It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If the suns gravity keeps the earth in orbit,whats holding the sun within its orbit?

Saying the other planets sounds simple enough but I suspect a more complex explanation.

If it's been answered before fine but I too would like an answer.

Answer will probably hinge upon difference of orbit and stationary.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexeii

How far away we are told to think the moon is,may be about how far away the sun really is and if so,its only a few thousand miles across and not the 865,000 mile diameter that we're taught to believe.But i thinks the sun is even closer and smaller than that,perhaps only a few thousand miles away and a few hundred miles across and as unnerving as that is,i think those numbers are somewhere near the truth...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

I don't think you know what rhetoric is, or a circular argument.

The only dogma present in science is to not believe in BS, like what you claim.

The Big Bang was not an explosion. The term was coined to differentiate it from the Steady State theory.

As for putting some of the explation on how, here:

The previous universe implodes, collapsing in on itself, forming a singularity. This singularity consisted of a thin layer of gaseous energy, two subatomic particles, a Proton (+) and an Electron (-) which then excited themselves, and condensed. As they condensed, the space between them became charged, creating a Neutron ( / ). Several Neutrons are then pulled together into a grouping, called Neutronium, which becomes unstable, as too many Neutrons are added, and cannot bond. Upon becoming unstable, the Neutronium reverses it's condensing motion, and the whole mass spills backward, out of the singularity. The Neutronium divides, becoming individual Neutrons, which revert back to individual Protons and Electrons again. As all of these subatomic particles coalesce they cause "light" in the form of hydrogen radiation to be created...

Ah, who am I kidding? You don't even understand how perspective works. I wouldn't expect you to grasp cosmological evolutionary theories... even when diluted to make them easier to grasp.

I just stopped being intelligent, because you never were.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 1/7/12 by Wandering Scribe because: link

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

You accuse the poster of referring to drugs but also tell them to stop eating "shrooms"? WTF

Also you are being very sexist by calling her/him (I don't know their sex) a "good little girl"... It's also rather patronizing to say the least.

Sorry but come on play by your own rules here chap.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

Can i just say i think your posts have been highly entertaining... In a good way that is

Keep up the good work.

Thanks! (You're too kind.)

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by golemina

And me and the clouds are having a good chuckle...
Well you get your head out of your clouds and stop going on about pagan
worshipping. Stop eating whatever shrooms you are eating and behave like a good little girl
And respect people by not posting about drugs on this site as it is a TC violation.

Dude... No offense (I'm sorry, you're English... No offence)

You haven't got anything right... Not even my gender.

How many Mackinsons are we talking about?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

The wannabes quack stuff like...

Originally posted by Paradox

The same thing that keeps the planets in orbit. Gravity.

The "wannabes" actually make off topic comments while failing to refute anything.

Bravo Blocula... Nice to see there are still some thinkers here at ATS.

Blocula does nothing but promote ignorance...the one thing this site is meant to deny, and I as well as many others will continue. And for you to encourage that is absolutely disgusting!
edit on 7-1-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyruay

I'm suppose to automatically accept and believe tptb's currently enforced belief that the 93,000,000 miles away sun,is gravitationally powerful enough to hold the earth and other planets in orbit for billions of years...

even while everything is flying,or falling,outwards through outer space at the millions of miles per hour speeds that we are told they are traveling at...

gravity itself is just a currently enforced theory about something that might not even really exist, something thats supposedly strong enough to adhere billions of tons of moving ocean water upon the outside surface of earth...

yet i'm able to easily resist that astounding force by picking up a stone off the ground with one hand...

hmmm,i dont think so...

somethings really wrong with a lot of the things that we are told to think and taught to believe and this thread is getting close to the ultimate truth,imo...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
When I was a child and I mean like ages 3-6 I remember having a lot of dreams of aliens........One of those dreams I remember being a child and these aliens were keeping humans on chains like there animals and doing what they like with us......not like a dog but more like slavery and proud of their pets achievements if any. I was just a kid so I was being allowed to run around on my own. In another dream all doors had to be left open like a couple inches so that you were watched at all times and closely monitored.

I also always feeling different then most people in that I knew deep inside me that it wasn't supposed to be that way and that someday it won't!

I been thinkin about those dreams a lot lately.......kinda creepy ah

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

.But i thinks the sun is even closer and smaller than that,perhaps only a few thousand miles away and a few hundred miles across and as unnerving as that is,i think those numbers are somewhere near the truth...

We all know WHAT you think, what many of us are asking is

[size=10]WHY?????

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Blocula .... and your answer to my "many times" asked question is ....... ????

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Many people argue for the case of religion on this site, do you tell them and their supporters the same thing?

The guy has an opinion (it may not be founded on much but then neither is religion), it has also sparked a very interesting and funny thread which i like very much. Why be such a killjoy? There are plenty of other threads to choose from, just saying...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I answered it but you ignored me...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You accuse the poster of referring to drugs but also tell them to stop eating "shrooms"? WTF

Also you are being very sexist by calling her/him (I don't know their sex) a "good little girl"... It's also rather patronizing to say the least.

