It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

i'm not debating it - I'm laughing at it.

And enjoying the laughs others are obviously getting too.

Why are you down on the funny stuff dude?? ...take a chill pill!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

"...The life of this world is nothing but an illusion."
[al-Hadeed - 57:20], Qur'an.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nah I don't get the logic here I'm afraid... Thats like saying if I tell a lie then EVERYTHING I say MUST be a lie and that there is no grey area, either I'm 100% a liar or !00% truthful...

Also he is posting in the damn skunkworks for god sake! It's made for posts like this is it not? if you do not like it why did you even bother to come here and post? Shouldn't you be complaining to ATS to do away with the skunkworks forum? Not berating people for using it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
OMG. Another delusional person with no bearing on the scientific concepts they choose to deal in. If you understood how gravity operates, or at least understood the current theory of how gravity operates (lol), you would know why what you just posted is laughable. Everything is moving throughout space, although everything seems stationary.

You say you cannot believe the sun is that big and that far away, but that just shows that YOU have a problem with perception, and has no bearing on the scientific aspects of the solar system and how bodies orbit one another. The sun is the biggest object in our solar system, and THAT is why everything revolves around it, and not the other way around.

The fact that light travels at 186,000 mi/s means that the sun's radiation takes a little over 8 minutes to reach the earth, which puts the sun at about 93 million miles away. I don't see what is so hard to believe, considering science is a body of knowledge that is built upon what came before it, and our understanding can be traced back in time to prove scientifically that what you are saying is incorrect.

Please do NOT make me laugh.

You seem to be looking down your nose at the OP and his premise...

But you apparently don't even seem to understand the underpinnings of the DOGMA that you are parroting!

The ENTIRE foundation of your Belief System (BS.
) is the Big Bang theory.

Do you have ANY understanding that your 'standard' BS is based on JUST ANOTHER CREATIONIST MYTH?

You are quoting the importance of 'gravity'?

Please... again... NO SUCH THING.

What you are seeing is the EFFECT of electromagnetism... NOT the cause.

93 million miles?

Actually... No, it varies.

You would think that all of the 'sweet spot' dim wit astronomers would notice that the basic ARITHEMATIC relationship they are pushing (the distance from the 'source' ie the Sun) would have innumerous variations in the energy that Earth receives from the Sun, based on the variation of the ELLIPTICAL orbit of all of the entities in our solar system.

But the REALITY is no such thing occurs.

The energy from the Sun doesn't become what we PERCEIVE until it reacts with the Earth.

Wannabe astronomers (which includes MOST of mainstream 'Scientific' 'establishment' absolutely crack me up.

There simply is NO end to the nonsense that we attribute to them...

Some of my favorites...

The Sun is nuclear.

Truly laughable! Why? Cuz it's the most complicated thing we known and the ONLY thing we seem capable of 'understanding'.

Another...

E=mc2.

Most people have zero understanding of what the components of this 'equation' happen to be...

The fact that people seem to think that 'mass' has anything to do with the speed of light.

This type of ABSOLUTE cluelessness is proof positive that we are pretty much a hopelessly imbecilic 'race'... just primitive creatures with primitive intellects...

We think we understand everything around us...

The sad fact is we have no clue about anything...

You think that immense clouds with a total mass of serious tons that go floating by would make us question something...

like 'gravity' or plasma energy...

Nah...

It's just 'water vapor'!

edit on 1-7-2012 by golemina because: Ye olde typo!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, I'm fairly certain that your behavior is borderline trollish. However, I'm bored so one more go.

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by InLightTend

With many billions of stars of all sizes and ages all around us all the time,only a few thousand of them have light thats able to reach us?

What are you talking about thousands? As about a thousand people here have said, and to which you haven't responded; go to a rural area with no light pollution. And you'll see this:

Now, please stop saying you can only see a few thousand, you are speaking from a point of ignorance.

You do need people to believe this though; as it underpins the rest of your 'theory'.

the night sky should be illuminated more or less like day,aglow with the light from billions of stars,but its not,it never is...

I'll ask again, although you probably will skirt the point AGAIN, do you understand the mathematical concept of an inverse square and its relation to non -coherent light intensity over distance?

1/d^2
d= distance

so d=1m, 1
d=2m, 1/4th
d=3m, 1/9th
d=4m, 1/16th,

This table shows the effect of light intensity as it travels. As you can see just 4 meters away from the source the light is only a 1/16th as strong.

so either stars have the amazing abilty to decide amongst themselves which ones light will reach us and which ones light will not...

This logic and others you present clearly show you choosing to believe what you want, not what's real.

or its all a fantastic holographic illusion...

Case in Point.

The Holographic Universe Michael Talbot > quanta-gaia.org...

edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Please don't sully Talbots' work by connecting it to your drivel. If you really mean to promote what he said why would you throw more obscurity on it than is already present?

edit on 1-7-2012 by InLightTend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

intentionally designed holographic illusion thats being malevolently projected into our visible spectrum from another dimension

Dude, seriously? Read your own line, that "malevolently projected"...

