It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left Celebrates the 4th of July by Slamming America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

He IS descended from slaves.

More one liners?

Who cares if he is descended from slaves? That doesn’t make his comments on 4th of July any less offensive.

HEY CHRIS!! Pick another damned day, dude! Hell, buy a day….you’ve made enough money in AMERICA!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
While he and others have their freedom of speech (provided by the Founding Fathers, BTW), they don't seem to mind using it to show how ignorant, and frankly worthless, they are. It's so terrible? Go enjoy some starvation and disease in Africa, pal.

Right on!

It’s not just Chris Rock…other Hollywood libs mouthed off too. What’s disgusting (besides the fact that they feel that way about a country that’s been damn good to them) is that they are inciting their fans to share the same hatred of America. How disgraceful!! People in a position like that should act like role models……GOOD role models.

Oh well, they can hate all they want. I’ll add Chris ‘crack’ Rock to my list of Hollywood bozo’s I boycott.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Does anyone have a Twitter?????

It would be awesome to see what Chris Rock thinks of this thread..

twitter.com...#!/chrisrock

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I wonder if hes aware that there were over 5,000 free black men that fought in the Revolution..
I love how people dont do their research

He wants to get on a soap box, but then people make statements like he does, and insults the memory and sacrifice of his ancestors in doing so.......all while trying to champion the cause of African Americans......

Disgraceful and ignorant
edit on 5-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
and what does this have to do with "the left" ?

how did "the right" celebrate ?

did they fire the maid ?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
To OP.

If US do not want to be hated like the bully you are percieved as in other countries then maybe you should change your ways. It is not that you have freedom that everybody hates. It is that your freedom is payed by other peoples slavery and death in other countries. Economic slavery under a system that you manipulate and use is still slavery.

And then we are not even talking about the link between CIA and Drugs. Some of the people might still hold the high ideals in US but that mean nothing when your combined actions speak louder than your words. Come on now you/CIA are giving support to islamic fundamentalist in Libya, Egypt and Syria. Insanety. First you help Al Quida against Soviet and teach them to be terrorists. Then you have 911 and go after Al Quida that have turned rabbid. And now you are helping them again.

You might not be personaly responsible but the poleticians you are elected thru the years are. The whole problem with banking that is a problem in the EU is because your stupid poleticians are not throwing the traitors/thieves in wall street in jail. Because that is what they are traitors and thieves.

Once I wanted to go to America and live there. Now I sometimes think if US dissapeared tommorow I would probably would be very happy. It is not that I want you dead or suffering. I just want the problems you create all over the world by your stupedity to be gone. US are as a whole an insane bully who only think of yourself.

This post is about US as a whole and is not meant to judge individuals more than their share in the problem US causes by their vote.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
and what does this have to do with "the left" ?

how did "the right" celebrate ?

did they fire the maid ?

now, now...this thread is about wrapping yourself in the flag, and busting on every liberal, because as ALL republicans know, that's what every liberal is like...don't think so?...you need to start listening to limbaugh and watching FOX NEWS

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

now, now...this thread is about wrapping yourself in the flag, and busting on every liberal, because as ALL republicans know, that's what every liberal is like...

I did make a broad generalization....a fairly accurate one too.

don't think so?...you need to start listening to limbaugh and watching FOX NEWS

The country WOULD be better off if everyone tuned in to Rush!

Look, people who go to sleep in silk boxers should be more appreciative of the opportunities they've been afforded by this country. Hell, at least pick another day to run your hole besides the 4th. 

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

yes, and every step of the way he was probably reminded of how black he was.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbeit

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Criticizing America doesn't make one an "American hater." It merely means that someone is quite possibly not a nationalist or a sheep.

Or it could quite simply mean they are jealous of our freedom which they do not have.

Nobody is jealous of you, mark my words. When like me, you live in a country where you don't have to mortgage your home to see a doctor, where you have more than two political parties to vote for, when your media is not completely biased and slanted, when the president is the man who wins on merit and not how much money he has to spend, come talk to me about freedom. From here, your country looks like one of the most oppressed, controlled, manipulated societies on earth.

Oh, worth pointing out that ACTA and other net spying laws were thrown out here today, so I give it about 6 months before they are enforced in the US.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Arbeit because: (no reason given)

Yeep USA really have learned how to create a police state. I am just waiting for when the Gestapo ohh I mean homeland security will start their arrest and put the people who have the wrong ideas in concetration camp ohh I mean FEMA CAMPS.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

They were only given freedom if they fought in the Revolution.

they were not volunteers. Even then, the revolution only did this petition because they were desperate for forces.
Then they were never given it....

SURVEY SAYS: XXX

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
Stupid people fall for the left/right dialectic. They have been programmed to shut down and refuse to consider certain ugly truths. Will people ever escape the divide and conquer? No. They will continue to defend the side they have been programmed to be loyal to and slam the other side. They refuse to see that their side is virtually identical to the other side in its actions and especially the outcomes: debt, war, demoralization of the populace and general downward spiral.

