It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this one of Saddam's mobile bio-weapons labs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Rumsfeld probably sold that trailer to Iraq in the first place.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
One question I have is why would a dictator, who has the entire country, the entire economy, and the life or death of every single citizen under his control, need to put a biological weapons facilty on the back of a truck? Are we talking about the same guy who built multi-layered fortress bunkers under the Presidential Palace?

If he wanted to, he could have built an underground facility that would be quite safe from prying satellite eyes. If he ever watched a Bond film, he could have even built it in a warehouse and painted bio-agent-carrying trucks with milk company logos or something. Ridiculous, I know. But this boogey-truck is trucking hilarious!

Sorry, but this just reeks of spin. It's a fantastic excuse for the missing WMDs. "Ohhhhhhh, so THAT'S why we couldn't find them. The sneaky buggers put all of their WMD facilities into trucks and drove them around the country just in case someone decided to invade and tried to claim they had WMDs. Well, I'll be damned!!" *slaps forehead*

If you like spin, here's some for ya. Remember the phosphate factories that the coalition was so sure Saddam was using to conceal bio and chemical or nuclear weapons production?
Link.

From the link
Aerial photos over al Qaim in northwestern Iraq have revealed a cluster of long, hangar-like structures with large steel doors some 12-14 meters high and 15-20 meters wide, the size of sheds housing heavy fire trucks. In frequent passes overhead, spy satellites and reconnaissance aircraft have picked up surface indications of the hidden presence of nuclear, chemical or biological materials. They have not ruled out al Hussein surface to surface missiles being held ready there to deliver unconventional warheads. Some of the Scuds fired against Israel in 1991 were launched here. Signs of chemical emissions have been detected in the deep canyons riddling the Al Qaim region, most of them concealed from overhead view by overhanging cliffs. More impenetrable hiding places are to be found along the Euphrates river banks, which are densely overgrown thanks to the rapids splashing down from the mountains.

Coalition forces have refrained from going straight in to Al Qaim to establish once and for all what weapons are hidden there for several reasons. Its installations are the most heavily guarded in Iraq � more even than Saddam Hussein�s own bunker fortresses in Tikrit. The brigade of especially trained, crack Special Republican Guards loyalists guarding al Qaim have proved impervious to tempting coalition offers to surrender, preferring to defend the site with their lives. The coalition command has tried limited air and ground assault, including even what is termed �unconventional warfare direct-action missions�, but until this weekend made little progress.

Unlike other parts of Iraq, where resistance quickly melted away, the defenders of al Qaim have put up a professional, tenacious and dedicated fight. Military sources told DEBKAfile that had coalition forces confronted this quality of combat in the rest of Iraq, they would still be pinned down at Nasiriya in the south after three weeks of fighting.

Convincing stuff, eh? "...trained, crack...loyalists" laying down their lives to keep us out of Saddam's skeleton closet.

Now go back and read it again, especially the juicy bold bits, keeping in mind that they found NOTHING at these phosphate factories, except cement, sulphur, and...you guessed it, Phosphate. Feel duped yet?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
after 18 months this has appeared in Iraq?

it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant.

it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant, it's a plant.

(repeat to fade)

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Merc,

Thanks for interjecting such pertinent information to the thread. While you may not be interested in the topic, there are some of us who are. Please take your ingenious one liners somewhere else.

TKainzero and Chaosica,

The trailer was found shortly after the initial invasion. We just happen to be talking about it now, because of a recent article the brought it back up. Try to keep up.

-Cypher

[edit on 17-12-2004 by Cypher]

[edit on 17-12-2004 by Cypher]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
wecomeinpiece

Those sure are pretty pictures. However, your link to a debkafile.com article and the discussion thereof, in no way indicates that the evidence of Mobile labs is �spin� FYI: The debkafile is a pro-Israeli news site that has ties to, and employees some former, Mossad agents, and while they do occasionally have some very insightful analysis on Middle East they are in no way, shape or form spokespeople for the US or the coalition. Further, the Iraqi�s did indeed declare the Al-Qaim site and even let UN weapons inspectors into the site 3 times since 2002. Thus one must assume that if the site was used for WMD production the evidence had been removed long ago.

Second, the supposition is that if Saddam didn�t have WMDs then he at least wanted to retain the capability to rapidly re-start production of the banned weapons. The idea that he would create mobile production trucks is perfectly in line with that assessment.

And one last item, biological weapons degrade fairly rapidly. Thus it is very desirable to be able to produce them at the site where they are to be placed into the munitions. The truck as configured would have allowed for bio-agents to be produced on site, and then immediately placed into artillery shells, missles etc. A fixed site cannot be moved with fluid battle lines, and despite your assertion CANNOT be hidden from satellites.

These reasons and the ones I gave before ALL point to the assertion that this trailer was almost assuredly originally intended for bio-weapons production. Although once again that DOESN�T mean that it was ever used.

-Cypher

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cypher

To say that these trucks don�t indicate a mobile weapons capability doesn�t take into account all of the other evidence presented.

Many of those sources later denied that those sources where true and that they where false.

The fact is that the intelligence that Colin Powell presented to the U.N. was gained from multiple sources, including an Iraqi defector who told them outright that the trucks were mobile bio-weapons production facilities. Later when the US and allies invaded Iraq, they did indeed find trucks that were configured almost exactly as their source had informed them they were.

Many of those sources where from refugees not from any credible sources.

