It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida linked fighters destroy 'end of the world' gate in Timbuktu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by michaelbrux

Sufism was the one form of Islam I was most attracted to.

Of course the fundamentalist are after the ones who are of the mystic traditions. You shall not understand god better than everyone else and not understands before the most unwise beliver understands the lesson. Especially if the most unwise is a bully that will not understand anything in this life. Fundamentalist are just brainwashed bullies who likes to have everything static/simple and not evolve at all. From my point of view counter what god is really about. Sometimes I wonder if god is not playing a game with ous where he is trying to get the christians/buddhist and islamist moderates so feed ut with the stupidety so we take up arms and wipe islamist fundamentalists out so that the planet can evolve more peacefully.

Manmade religons are just that manmade and should be questioned as it, and never seen as the whole thruth.
edit on 3-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashertron
Why would Islamists destroy a mosque you ask?

Easy answer: They wouldn't.

Those weren't real Islamists...

They do it all the time. Where have you been the last 10 years?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

al-Qaida-linked

what a joke..

such lies...

and propaganda

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

And why would islamists desecrate a mosque?

They're islamists. Doesn't that say it all? On a sliding scale of 0 to 10, Stupidity 11, grey matter 0. Matches up ith the catholic priests in South America when they destroyed their culture or the muslims at Alexandria and the christians at Alexandria. Hey, notice a common theme here? Religious idiots.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
slightly off topic... Did you notice the quality of that mounted gun pictured in the news article?
I'd appreciate a member with weapons knowledge to explain that.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
....What the hell? Is this true? Or are these Islamists just linked? I'm a muslim and I know a thing or two about the hell gates thing. It's linked to Gog and Magog, where they will rise if the gates were opened. If it's really some extreme islamists, are they flipping idiots?! We're not supposed to open them ffs.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

The same reason they destroy other muslims. They are brainless morons with nothing else to live for. They destroy what they don't understand. It was probably very beautiful, they hate beauty. All they like is ugliness.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by micmerci

some believe it is the last day before Judgment Day, which is definitely Sunday.

the great thing about it is that it has nothing at all to do with religion...its just going to be the end of the war.

Your attempts at Yoda like knowledge are failing. If you have something to say just #ing say it.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

What about those of us who think any religion is inherently idiotic?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by w3thepatient

I noticed that too. Looks like a brand new machine gun. Would be interesting to know where they get the funds, and where they can spend these funds to buy such weapons.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
The 2012 angle aside, I just do hope this will be a clue to all people not to let any religious extremism rule or run anything that has to do with government.
I hope the people who run the mosque will be able to rebuild, and those responsible caught and punished.

I dunno, Im starting to think that the government is just as bad if not worse

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
How long has that temple been closed?

I'll bet the "legend" says last days, not last day. Prophecies don't specify a given day (except on the inter web). Every religion regardless of origins or sect has its own. All yall that hate on Islam are mostly christian is my guess. Doesn't your own "legend" hold that religion is corrupt? Didn't Jesus challenge the church in his day, rebuking the clergy and trashing them? Did he not say, "See this temple? No stone shall be unturned."

Are not all the worlds organized religions corrupt? Mere shells of their former selves? So what is the problem?

I hope its true. Our world, not "the" world is thru. Isn't' that what everyone on ATS is hoping for?

Bravo ! a Brilliant post. Thank you for having the vision to see past all of the present day lies and propaganda and post the ancient prophetic words of " Jesus " and BTW - Everyone world wide can still see the ongoing fulfillment of the prophecies that where spoken by him.

I think the words to an old song sung by Bob Dylan are appropriate here. I'm sure many will see the connection..
For those who are seeing the words to this song for the first time and have never heard of it - Enjoy !