Next you will be shouting "ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONG TO US!" in some freaky Asian dictator voice.

1. Do your homework, use google, accept the science, I know it's hard for you to accept that some of us have spent a long time learning this "malevolently projected" stuff but that's why some of us are called "EXPERTS", say it after me:

"EX....PAAAA.....EEERRRR.......TTTTTTTTTTT"

There, see wasn't so hard right?

2. When you are about to post something that requires the rest of your audience to lower their IQ significantly, please reread your words, phrases, paragraphs etc and try to put yourself in the shoes of a "normal" person who is reading your posts, then you will realise that your gobbledygook only makes sense to you.

3. Don't ask a retarded question then make yourself sound smart by trying to ask a rhetorical question that is equally as retarded.

And by retarded I mean: "a normal person who chooses to be dumb out of their own choice"
edit on 1-7-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

ah, but knowingly posting false information, regardless of forum, is a T&C no no.

OT- I can't even begin to believe the OP actually believes what he is writing. i urge everyone to stop posting in this thread and giving him attention(including myself in that everyone lol)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
reply to post by blocula

intentionally designed holographic illusion thats being malevolently projected into our visible spectrum from another dimension

Dude, seriously? Read your own line, that "malevolently projected"...

Next you will be shouting "ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONG TO US!" in some freaky Asian dictator voice.

1. Do your homework, use google, accept the science, I know it's hard for you to accept that some of us have spent a long time learning this "malevolently projected" stuff but that's why some of us are called "EXPERTS", say it after me:

"EX....PAAAA.....EEERRRR.......TTTTTTTTTTT"

There, see wasn't so hard right?

2. When you are about to post something that requires the rest of your audience to lower their IQ significantly, please reread your words, phrases, paragraphs etc and try to put yourself in the shoes of a "normal" person who is reading your posts, then you will realise that your gobbledygook only makes sense to you.

3. Don't ask a retarded question then make yourself sound smart by trying to ask a rhetorical question that is equally as retarded.

And by retarded I mean: "a normal person who chooses to be dumb out of their own choice"

Do YOU understand that your 'sources' of apparently all-seeing, all-knowing 'knowledge' are really just text files sitting on a server farm...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Honestly, you must have been fast asleep in... well, all of elementary school where the solutions to your ill-conceived conceptions were laid out. It's called perspective. The farther away from something you stand, the smaller it looks.

It is the same thing as looking at a massive freighter, disappearing on the vanishing point of the horizon. The ship itself is not really the size of a micro-machine, we know it is a towering piece of construction. It just looks like that because of the perspective.

Similar to how, when standing in the center of train tracks, they appear to meet at a single vanishing point in the far distance. They don't actually meet, but the method by which our eyeballs correlate the visual stimuli makes it look so.

Oh, and, "obvious troll is obvious."

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
Actually, the OP has a point ... about orbits, gravity and the sun.

And one more thing, and I love this part the most of all ... IFF there was a BIG BANG, then we are exactly the same size universe as the dot, that exploded. We can be, neither bigger or smaller.

It only leaves one alternative, and that is that distance is not what it seems ... on this part, I agree with the OP. But that is on the premises, that there was some sort of BIG BANG.
edit on 1/7/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)
I find it extremely difficult trying to believe,never mind trying to comprehend that a universe thats many billions of light years across,suddenly burst into existence from within a point of space around a millionth of an inch across?!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

I dont think the moon really cares how big or small,or how far away the sun actually is,but i sure do...

We are able to see with our eyes the light from a few hundred stars reaching us all the time and so why are we not able to see the light from the millions and billions of stars reaching us that supposedly are out there?

Surely the night sky should be lit up and aglow more or less like daytime,should it not?

answers.yahoo.com... - short and simple, if that is not enough I can give you my basic knowledge of physics and explain why light travelling the vast distance of space is an "illusion" because it has aged and as such the star that you think you can see at night may not exist anymore.

If you can afford, by a decent camera and set up long exposure night shot, then you will see what you are expecting to see, a tapestry of the night sky.

This is what I love about ATS, give it enough time and someone somewhere will take enough pharmaceutical drugs to become entertaining on here.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by SaturnFX

Also he is posting in the damn skunkworks for god sake! It's made for posts like this is it not? if you do not like it why did you even bother to come here and post? Shouldn't you be complaining to ATS to do away with the skunkworks forum? Not berating people for using it.

Respect to this point. I just don't understand where the point is where it's no longer 'hashing out an idea with all your internet buddies' or seemingly trying to deceive people that are looking for different answers? Not all of the theory's we have are correct, let alone complete. Some however, explain observable phenomena pretty damn well, and its some of these that he wants/needs to say are bunk, and that's whats skunk about these works.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

My stepdad use to say the definition of an expert is ex = has been and spurt = drip

Please do not think that you know everything because if you think that you know everything already what is there to learn? There have been many times where experts have been wrong...

