It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No faith in humanity anymore, intentional burn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So I have this pit bull puppy that I adopted on a whim, I never thought I would get a pit because of their Rep. Anyway I did, and it was the best choice ever.

In the year I have had her she has been nothing but the sweetest dog I ever owned, most tollerant loving dog, and even though shes big she radiates love. People see her and they are scared at first because of her size but in a few seconds she wins them over with her personality.

Anyway the other day I noticed she was being sensitive in her but area above her tail, it looked like two small holes with puss.

I thought it was a snake bite so rushed her to the Vet to treat...

Well I just got off the phone with my Vet, its not a snake bite, she said it looks like 3rd degree burns, Like some one poured a cup of something boiling hot on her...

I Have no idea how this could of happened, and I am instantly reminded of two weeks ago when my neighbour complained to me about me getting a pit bull.

Saying crap about how could I get such a vicious dog breed, she really went on a rant about how she hated the breed...

SO now im stuck not knowing what to do, we have a dog run where we keep her, and it boarders that neightbours yard, Theres no way I CAN think of on how something boiling even got near her, the vet to has no idea.

And all I am left with is some one hurt my puppy on purpose... Seriously she is the sweetest thing and some ____ hurt her, I am soooo angry right now.

I am contemplating setting up cams in my yard to monitor my own dogs.

Please ATS give me a plausible reason this could of happen, im racking my brains, I checked everything theres nothing that would cause a third degree burn that she has acess to.

Im about to bust a blood vessel in my head in rage.

My puppy pic
edit on 30-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sounds like cam time to me, if you can afford it. People never cease to shock me in their capacity for hate. It may have nothing to do with your disgruntled neighbor, but your sweet puppy's health is at stake here. I'd make a big deal about putting the cam up too. Let neighbors know what and why you are doing it....

I'm so sorry your little furry one was put in so much pain.

Des

edit on 30-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You already know the answer! Set up the cameras and moniter them constantly! As much as you want to rip this persons head off, don't do it!! Get the evidence, and then hang his/her ass with it!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

They are going to have to keep her for a week, they say she is unmanageable at home, they have to sedate her to even touch her.

Im tech savy, ill set up my old cell phones to feed to my wifi... Im already working out my set up in my head...

Yea, puppy health takes priority, some bills are just gonna go un paid.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Get the evidence, and then hang his/her ass with it!
reply to post by seeker1963

I can hear her yelling and screaming at her husband and her child all the time, shes a maniac your right though gather evidence, though I fear I wont get anything as im not going to endanger my dogs just to nail her...

Im planning on moving soon anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Simple. Pour a cup of boiling hot sugar water on your neighbours genital area. And that's being NICE. I have no idea what made your neighbour think they were justified in hurting ANY animal in spite let alone someone's pet...

This has made me angry.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There are unfortunately some very sick individuals out there.
If the Vet is certain its a burn and theres no chance anyone in your house did it by accident then a neighbour has done it on purpose.

If you have the finances by all means set up the cam, If you catch someone hurting your pet first report them to the RSPCA or equivalent, then the police, then put flyers all around your neighbourhood and finally send it to every media outlet you can with the piece of s***s name and address.

I had someone stuff my kittens head through the lattice work above my door last year, we caught him on the lift security cam, he was my flatmates friend.
After confronting him, bitch slapping him and knocking over his $3000 plasma breaking it my flatmate told everyone at his university, he ended up having to leave due to the fact everyone hated him.

The Kitten was OK and didnt seem to traumatised so justice was served in my opinion

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

This has made me angry.

My brother said to call in a CPS call on her, Ive heard her smacking her kid, Ive always taken the its not my house stance.

I wouldnt want anyone telling me how to raise my kid, but this... if she did this to a neighbors dog, what would she do to her child...

I don't think thats the way to go but its damn tempting...

Definitely a trail of my own personal convictions and beliefs about doing harm to another human though...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Good job slapping that bitch. I would have done the same.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

This has made me angry.

My brother said to call in a CPS call on her, Ive heard her smacking her kid, Ive always taken the its not my house stance.

I wouldnt want anyone telling me how to raise my kid, but this... if she did this to a neighbors dog, what would she do to her child...

I don't think thats the way to go but its damn tempting...

Definitely a trail of my own personal convictions and beliefs about doing harm to another human though...

Is the child looked after? Fed, clothed has fun and looks at least relatively happy?