Changing Of The Guards by Bob Dylan

Sixteen years
Sixteen banners united over the field
Where the good shepherd grieves
Desperate men, desperate women divided
Spreading their wings ’neath the falling leaves

Fortune calls
I stepped forth from the shadows, to the marketplace
Merchants and thieves, hungry for power, my last deal gone down
She’s smelling sweet like the meadows where she was born
On midsummer’s eve, near the tower

The cold-blooded moon
The captain waits above the celebration
Sending his thoughts to a beloved maid
Whose ebony face is beyond communication
The captain is down but still believing that his love will be repaid

They shaved her head
She was torn between Jupiter and Apollo
A messenger arrived with a black nightingale
I seen her on the stairs and I couldn’t help but follow
Follow her down past the fountain where they lifted her veil

I stumbled to my feet
I rode past destruction in the ditches
With the stitches still mending ’neath a heart-shaped tattoo
Renegade priests and treacherous young witches
Were handing out the flowers that I’d given to you

The palace of mirrors
Where dog soldiers are reflected
The endless road and the wailing of chimes
The empty rooms where her memory is protected
Where the angels’ voices whisper to the souls of previous times

She wakes him up
Forty-eight hours later, the sun is breaking
Near broken chains, mountain laurel and rolling rocks
She’s begging to know what measures he now will be taking
He’s pulling her down and she’s clutching on to his long golden locks

Gentlemen, he said
I don’t need your organization, I’ve shined your shoes
I’ve moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards

Peace will come
With tranquillity and splendor on the wheels of fire
But will bring us no reward when her false idols fall
And cruel death surrenders with its pale ghost retreating
Between the King and the Queen of Swords

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
the so-called Islamists always speak of the Law...in every case something is reported concerning them it involves the Law...in their case, something called sharia...this means nothing here and even in their world it is a fragmented concept that will eventually lead to never ending war among themselves and others. but that's their choice.

ultimately, the Declaration of Independence is a divorce document and the Constitution is a marriage agreement and birth certificate.

what you are watching in Timbuktu are the details of why someone will get a divorce and probably very soon.

its obvious that Ansar Dine will not survive the consequences of their actions. in short, the people of Timbuktu will soon issue their own Declaration of Independence...i felt it was consequential that the article pointed out that the women of that town were distraught in the extreme at what they were made to watch with the destruction of the gate.

destruction of the Gate may in fact be symbolize a divorce agreement.

Thank you for a Brilliant explanation of the whole ancient story and current situation going on now in Timbuktu.
Like most people, I've always heard about Timbktu, but never really knew it's history, what the people believed, or what went on in that remote area of the world.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

And why would islamists desecrate a mosque?

Because Al Qaeda is just another front of the CIA used as a diversion. This is just another of many False Flag incidents that are going on to divert people's attention away from other issues.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by michaelbrux

What is significant about July 7?

Several warlike Muslim things happened on that day. One of the latest was the London bombings.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

oh, stargate terrorists? figures.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's sad seeing so much history destroyed, and for what a strict minority view of Islam. I just don't see why any brand of religion would dictate the destruction of history. Hopefully Mali's neighbors will get some troops in there and put a stop to this madness.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

It is a metaphysical belief that life follows cycles, and 7 year cycles specifically.

2005 + 7 - 2012.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Isian't it funny how 18 different religions have 18 different beliefs (figure of speech) for each of those religions,just one of the reasons these people kill each other on a regular bases and yet religious people don't understand why some people have a hard time ............believing.

I'm sure who or what ever brought forth the bible had good intensions to make humans "better" for lack of a better word but missed the way humans bastardize everything to meet there own needs and or agenda..........knew a lot about how to sell god but nothing about human nature.

Just an observation.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by w3thepatient
slightly off topic... Did you notice the quality of that mounted gun pictured in the news article?
I'd appreciate a member with weapons knowledge to explain that.

Nothing fancy- just looks like a newish ZPU-1. Russian 14.5mm anti aircraft machine gun. Thousands of them in Africa, often mounted in the back of pick-ups (see the Lybian conflict). Wouldnt like to guess what they cost, but its a real 'bread and butter' job often used by insurgents and militia, so cant be that expensive.

If you are interested, heres a link:
www.militaryfactory.com...
edit on 4-7-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

Back to the topic- saw this on the news last night night and was sickened. How any religion can justify the destruction of ancient artifacts is beyond me.

edit on 4-7-2012 by Thunda because: Added link

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join