It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs...(In the point of view of many Christians)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I saw this article on Facebook today, posted by one of my more radical Christian friends. It is supposed to explain how dinosaurs coexisted with humans. I have no problems with religion, I could care less what people believe, BUT that being said, when I see things like this it makes me realize the brainwashing Chistains recieve, and im sure this happens in the other religions as well.
The article is shown here:
What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs?
In the article, I found many things that went against everything I believe and I would say it goes against what a majority of the members on ATS believe. Of these things what I found most interesting is shown here:

According to the Bible: Dinosaurs first existed around 6,000 years ago.3 God made the dinosaurs, along with the other land animals, on Day 6 of the Creation Week (Genesis 1:20–25, 31). Adam and Eve were also made on Day 6—so dinosaurs lived at the same time as people, not separated by eons of time.

That is a red flag right there. It claims that its only been 6,000 years since they roamed the Earth, I'll just stick to the obvious here, we have so many sites that predate that number! One of the most well known of these I think is Gobeki Tepe,

The site isn't just old, it redefines old: the temple was built 11,500 years ago—a staggering 7,000 years before the Great Pyramid, and more than 6,000 years before Stonehenge first took shape.

Another interesting statement made in the article is this:

After the Flood, around 4,300 years ago, the remnant of the land animals, including dinosaurs, came off the Ark and lived in the present world, along with people. Because of sin, the judgments of the Curse and the Flood have greatly changed earth. Post-Flood climatic change, lack of food, disease, and man’s activities caused many types of animals to become extinct. The dinosaurs, like many other creatures, died out. Why the big mystery about dinosaurs?

I dont think I have to further elaborate on the misguided words of this article, but that is just my opinion and to each his own. I just had to vent my frustration from reading this

Thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

The dinosaurs was an experiment, before man was created. Man was to first take this form, but it didn't work out. Now, you have man as you see it today, in the image of Father.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Nothing existed before 6,000 years ago! Remember?!

LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Whats with this "brainwashed" statements people keep yappin abouts... You act like non christians dont have stupid theorys, at least christians dont blame "Aliens" for everything... I've never heard this dinosaur thing but, since humans where supposedly giants back then, its plausible.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So who's image was dinoman meant to represent?

The whole theory is based on the delusion that the world was created 6000 years ago and therefore dinosaurs walked the Earth with man. That is the most ridiculous reasoning I have ever heard.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by jhill76

So who's image was dinoman meant to represent?

The whole theory is based on the delusion that the world was created 6000 years ago and therefore dinosaurs walked the Earth with man. That is the most ridiculous reasoning I have ever heard.

I had to smile at the statement above, but image in of itself. Man has been here much longer than 6k years.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Get past the Christian aspect and the 6000 years and you're actually left with an interesting question; Did dinosaurs and humans coexist? There is some evidence that they might have. Maybe mainstream science is wrong and modern humans lived long before previously thought, it is possible.
I wonder sometimes if man didn't use dinosaurs as beasts of burden in the construction of megalithic structures. I'm just saying, questioning the establishment has proven to be a good thing in my life, science and otherwise. You don't need to be a religious nut or anything else to question it, but they sure would like to make it seem that way.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Did you know this is also mention in the bible of other Gods. Read Psalms 82. You will probably tell me that it is a metaphor for fallen angels or even men. Then in response I say how can you use metaphors to describe anything in the Bible and ignore the possibility that it is not an accurate enough historical reference to possibly get the age of the Earth wrong. Christians, I am with you, and I believe in God, but there are dozens denominations. If all of the Bible were Gods truth why wouldn't we all believe the same way. Drop the six thousand year old thing, its not correct.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
well Ive been told by my b in law who is a born again "crackhead" christian that the dinosaur bones that we found are the work of the devil to deceive us into thinking the world is older than it is. I truly think he believes this. It is very sad to to see intelligent people being deceive by the so called "Word of God"!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This guy saw Dinosaurs in Heaven when he went there:

Dr. Percy Collet prayed for 7 1/2 years to see heaven. He was a missionary to the Amazon jungle when God honored his request and took him to heaven for 5 and 1/2 days. Collett and 250 Indians and missionaries prayed for eight days to God to show them Heaven. On the 9th day everyone saw angels in the sky and on the 10th they were all "struck down by the glory of God". Then: "My soul came out of my body. Your soul is God's intelligence in you."

As my soul had left my body and my soul looked down at my own body, my guardian Angel, who had been with me for so many years, said to me: "We are going to take the Journey. I have not been in Heaven since you were born and at the time I appeared to you in Edgehill." My soul and the Angel stood there in expectation as everyone else was still lying on their backs under the power of THE LIVING GOD. We were the only ones standing.

An eight foot angel with a flaming sword took Percy's soul on a six hour journey through space to a great planet called Heaven. "It's over two trillion miles away. We passed two light years in one hour." After passing the sun at millions of miles a minute, we came to another sun and another solar system and planets all around it. Heaven is a real planet 80 times bigger than the earth and 2,000,000 miles around. LINK

Here are some links for anyone who wants to read about this:

YouTube Video (audio only meat & potatoes only - edited to 3 hours)

5 1/2 Days in Heaven..Part 1

5 1/2 Days in Heaven..Part 2

I walked in Heaven with Jesus (PDF only)

Percy Collett MP3s and Book

edit on 7-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

I don't know what Bible they got any of that from. Here is what is in my Bible says. Read and find out for yourself don't trust what men say, instead of what you can learn on your own.