I would say don't do it unless you really, really fear for the child. I understand how you feel though believe me I do. It sickens me when parents hit children. I'd love to show them what it feels like being hit by someone who scares them. And I wouldn't be worrying about my Karma before, during or after..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yea patient level headed response is what is called for, I was thinking of going over there and "warning" them that there might be an asshole in the area hurting pets... and you know they should be careful just in case...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Yea patient level headed response is what is called for, I was thinking of going over there and "warning" them that there might be an asshole in the area hurting pets... and you know they should be careful just in case...

Then tell her it pisses you off almost as much as cowards hitting their kids.. followed by "ya know?"

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
OP,

I'm sorry this has happened. It's terrible, but I think surveillance is the route to go.

A word of caution concerning your neighbor. Lots of comments here about retaliation, but how do you know she did it? She's a suspect b/c she's vocally anti-pit bull. That doesn't mean she did it.

Perhaps it was some sick kid who hurt your pup. Or anorher neighbor.

If I were you, I would go to every home on my street. I would calmly explain what happened, tell them I've installed security cams, then ask if they'd noticed anything unusual. Your real purpose in doing this isn't to garner leads, but to let them know you are watching. If the sicko is your neighbor, hopefully she'll think twice before doing it again.

Also, to save money, assemble some cardboard cameras and spray paint them black. Put them in obvious places but out of reach of close scrutiny.

Best of luck, my friend. Healing thoughts to your baby and you.

smylee

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Could you post a pic of the trauma itself? Ever heard of 'hot-spots'? Kind of sounds like some.
Google for 'dog hot spots'.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
As much as I distrust Pit Bulls. There is no reason whatsoever to harm an animal that has not tried to harm me. If this woman did this, she's a psycho, and I wouldn't trust her with humans either.
edit on 6/30/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Simple. Pour a cup of boiling hot sugar water on your neighbours genital area. And that's being NICE. I have no idea what made your neighbour think they were justified in hurting ANY animal in spite let alone someone's pet...

This has made me angry.

I completely understand your anger. Harming innocent animals is unthinkable.

While I realize you're just venting, I don't think this is appropriate. After all, there is no proof she did this to the dog.

Let's interject a little sanity here, please.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryom

When I saw it it looked like two small puncture wounds with swelling and puss leaking.

The vet is going to have to remove the cover area of the skin, she says that its Not from sun exposure, the pattern is a spill pattern from liquid. there is even dribbles down her back as if the last of the liquid dribbling out on her...

Im going later today to see her after the vet has done the surgery to remove the dead skin.

Ill see if I can take a pic.

The vet was actually very concerned that someone in my house hold did it, shes very sure its a liquid spill on her...

Its just my Wife, and I here, no kids to do this crap, the access is weird because our house backs to a nature preserve, so no houses behind me, the Dog run is exclusively on that neighbors side of the house, in a shaded area...

It would be very easy to throw a cup over from there...

Again I know a calm response is what is called for, I am angry, and that will fade, Right now I gotta focus on my dogs health.

So far im looking at a minimum 500 vet bill, so Im gonna be as by the book on this and try to get proof, present a civil case in court or something.

Could you post a pic of the trauma itself? Ever heard of 'hot-spots'? Kind of sounds like some. Google for 'dog hot spots'.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Third degree is a damn bad burn. I'd set up cams to catch whomever did it.

Power to the puppy.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If you are sure that the wound is a burn, and can find these items, get some manuka honey and aloe vera; and possibly some comfrey, but only use a fairly small amount of that, and make sure the wound is very well sterilised first. Comfrey is a very powerful dermal regenerator, so if there is poison or infection there, it will cause the skin to heal right over it, and the problem to become internal. Keep the dog's fur away from the area of the wound, by shaving it if necessary, and use a closed dressing in order to promote its' healing.

Valerian applied orally may also calm the animal before you apply the dressing, and minimise your chance of being bitten in the process.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
As much as I distrust Pit Bulls. There is no reason whatsoever to harm an animal that has not tried to harm me. If this woman did this, she's a psycho, and I wouldn't trust her with humans either.

I do not like pit bulls myself, but I do not advocate being inhumane, particularly if someone genuinely does love the animal in question. If it can be proven that the neighbour is guilty, I would suggest pressing animal cruelty charges, if such are possible. Civil suit may, however, be a more appropriate route, as that way you have more chance of compensation.

new topics

top topics

join