It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do the people you know feel about 911

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
We had a couple start talking to us one night about how 9/11 was an inside job. I asked them why they thought that and they started going into the common mistruths about it. I proceeded to show them where they could find the answers and left them to make their own conclusions. Next time we saw them, the husband made a comment about how dumb he had been to get taken in by the "truth" movement without checking things out.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So it turns out, if you ask around, not a whole lot of people believe the official conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
No we dont. We surround each other with work colleagues, family and friends we happen to encounter in life. On the internet, yes, on boards like this, thats why I wanted to crosscheck ppls real life experiences.

I guess I don't talk about 9/11 with random other people I know. The people I hang out with when I'm not taking classes all seem to think the same way as me, though some of them call me ridiculous for arguing with "crazy people on the internet." I wonder why I do it, too. It's not like I ever get anywhere. I think I always hope that I'm not just seeing things differently, and that someone will actually convince me with some hard evidence.

Originally posted by psyop911
maybe you pissed her off with your shilling, shill? i mean, it is just an idea... don't get pissy, aight? lol.

Well, jeez. That wasn't really necessary. I'm sure you're joking, but other people are going to take you seriously.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Varemia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Dp removed
edit on 4-7-2012 by vipertech0596 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I get fearful reaction most usually. And, like Bill Maher said, half of the folks just doesn´t care.
Then there is some who dissed it first but seemingly got a hunch, and now are shyly trying to come back to conversation in their own terms. I have no hurry.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
Most people I know don't believe the official conspiracy theory. But once in while I meet people that never actually cared about what happened and if the issue is brought up I tell them what the official story is and that's all it usually takes for people to realize how stupid the 9/11 Commission Report is. People believe the OS because they don't know what the OS is.

Again demonstrating your "balance" here maxella. Of course, you've not made up your mind yet! (If any fool would like to believe that)

So, please tell us 'What the OS is'. I frankly doubt you tell anyone a remotely accurate story, and I'd be intrigued to know how you've presented the situation in an unbiased way to people around you.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Originally posted by maxella1
Most people I know don't believe the official conspiracy theory. But once in while I meet people that never actually cared about what happened and if the issue is brought up I tell them what the official story is and that's all it usually takes for people to realize how stupid the 9/11 Commission Report is. People believe the OS because they don't know what the OS is.

Again demonstrating your "balance" here maxella. Of course, you've not made up your mind yet! (If any fool would like to believe that)

So, please tell us 'What the OS is'. I frankly doubt you tell anyone a remotely accurate story, and I'd be intrigued to know how you've presented the situation in an unbiased way to people around you.

Do you want me to tell you whats in the 9/11 Commission report?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
We had a couple start talking to us one night about how 9/11 was an inside job. I asked them why they thought that and they started going into the common mistruths about it. I proceeded to show them where they could find the answers and left them to make their own conclusions. Next time we saw them, the husband made a comment about how dumb he had been to get taken in by the "truth" movement without checking things out.

You just gave them your version of 9/11, did you tell them to go and research every shred of information and come to their own conclusions?

What were these 'mistruths' you force fed them?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There are mixed views amongst people I know, some do believe it was an inside job, and some have not given it much thought, and only go off what they were presented by the mainstream media.

I've showed a couple of those that only know the media version of 9/11 some of the less believable elements of the OS, like the pentagon hole, the pentagon CCTV, WTC7 amaongst other things, and they were immediately shocked.

I deliberately showed the collpase of WTC7 without giving any prior info as to where it was, and I asked them what can they see. Every one of them said demolition. Then when I explained to them where it was, they were shocked, and were suprised they never saw it on TV at any time since, or even on the day in the news. It was in the news that day but they must have missed it, and sure has been out of the news since.

These people are well educated and of good intelligence, and I told them to do a bit of their own research, and they all now disbelieve the OS. If people are actually shown the correct evidence, and presented with the correct evidence then they can make a better judgement on what really happened. If the presentation of evidence is left to the mainstream media alone, then it's easy to see why people will not know any better without further investigation.

These people have never even been interested in conspiracies, but they are intelligent enough to weigh things up and conclude that the OS is full of lies.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegameisup

You just gave them your version of 9/11, did you tell them to go and research every shred of information and come to their own conclusions?

I don't know about vipertech, but when the subject comes up, I tell people what the conspiracy theorists are saying on this site, and what I'm trying to convince them of.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I think we surround ourselves with like-minded people, so my friends are all dumbfounded by the arguments people on this site give. I've even on a couple occasions shown people what I'm looking at on the site, and they wondered if some of the people here are mentally challenged.