20 Then God said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens."

21 God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind; and God saw that it was good.

22 God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth."

23 There was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.

24 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind"; and it was so.

25 God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

29 Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;

30 and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food"; and it was so.

31 God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

There is no evidence that dinosaurs and humans ever coexisted, and never will be....
2nd line

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

but, since humans where supposedly giants back then, its plausible.

This sentence... is utterly nuts. Do you seriously believe this??

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Christians base the 6000 year concept on their understanding of the Bible, as well as what theologians teach.

Many others base the millions of years concept on their understanding of science textbooks and articles, as well as what geologists and paleontologists teach.

none of us have been around long enough to prove either one.

seriously; just because Dr. Gizmo says this rock is radiotelemetry dated to 6-8 million years old...do we just take his word for it?
ALL this,on both sides, is theoretical. science is based on *observation*, and we have not been around long enough to observe the march of time. how far back do our written records go? carbon 14 and other dating methods are based on speculation measuing particle decay. how do we know the decay is constant? I've heard Christians suggest a 'pre-aged' universe. either way, it can't be *proven*.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Although I don't subscribe to current Christian creationism, I'm a huge fan of Dr. Carl Baugh, mainly because of his relaxing and soporific voice.

However, while de-stressing with Youtube clips of Dr. Baugh and a cup of valerian tea, I've learnt a few things on creationist views.

The dinosaurs survived the global flood (I suppose that means they were on the Ark), but their numbers seemingly decreased because of environmental changes and also in the earth's atmospheric pressure.

However, Dr. Baugh assures us that dinosaurs were all around us in historical times (with depictions of what could be interpreted as dinosaurs from various cultures, and also depictions of artistic myth that shows human clashing with "dragons" and big reptiles, thus implying humans reduced them further).

However Dr. Baugh also believes that dinosaurs are still all around us today, and for this they use cryptozoology on lake monsters, flying dinosaurs and accounts from various isolated jungles and oceans.

So nothing happened to some of them, they are happily thriving and hiding in isolated areas.

In fact, it was revealed last month that A.C.E. Christian textbooks teach that dinosaurs are alive, and that the Loch Ness Monster is not only proven, but destroys the theory of evolution:

One ACE textbook – Biology 1099, Accelerated Christian Education Inc – reads: "Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence. Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."

io9.com...

Dr. Carl Baugh aims to convince us that dinosaurs are not extinct, but we are indeed surrounded by dinosaurs!
From the series Creation in the 21st Century: Surrounded by Dinosaurs (Part 1 of 3):

edit on 7-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

There is no evidence that dinosaurs and humans ever coexisted, and never will be....
2nd line

Utter garbage. Science can't tell for sure, they can date skeletons but their estimates are so wide they usually just pick the one that fits their belief. If they really wanted, they could just as well pick a date when dinosaurs lived putting humans alongside dinosaurs. The current belief is that the two did not live together, and thus whenever evidence is found, it is adjusted to fit this belief. No equipment can exactly pinpoint when a human lived, they're wide ranged estimates, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The way my Christian acquaintances try and explain this to me is that God left fossils implanted in the rock to test their faith and beliefs.

If their faith is strong, they can "overcome" all the evidence which suggests that the Earth is over 4 billion years old and that Dinosaurs are 120-65 million years old or thereabouts.

If their faith is weak, they will find that they will buy into the science behind carbon dating and find their faith in religion is severely weakened.

What I found interesting is a recent poll that found out that there is a direct correllation between intelligence and religious belief, the more intelligent people are, the less likely they will believe in religion of any kind.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike
Get past the Christian aspect and the 6000 years and you're actually left with an interesting question; Did dinosaurs and humans coexist? There is some evidence that they might have. Maybe mainstream science is wrong and modern humans lived long before previously thought, it is possible.

I obviously do not subscribe to creationism, nor religion in general for that matter, but I will admit that I suspect modern man and dinosaurs did interact for a period. Whether that means that the dinosaurs lived further into history than previously thought or whether modern man is older than generally theorised, I do not know. I certainly don't think God has anything to do with it, I just think our current science hasn't found conclusive evidence for it yet.

I watched a documentary the other night regarding sightings of Pteradactyl type flying creatures in Indonesia. I find it very plausible that they could possibly have survived the mass extinctions, along with other examples such as Plesiosaurs.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

You have it wrong. Science bases it's assertions on facts, they don't just pull them out of their rear end like religion does.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It makes me wonder what percentage of Christians actually believe that the earth is only
a few thousand years old.

I would suppose that 150 years ago the "New Earth" belief was quite prevalent, but nowadays It seems
most Christians believe in a reasonable (to them at least) amalgam of science and religion.

There are lots of very devout Christians in my family circle and most believe the creation story
but also believe that the earth is billions of years old. Likewise, they believe in the Great Flood
tale and in Noah's Ark, but stop short of defending it as anything other than an allegorical tale.

....Sort of a like a 'Christianity Lite Version 2.0' nowadays....

Once we stop force feeding our children (at an early formative age) this nonsense, organized
religion will begin to falter...it is already happening.

I just hope that we can get enough communication vie the internet into the Islamic culture
so that this decline happens for that religion as well as Christianity. Organized religion is
dangerous enough when it is organized religion vs. organized religion, but I worry about
the danger posed if only one religion remained...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join