Amen brother. I was taught to be proud of alot of things I now know were propoganda. We were all taught these lies growing up. It turns out I was a sheep blindly following a system of greed, hate and corruption. On the 4th of July I did not celebrate. Instead I reflected on how messed up the world is. Still I hold out hope that we'll get things straightened out.... Somehow.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I did make a broad generalization....a fairly accurate one too.

If by accurate you mean laced with hyperbole and gross over exaggeration. Then yes, you were absolutely accurate. I'll be honest with you, this is what I have seen from you so far. People using their first amendment rights to say things I don't like? Blasphemy, how dare you bash a country that gives you the right to do so!

I say, why not? It is a right given to me by this country. Were some of those people actually bashing America? Yes, yes they were. Does that automatically make them Liberals? No, it does not. A lot of people are unhappy with the road America is going down. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that does not just include people who identify themselves as Liberals.

don't think so?...you need to start listening to limbaugh and watching FOX NEWS

Look, people who go to sleep in silk boxers should be more appreciative of the opportunities they've been afforded by this country. Hell, at least pick another day to run your hole besides the 4th. 

Once again, you seemed to miss the point about the statement Chris Rock made. I suppose the irony went over your head. If it makes you feel any better, he is a comedian. Comedians say things that will offend certain people. If you feel offended, it means he is doing his job. I suggest you try getting a thicker skin. Also, you make me think you might be a comedian when you say everyone should tune into Rush. I'd frankly rather rush into an incoming train, but to each their own.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by seabag

1st Amendment, Brother...

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

100% agree

thats what makes america great we can say what we want when we want

it doesnt matter if anyone agrees

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Maybe you should look at the person I was replying to and what they said before responding. Which was this;

oh please, show me his family tree showing he has a direct line to someone that was a slave. just cuz hes black doesnt mean a thing these days. couldve come over after the fact.

It’s not just Chris Rock…other Hollywood libs mouthed off too.

Chris Rock is NOT a liberal. Stop spreading dis-info.

I think you're just upset that your left wing bashing (even though you had no clue of their political stance) thread didn't go as planned. The majority of people disagree with you.... maybe you should ponder if you're wrong.

^need I say more

edit on 5-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

They were only given freedom if they fought in the Revolution.

they were not volunteers. Even then, the revolution only did this petition because they were desperate for forces.
Then they were never given it....

SURVEY SAYS: XXX

IT was voluntary to do so, are you going to lessen their sacrifice because they were given the option?

Not only that , there were FREE blacks that served..........that means they were freed before any conflict and chose to do so w out having a dog in the fight other then the freedom of the country....

There were all black voluntary units formed by free black men to fight on the side of the Revolutionairies

Survey Says: Do your research
edit on 5-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Offensive to whom? And since when is it a crime to be offensive? Should we not discuss the racism that DOES continue in America today, despite the anniversary of our freedom? Should we discuss the fact that we were able to win the right to be our own country, and yet we still fight amongst ourselves as though the Yankees and Confederates were still at war? Should we discuss the murders and rapes that still happen, even though we are a free nation? Should we discuss the entire laundry list of issues that would have a dozen other nations stepping in if they were anything like us?

Yes, we are free. But yes, we also have a lot to work on. Chris Rock made his comment because though we celebrate our success all those years ago, we can't forget how we got to where we are today. And that means the mistakes as well as the successes. Don't like it? Don't listen to him.

And if you still wanna complain, let me point out something that is very much tied into our independence...our Declaration of Independence, to be precise: the 1st Amendment, freedom of speech. You don't have the right to tell someone they should shut up when they mention the days of slavery; that's an insult to every slave who ever died trying to be free, and Chris Rock has the right to remember those people. That's like me telling a Native American to shut up on Thanksgiving when they mention the thousands who died as a result of our arrival .

It's hilarious, really, how you come on here and talk all about how "they oppress us" and "they want to silence us" and "they want to turn us into sheeple" but when someone mentions a darker part of our past, you immediately throw a fit. Double standard much? If you can talk about what's wrong with this nation, Chris Rock can talk about what used to be wrong with this nation...traces of it can still be seen today in the racist sects. Seriously, that you would even dare to tell ANYONE to shut up about slavery...

Give us all a break. That goes for the rest of you "patriots" as well. I'm tired of this crap, it's childish and petulant. Be proud of our past, don't try to hide it. We had to fight to get to where we are today, blacks and whites and every other ethnicity alike. Don't use the 4th of July as an excuse to argue over what we're allowed to talk about. It's a sacred tradition in our country, and you want to disrespect it like that? Look at the irony here. Shame on you.

edit on 5-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
"The Left Celebrates the 4th of July by Slamming America"

Way to parrot media ignorance of lame cliches & vague catch word fodder.. to simplify complex issues for simple minds.

There is no "left..or "right", just people. And how does one slam 350+ million unique individuals that make up "America"?

Lets say there was a group of card carrying folks calling themselves "The left".. Chris Rock is only 1 guy, was he elected spokesmen? he authorized to issue official statements on behalf of this fictional "left"?

Do the "right", "up", and "down" folks have spokespeople too?, who?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbeit

If you did some research you would be surprised what other countries do to their own people. No one is better than the next!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Patriotism? Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join