Again, the former Iraqi government, the same government who lied time and after time about their WMD capabilities and missile technologies after the 1991 Gulf War, stated that the trucks were used to generate hydrogen for artillery weather balloons. However, as I showed in a previous post, commercial grade transportable Hydrogen production units are commercially available, and are much more efficient. There would have been no need for Iraq to produce their own

The military does not always go for the economicaly cheaper option , take the SA80 i mean we spend money on it and its still crap yet we for the same price could have baught the G36.

in 2002, and was of such a nature that the Iraqi�s were required to report it to the UN under the Security Council Resolutions. It was not. If it was not intended for bio-weapons manufacturing, what reason would the Iraqi�s have for denying its existence?

Do you always tell the person at the counter in a store that they have overchanged you?
The reason they hid it in my opinion is that it gave them a weapon they could use against any one that hurt them.

Although the amount of circumstantial evidence indicates that Saddam intended on at least keeping his ability to make them at a later date. Now whether or not that justifies the invasion�well that debate is for another time and another thread.

Note the key word circumstantial here , no solid proof only coincidences.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cypher
Those sure are pretty pictures. However, your link to a debkafile.com article and the discussion thereof, in no way indicates that the evidence of Mobile labs is �spin�.
I never said that one proves the other. My point is that the entire invasion is one big spin-fest.

The debkafile is a pro-Israeli news site that has ties to, and employees some former, Mossad agents, and while they do occasionally have some very insightful analysis on Middle East they are in no way, shape or form spokespeople for the US or the coalition.
I disagree. Israeli spin and US spin is pretty much the same.

Further, the Iraqi�s did indeed declare the Al-Qaim site and even let UN weapons inspectors into the site 3 times since 2002. Thus one must assume that if the site was used for WMD production the evidence had been removed long ago.
Oooo...that's convenient. I wonder where they went, those slippery WMDs?

Second, the supposition is that if Saddam didn't have WMDs then he at least wanted to retain the capability to rapidly re-start production of the banned weapons. The idea that he would create mobile production trucks is perfectly in line with that assessment.
How could you "restart production" if you "didn't have WMDs" in the first place??

And one last item, biological weapons degrade fairly rapidly. Thus it is very desirable to be able to produce them at the site where they are to be placed into the munitions. The truck as configured would have allowed for bio-agents to be produced on site, and then immediately placed into artillery shells, missiles etc. A fixed site cannot be moved with fluid battle lines, and despite your assertion CANNOT be hidden from satellites.
I wasn't aware of this technical issue regarding the degradation factor, so thank you. But please explain how an underground facility with the agents also placed in munitions on-site could be seen by a satellite.

These reasons and the ones I gave before ALL point to the assertion that this trailer was almost assuredly originally intended for bio-weapons production.

The only argument that I have seen to support that it may have been designed for bio-weapons manufacture is your point above regarding on-site munitions production. Other than that, it seems to have been debunked nicely. That being said, this truck, even going out on a limb and assuming it WAS producing bio-weapon agents, does not by a long stretch constitute the massive security threat and imminent doom that was SPUN to us.

Fake Saddam. Fake WMDs. Fake war. But I'm sure that Bush and Dad are happy that you and ed are still clinging to the WMD straw, even though they themselves gave up on it a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I got to thinking, wasn't there a discrepancy in the number of these mobile labs bought and found? Didn't I read that somewhere,

not matter how you look at it, these are portable fertilizer plants by name only..

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well this sure as hell is a porta potty cleaner! Look at the pictures!
Maybe Collen Powel was right about the mobile labs?

A trailer found by the U.S. in Northern Iraq last year likely was used by Saddam Hussein's regime as a mobile biological weapons laboratory, and not to fill hydrogen balloons as some in Britain and the U.S. have charged, a view supported by exclusive photos obtained by WorldNetDaily that for the first time offer inside views of the trailer components.

worldnetdaily.com...

When we first went into Iraq, the media had shown portable labs the troops found while fighting the first few days of the war. I can not believe it has been almost 4 years since I thought about that lab on wheels.

Golden Shellback..................................................Member of the Royal Shellbacks

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That is obviously a Cookie making truck for Saddam's old fashion Chocolate chip cookies. All those tanks and stuff is just for making the perfect chocolate.

Yummy

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Didn't you read, it was for weather balloons only, I mean Iraq really needed those didn't they?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Uh, yeah Ed, cause not many countries in the world do weather research with weather balloons, that would be just silly.

I thought this topic closed a long time ago when it was shown that it was not a mobile lab and the us and british governments admitted the same???

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Weather balloon station.

In the wrong hands, this could lead to poor meteorological forecasting.

Why are the diehards supporting the mythical WMDs when the "leaders" they fawn over are desperately trying to bury their blunders and stupidity and focus on other lies instead?

you only need one tank of compressed helium for it to be a weather balloon anything.

it could have been for so many things, but why was it mobile? if it wasn't for the purpose of moving it around so that no one could find out what you were doing in it, what was it for? certainly not airing up balloons, com'on, i did that at a drugstore i worked at years ago, it certainly didn't take more than one tank of gas. even for a huge parade balloon, which might be unsafe with helium in it anyway, but that's beside the point, even for a huge balloon, you only need one large tank, not a whole bunch of different tanks, a compression chamber, other liquid tanks of various shapes and sizes and everything connected by pipes and tubing. you need one tank, period.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So you are saying it is a mobile weapons lab? All the experts know less about it than you? Just think about it. If it were a weapons lab, the US would have jumped all over it saying "SEE! WE TOLD YOU DO"...but no, not a peep.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
All of these plants were for the production of baby milk. Can't you read the signs as you enter the plants

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
All of these plants were for the production of baby milk. Can't you read the signs as you enter the plants

Funny, it still rings that way doesnt it? Good ol Baghdad Bob still lives!

[edit on 8-3-2005 by edsinger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join