like watching an oncoming train. OPEN YOUR EYES!

Oh lord. Are you still in high school? The gestapo killed Tens of thousands of people in the matter of a few months. Your comparison is pure ignorance. Go read a god damned history book.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'd have to say that it is not like the nazi's.

It's more like the KGB.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'd have to say that it is not like the nazi's.

It's more like the KGB.

A valid argument given the communistic tendencies of dear ruler.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Someone has to make sure all Americans pay up for their free healthcare!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You are arguing murders, I am arguing POWERS. The powers are the problem. The level of murders and atrocities will only grow unless the power issue is addressed soon.

The Gestapo had the power to arrest people without any charge and send them to concentration camps. The Nazi Police State was to ensure that everybody did as they were told - or paid the price. The Nazi Police were controlled by Heinrich Himmler and his feared secret police, the Gestapo did as it pleased in Nazi Germany. Can you not see that we are headed down the same path. I read history, I suggest you try to comprehend history and apply the lessons lest we be doomed to repeat them.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

True.

Instead of bitching like a baby on a forum, I left the USA. You stayed.

So shut up about it already, you made your choice, Mr. Florida.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join