It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me Interpret This Scary Puzzling Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Note: I wasn't watching any TV this time so there were no outside influences. I need help interpreting this crazy dream I had last night.

It started with me back at my childhood home as an adult. I was warming up my car because I was going on a long drive. Next thing I know, I am in someone else's car. A man is driving and his wife is in the back seat. I see the long road ahead and get a bad feeling that we are going the wrong way or somewhere I don't want to go. I also remembered my car left idling and said "My CAR I have to go back" The man driving kept talking calm saying it would be fine, but his wife in the back seat looked very nervous. I kept getting more angry demanding to go back.

All of a sudden, the man and woman are out of the car in the middle of the street arguing. Then he tried to hit her. As a woman, I felt defensive and jumped out of the car to defend her and as I was running up to them, she started beating him up and was winning while he was trying to talk calm to her. Then , all of a sudden, she stopped and stood there . She became submissive towards the man bowing her head and letting him take her back to the car. I was like, "What the hell is going on here?" I run back to the car to get my cell phone and try to call home (My childhood home) to ask for my Mom.

My sister answered and told me that my Mom thought I was mad at her and I couldn't talk to her. I argued with my sister and tried to get her to let me talk to my mom. When my mom got on the phone I asked her to look outside and see if she sees my car. She said "No baby. I don't see no car out there". I freaked again and demanded to go home. The man and woman were starting to get back in the car and the man went back to speaking calmly to me and trying to get me to get back in the car. I got a real heavy sense of alarm and danger so I took off running towards the house, but the man stopped me and said that he would take me back. He then warned me that it wasn't finished yet.

I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I just wanted to get home. I was scared and confused and there were so many red flags going off with this couple. Next thing I know, the scene changed I was running through the front door of my childhood home. The house was gutted and there were men working on it fixing the walls and what not. I demanded to see my mom to see if she was okay I ran to her room and the room was also gutted. The only thing in there was the bed and some brand new bedding that had not been unpacked. Somehow I knew I purchased the bedding, but did not know why it was in my moms room let alone my childhood home.

I called out to my mom and felt her presence behind the bedroom door. I looked and there was a little can. An empty soda can. My mom was an empty soda can. I picked her up crying in horror and I said "Mama I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I am so sorry" I could see her face in the can. She smiled at me understandingly and I knew she forgave me for whatever I was apologizing for. I had no idea what it was. I then put her back down and tried to get out of that house. The man from the car was coming for me and the woman (his wife) was gone. I ran to the kitchen, opened the sliding glass door to the porch and was headed towards the back gate. The man was trying to grab me speaking all calm, his wife in the background appeared again ready to help him capture me.

When I finally broke through and got outside of the gate, I screamed for help. My neighbors came out of their houses and stood on their back porches. There were three men on three porches looking at me. They all started smiling and walking slowly towards me. The man in the middle started talking all calm to me just like the man from the car and I freaked out because I felt like they were all in on it. The calmer he talked ,to me, the harder it was for me to fight and run. I started feeling submissive even though I didn't want to. He kept saying "That's it. It's alright. Every things fine. It's okay. There now" Inside I was scared, but my actions were not.

I let him take my hand and as he started to lead towards where my car originally was at the beginning of the dream, he said. "We're going to have many children" I remembered that I could not have children and as if he knew that he pointed towards the ground and repeated it " Many many beautiful children" On the ground were rows and rows of tiny plants that looked like cabbage or lettuce. On the plants were lines upon lines of hundreds of thousands of tiny black spiders. I thought to myself, "What the hell is THIS about? "

Then I woke up.

So, can someone help me out here ? I know dreams are our sub conscience trying to help us solve problems in our waking life, but I don't get this one.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I am no expert dream interpreter but I am wondering...when you were very little...did someone try and kidnap you?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Nevermind. I figured it out.

I am afraid to get married. I don't want to be alone , but I don't want to get married. I don't want to submit to a man. I looked it up. I should have just looked it up in the beginning. It makes sense now.

Nevermind.

How do I delete ?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

No. I figured it out. The spiders represent my feminism. The couple represents marriage. I was afraid because I don't want to get married.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What may you be hiding...could be simple...the mother in a dream is always truth and forgiving

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Yep. I think I was apologizing to her for not getting married.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

No. I figured it out. The spiders represent my feminism. The couple represents marriage. I was afraid because I don't want to get married.

I am glad you figured your dream out and that you were not ever kidnapped. I really like to be wrong about things like that.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
I looked and there was a little can. An empty soda can. My mom was an empty soda can. I picked her up crying in horror and I said "Mama I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I am so sorry" I could see her face in the can. She smiled at me understandingly and I knew she forgave me for whatever I was apologizing for. I had no idea what it was. I then put her back down and tried to get out of that house.

I can't believe you just left your mom there all helpless and soda canny.

Just kidding.
As for your fear of marriage/submission to a man - there are a great many of us men out here who look at our marriages as an equal partnership. My wife will "submit" to me at times and I will "submit" to her at times. She stays at home to take care of the kids while I "bring home the bacon", but I still see the money as ours...well mostly hers.
Anyway, there's no need to fear marriage, just don't marry a guy who feels that men are superior or who needs you to obey him to stroke his ego or whatever. Really, there are plenty of us out there who want to share life with a soulmate rather than have an obediant wife. Personally I would find a wife who obeyed everything I said to be boring.

Additionally, while I believe that some dreams may be some subliminal portrayal of your fears or desires or even sometimes some sort of premonition, I think that most of the time dreams are simply just random things in your head that are stitched together to keep your brain busy while you are asleep and don't really mean anything.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yeah no. I was never kidnapped or anything like that. But when I searched the dream website I go to and checked for spiders, car , forgotten or left car , couple , marriage , it all kept pointing to my fear of being married and the whole thing with submission. The road that we were traveling on was something I did not want. I'm thinking that's it. That's why I was scared. I don't want to be in the passenger seat. I want to be the driver.

It was just clicking the more I searched.
edit on 6-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Oh I know there are good men out there. My sisters are married to some. Some of them are anyway. I think I just have a fear of living with another person for the rest of my life and being submissive to him.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
What may you be hiding...could be simple...the mother in a dream is always truth and forgiving

In the world of symbolic imagery nothing is always the same thing, it really depends on the dreamers perception of "mother".

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Maybe this will help. It is from this website. www.dreammoods.com...

Spiders

To see a spider in your dream indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or perhaps you want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power or an overbearing mother figure in your life. Alternatively, a spider refers to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider in your dream, then it symbolizes misfortune and bad luck.

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will be promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. Spiders are also a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you. Alternatively, if a spider is spinning a web in your dream, then it could be a metaphor for the world wide web and global communication.

To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream denotes that your desires will be soon be realized.

To see spider eggs in a web suggest that you are not able to fully acknowledge your potential. You are being held back from expressing yourself.

To dream that you are bitten by a spider represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship.

To eat a spider or dream that a spider is in your mouth symbolizes your control over a situation. You are not afraid to exert your dominance in a relationship.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

That's the website I went to.

Thanks for confirming.

new topics

top topics

join