The difference between my friends and me is that they think I'm crazy for continuing to argue, and I always tell them the same thing. I'm hoping that one day a conspiracy theorist will actually have a solid argument. I don't like to be hated by a large number of people. I'm just trying to reconcile the facts. When a guy is saying one thing, and I know for a FACT that he is being misleading or is downright wrong, I'm going to speak up and tell what I have learned over the last few years of research.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thegameisup

Did you by chance omit the fact that WTC 7 was damaged and on fire for 7 hours? That firefighters had set up a collapse perimeter and a transit, noticing bulging and leaning of the structure?

I find that usually turns on a lightbulb in peoples' heads. They say, "oh, I didn't know that." Deception is what the conspiracy requires to continue being proliferated among the ignorant.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Did you by chance omit the fact that WTC 7 was damaged and on fire for 7 hours? That firefighters had set up a collapse perimeter and a transit, noticing bulging and leaning of the structure?

I find that usually turns on a lightbulb in peoples' heads. They say, "oh, I didn't know that." Deception is what the conspiracy requires to continue being proliferated among the ignorant.

I think the firefighters were just noticing how all of the support beams were going to fail simutaneously, correct?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

I think the firefighters were just noticing how all of the support beams were going to fail simutaneously, correct?

That's a lie, but whatever. You're apparently never even going to accept that the firefighters cleared the area because they knew the building would collapse. I guess they were doing that for nothing, since they secretly thought the building was going to come down in some specific way like you do?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That's a lie, but whatever. You're apparently never even going to accept that the firefighters cleared the area because they knew the building would collapse. I guess they were doing that for nothing, since they secretly thought the building was going to come down in some specific way like you do?

One thing I trust over any skeptic or believer is science, it doesn't lie. If you can show me scientific evidence that a building can fall against the path of most resistance, or that the beams didn't fail simutaneously, then I'm listening. Otherwise, all I can here is science.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegameisup

I don't know about vipertech, but when the subject comes up, I tell people what the conspiracy theorists are saying on this site, and what I'm trying to convince them of.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I think we surround ourselves with like-minded people, so my friends are all dumbfounded by the arguments people on this site give. I've even on a couple occasions shown people what I'm looking at on the site, and they wondered if some of the people here are mentally challenged.

The difference between my friends and me is that they think I'm crazy for continuing to argue, and I always tell them the same thing. I'm hoping that one day a conspiracy theorist will actually have a solid argument. I don't like to be hated by a large number of people. I'm just trying to reconcile the facts. When a guy is saying one thing, and I know for a FACT that he is being misleading or is downright wrong, I'm going to speak up and tell what I have learned over the last few years of research.

Why would you feel you need to convince people?

Maybe your friends are mentally challenged themselves? So you like arguing with people do you. Seems a wacky way to live your life. Many people have plenty of solid arguments, but it would appear you do not care for real evidence, only fudged reports, and media propaganda.

Each to their own I guess. Your 'research' is a TV story, and we are here to disect the lies pumped out by the media and the dubious official reports. Looks like you'll be arguing on the internet for a long time yet. People know they have been lied to, and they will continue to disect the OS lies for many more years I expect.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I told them to go and resaerch for themselves, and they have since been active in doing their own research. They, like me are aware the fires were not that severe, and they, like me, are aware that many other buildings around the world have burnt for much longer, suffered much more fire damage, and have still not collapsed.

They also are aware that no other office building constructed with a steel frame has ever collapsed from fire, and they have also come to the conclusion that NIST claiming WTC7 collapsed from fire cannot be correct.

Oh, lighbulbs sure went off, so did alarm bells start ringing! After their own research, they now have come to the conclusion that they were lied to. Time to wake up Varemia!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
About two years ago 80% of my friends believed the official story.
Out of the ones who have actually looked into it since I told them of what my thoughts were, I'd say All of them feel that we've been lied to and that regarding the official story, we were never given any real proof of who carried it out, how it was carried out and why no-one was held accountable for the lack of defence by the most powerful force on the planet.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Why are you still trying to convince people that the firefighters expected the building to completely collapse when you know that it's not true?

What happened to WTC 7 was not what they thought would happen. You act like you know what a transit is but you don't say that it only able to measure a certain area where it is pointed at. WTC 7 was a very large building and it collapsed as one unit which is not possible. I know.... the penthouse collapsed six seconds before the rest of the building did.... Still not possible.

Now show a single firefighter who was on scene and knew that the whole building was going to completely destroy itself. I cannot find anybody except you "debunkers" who is claiming that what happened to WTC 7 was anticipated.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I have researched this for years.about everyone in my corner of the world rejects the official version of the tragedy as pure garbage, as far as firefighters setting up a collapse perimeter and a transit and noticing bulging and leaning of the structure, Really? I would love to see a link on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join