It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs...(In the point of view of many Christians)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Then why do you not say Mother? Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

She is separate from Father. Only when speaking in English do we use these terms, it's only for easy reference, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

She is separate from Father. Only when speaking in English do we use these terms, it's only for easy reference, nothing more.

So...either you have sort of a duality monotheistic view or you believe in separate entities. If you believe in the GAIA concept of a Mother Earth...that is not far from the truth although I would increase this principle to include the Universe or actually the Multiverse.

If you know anything about Quantum Mechanics or String Theory...you would understand that there are many versions of you and I and every possible outcome or possibility must exist. Thus there is a version of you that is Murderous and another version that is meek. The same for me as Infinite Possibilities in Infinite Divergent Universal Realities as well as Infinite Diversity.

For Cause and Effect to EXIST as well as Freewill...this must EXIST! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Can you explain how the world is dangerous, because many choose to believe in God?
edit on 14-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

When people are willing to die or kill for a version of god that may or may not even exist, yes it makes the world more dangerous. You might remember this day called 9/11 and the radical fundie movements going on in the middle east. Fundamentalist muslims and christians that reject modern science in favor of literalistic scriptures is a major problem in the world today. They promote a dark ages mentality, rather than focusing on positivity and spreading that love to others. They have a war on science and knowledge going on and it's not justified. Anybody that promotes ignorance over the pursuit of knowledge and understanding is making the world more dangerous. Intelligence is important. Treating people as equals regardless of their personal belief system is important. I'd agree that it's not the belief in god itself, it's fundamentalism in regards to that belief that is the problem, and that mentality leads to the creation of ridiculous threads like this one.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Sweet
I like to be used as an example

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I recently watched an episode of the tv show Dinosaurs from the early 90's called "Changing Nature".

It's funny but has a good message.

It's their view of how the dinosaurs became extinct.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
Christians base the 6000 year concept on their understanding of the Bible, as well as what theologians teach.

Many others base the millions of years concept on their understanding of science textbooks and articles, as well as what geologists and paleontologists teach.

none of us have been around long enough to prove either one.

seriously; just because Dr. Gizmo says this rock is radiotelemetry dated to 6-8 million years old...do we just take his word for it?
ALL this,on both sides, is theoretical. science is based on *observation*, and we have not been around long enough to observe the march of time. how far back do our written records go? carbon 14 and other dating methods are based on speculation measuing particle decay. how do we know the decay is constant? I've heard Christians suggest a 'pre-aged' universe. either way, it can't be *proven*.

Well - actually science can prove it's points. That is was makes it science. This is how it works:

Carbon comes in two stable non-radioactive isotopes (meaning that it won't radioactively decay) Carbon-12 and Carbon-13. There are many other Carbon isotopes, but the one we want to look at is called Carbon-14. Carbon-14 is produced as a reaction to cosmic rays in the Earths atmosphere. This means that small amounts of Carbon-14 are present in your body whenever you breathe in, or eat. Carbon-14 unlike Carbon-12 or 13 is unstable and slowly decays into Nitrogen-14 over the course of thousands of years. Now you ask, how is this related to Carbon Dating?

I'll tell you.

Carbon-14 is not naturally present in your body. It only comes in when you breathe or eat. So when you die, you stop intaking Carbon-14. Now when scientists dig up your remains thousands of years later, they can measure the amount of decay of the Carbon-14, and if you have died within the last 60,000 years they can determine the exact time at which you died.

Now you might believe that this methode is flawed. But when various people all over the world can do the same experiment, reach the same conclusion, and do this repetiatly, then it atleast reaches my criteria for what I consider proven.
You don't need somebody who is 6.000 years, or 60.000 years old to know that this stuff is true, when the evidence is consistent.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

I know that labs all over the world can replicate Carbon-14 levels in organic materials. No problem.

My beef and doubt is the assumption that the cosmic rays which caused the Carbon-14 have been constant over, say, the 60,000 years you mention. It is usually considered axiomatic, but I have my doubts. The precision of the tests may just be misleading. I did medical laboratory testing for some 35 years, and I have a good grasp of the pitfalls of testing. A plausible theory and acceptable precision do not science make - assumptions must be substantiated.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They died off.

The earth is much older than 6000 years. What is generally taught scientifically about the age of the earth is closer.
Genesis 1:1 includes the creation of our planet.
Christians who say otherwise are making fools of themselves, as evidenced by the comments in this thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Im a Christian and went through a Christian based curriculum in school (Abeka one of the most strict baptist schools) and was never taought the earth was only 6000 years old, I was taught it was between 10,000 and 12,000 years old. I was taught this by looking at the genealogy in the old testament, I mean Noah and Methuselah both lived to be around 950 years old so that would have ment they lived roughly 1/6 the exsistence of the earth. I don't even see how they would find 6000 years plausable, that dosent leave much time for most things to have happened in the historical time line in the way of civilizations.

There is actually a lot of evidence that shows man and dinosaurs exsisted at the same time, they have discovered cave paintings and some later art works by early civilizations dipicting dinosaurs, statues of many diffrent dinosaurs such as Stegosaurus, and protoceratops.Now most evolutionists will tell you that these were created just out of mans imagination, or that people found bones of dinosaurs like we do today and recreated them, which is kind of hard to believe considreing most of the time we only find partial skelotons containing only around 20-30% of the bones. Its also kind of strange how there are so many stories of "dragons and leviathan" spread all around the world through cultures who never met each other giving almost identical discriptions of the creatures.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
There is actually a lot of evidence that shows man and dinosaurs exsisted at the same time, they have discovered cave paintings and some later art works by early civilizations dipicting dinosaurs, statues of many diffrent dinosaurs such as Stegosaurus, and protoceratops.

Cool! Care to share what exact cave paintings/works of art you're talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join