Not saying the OP is right but I hate your kind of attitude...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
Actually, the OP has a point ... about orbits, gravity and the sun.

And one more thing, and I love this part the most of all ... IFF there was a BIG BANG, then we are exactly the same size universe as the dot, that exploded. We can be, neither bigger or smaller.

It only leaves one alternative, and that is that distance is not what it seems ... on this part, I agree with the OP. But that is on the premises, that there was some sort of BIG BANG.
edit on 1/7/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)
I find it extremely difficult trying to believe,never mind trying to comprehend that a universe thats many billions of light years across,suddenly burst into existence from within a point of space around a millionth of an inch across?!

Good one Blocula!

The Big Bang theory is my favorite bit of Absurdism.

You know where EVERYTHINGNESS suddenly exploded from NOTHINGNESS!

Represented mathematically as 0! = 1!.

So question to the guy that wanted you tossed for T&C violation...

Isn't pushing the notion that 0 = 1 kind of a problem for you... Mr. Accorddingto Therules?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

reply to post by tamusan

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars? why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

The night sky is not filled with millions of stars. It is filled with billions of them. Human eyes just can't see all of them.
Then why are we able to see any stars at all,shouldnt we be seeing all of them,or seeing none of them? theres billions of stars all around us that are about the same age as the few thousand we do see and all of those billions of stars are streaming outwards their light equally as much as the few thousand we do see and so we should definitely be seeing all of them and so why dont we,why cant we? is it because the super advanced aliens curtain of holographic stars only contains the few thousand that we can see,just enough to keep us believing in their projected illusion?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You don't understand what a singularity is, nor do you understand anything about the Big Bang theory.

To begin with, the Big Bang was not an explosion, and it was not a case of the current universe emerging exactly as it is today. What you're espousing here is Creationism, the belief that (a) God came around and decided to suddenly make everything, all at once, exactly as it is, and it was so.

Roughly speaking, the Big Bang theory goes something like this:

The previous universe implodes, collapsing in on itself, forming a singularity. This singularity consisted of a thin layer of gaseous energy, two subatomic particles, a Proton (+) and an Electron (-) which then excited themselves, and condensed. As they condensed, the space between them became charged, creating a Neutron ( / ). Several Neutrons are then pulled together into a grouping, called Neutronium, which becomes unstable, as too many Neutrons are added, and cannot bond. Upon becoming unstable, the Neutronium reverses it's condensing motion, and the whole mass spills backward, out of the singularity. The Neutronium divides, becoming individual Neutrons, which revert back to individual Protons and Electrons again. As all of these subatomic particles coalesce they cause "light" in the form of hydrogen radiation to be created...

Ah, who am I kidding? You don't even understand how perspective works. I wouldn't expect you to grasp cosmological evolutionary theories... even when diluted to make them easier to grasp.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 1/7/12 by Wandering Scribe because: expanded on the Big Bang theory

edit on 1/7/12 by Wandering Scribe because: Spelling mistakes

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

I dont think the moon really cares how big or small,or how far away the sun actually is,but i sure do...

We are able to see with our eyes the light from a few hundred stars reaching us all the time and so why are we not able to see the light from the millions and billions of stars reaching us that supposedly are out there?

Surely the night sky should be lit up and aglow more or less like daytime,should it not?

answers.yahoo.com... - short and simple, if that is not enough I can give you my basic knowledge of physics and explain why light travelling the vast distance of space is an "illusion" because it has aged and as such the star that you think you can see at night may not exist anymore.

If you can afford, by a decent camera and set up long exposure night shot, then you will see what you are expecting to see, a tapestry of the night sky.

Answers.Yahoo.Com?

Say, didn't they win the Nobel Prize for physics?

This is what I love about ATS, give it enough time and someone somewhere will take enough pharmaceutical drugs to become entertaining on here.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InLightTend

Hmmm well if people are just going to believe something whether it be in skunk works or not that is pretty much their own fault and there will be no helping them really. Obviously everything has to go through your own critical thinking filters and each individual has to make up their own mind as to what they think reality is.

There are millions and millions of theories out there about all sorts of topics. I think that's a great thing.

Even commonly believed perceptions are sometimes changed when new information emerges. A lot of science is guesswork in my opinion. Just look at climate science as an example. Or even medical science.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Different generations of people throughout human history are born to live within and made to adhere to whatever belief structures that are enforced by tptb who happen to be ruling and controlling them at the time and so about 500 years ago the world was proclaimed by many as being flat,now 500 years later its proclaimed by the majority as being round,whats it going to be proclaimed as being in another 500 years,geodesic? hexagonal? diamond?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

reply to post by paradox

Answers.Yahoo.Com?

Say, didn't they win the Nobel Prize for physics?

Don't be so hard on yourself.

You clearly have no grasp of that which you seek to bash, however poorly. Adding all the emphasis and smiley faces doesn't help with the presentation of your non-rebuttal. It just makes you look petulant on top of ignorant.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join