Sorry but come on play by your own rules here chap.

1 Shrooms are what pagans may pick or eat dont have to be drugs.
2 She he or whatever desreved it she he whatever has been attacking people since he she
whatever posted.mentioning to another poster to stop smoking a crack pipe is a TC violation .

edit on 1-7-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

Why NOT ??

Because science has progressed past the scientific thinking of the middle ages. Why are you trying to bring us back to the dark ages?

I would think that the temperature shifts on this planet alone, by moving on its axis only a thousand miles closer or farther from the sun, should be of concern...

Why?

The question is.....what PROOF does anyone really have of ANYTHING, of this existence...

What proof do you have that you exist?
The reality we are collectively experiencing does have laws and facts relative to what we perceive. Science is for discovering and interpreting these laws, and science has concluded undeniable facts about the distance of our star.

and why would you believe people who have no reason to tell you the TRUTH on this matter.

Math. Math is the language of God. It isn't an invention but a discovery to interpret our existence. Have you ever heard of figuring a trigonometric parallax? Get back to me when you do a little research on the subject and read the undeniable facts that refute the ignorance presented in the OP. We are all humans searching for answers. Science is not evil, it is arguably the biggest part of our purpose.

You are clearly not capable of PARADOXical thinking.

Thanks for your attempt at trying to sound condescending.
You are clearly not capable of simple research and logic.
edit on 7-1-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

I don't think you know what rhetoric is, or a circular argument.

The only dogma present in science is to not believe in BS, like what you claim.

The Big Bang was not an explosion. The term was coined to differentiate it from the Steady State theory.

As for putting some of the explation on how, here:

The previous universe implodes, collapsing in on itself, forming a singularity. This singularity consisted of a thin layer of gaseous energy, two subatomic particles, a Proton (+) and an Electron (-) which then excited themselves, and condensed. As they condensed, the space between them became charged, creating a Neutron ( / ). Several Neutrons are then pulled together into a grouping, called Neutronium, which becomes unstable, as too many Neutrons are added, and cannot bond. Upon becoming unstable, the Neutronium reverses it's condensing motion, and the whole mass spills backward, out of the singularity. The Neutronium divides, becoming individual Neutrons, which revert back to individual Protons and Electrons again. As all of these subatomic particles coalesce they cause "light" in the form of hydrogen radiation to be created...

Ah, who am I kidding? You don't even understand how perspective works. I wouldn't expect you to grasp cosmological evolutionary theories... even when diluted to make them easier to grasp.

I just stopped being intelligent, because you never were.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 1/7/12 by Wandering Scribe because: link

You're arguments in support of your boorish behavior simply don't fly...

It's obvious (to any honest observer) that it's sole purpose is to fill the void left by your empty arguments.

What I find amusing about your arguments is the self-righteousness of your delivery.

Now matter how you try to wordsmith your 'explanation'...

You simply can NOT get away from the basic substrate of your argument...

At least have the intellectual honesty to admit that your vaunted 'Science' is spouting an...

'In the beginning...' premise.

I will also remind others that even though the OP might not have exactly all of the details of his premise right... He has raised a lot of also noticed by me points about the very nature of our physical reality.

But this is Blocs OP...

You have got to respect his absolute fearlessness in wading into these 'Science' laden waters.

Bravo again Bloc!

Geez! Denver22... You misquoted me again.
edit on 1-7-2012 by golemina because: addendum

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Why be such a killjoy? There are plenty of other threads to choose from, just saying...

Oh I'm sorry...I didn't mean for my logic to rain on your parade. Maybe you can find solace in one of those other threads that there's plenty of.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

1) I know exactly what you were implying with your shroom comment now please don't play dumb! If you didn't mean hallucinogenic shrooms why didn't you say carrots or peas? Why shrooms? You were most definitely implying he was high...

2) It's quite obvious he is a guy now as he said you were wrong about his gender so....

3) No you got it wrong mate, he didn't say they were smoking crack. He used a metaphor and it was quite a witty one too... I've not seen him attack anyone.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There is nothing of substance in your reply. You know nothing.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

You're "logic" doesn't bother me but i just don't know why you are crying about the guys opinion. I asked you a question but you chose to ignore it, guess you do not say the same to the religious zealots on here then? Maybe you are one?

Well nah, I'm quite alright here thanks, it would just be nicer if you were not around to whine about the OP. You make out like people do not have their own mind or something. You also make out this thread has no purpose but i disagree.

edit on 1-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

No matter how we look at them,we are never able to see anywhere near the many billions of stars that supposedly are out there all around us all the time and so stars must have their own selective light shining capabilities and the stars decide amongst themselves which ones light reaches us and which ones light doesnt...

I realize that you've already dismissed diffusion of light with a wave of the hand, however that is the answer to your question. A silly question for you, do you not believe the intensity of light diminishes over distance? You could prove this to yourself, no PTB necessary.
I already addressed the diffusion of light,but anyways,i will again,why is the light from billions of stars mysteriously diffused all the time? while the light from a few thousand stars is never diffused? do stars have a light shining,light diffusing off and on switch and a mind of their own?
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join