It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A UK Commercial Secretly Counting Down To Something?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hi All,

This is the second video of a commercial aired in the UK that i have noticed that fit the "strange" bracket and is well placed for discussion on ATS. The minds on here will soon figure out what is being count downed to...

This commercial is for a popular internet company that compares insurance quotes. Every Brit on here will know it by its annoying tune.

The company is Go Compare.

The advert was aired just 40 minutes ago, it was aired on Nick Jr. I was at home for lunch (my work is nearby my home) and as usual the "little one" was watching his cartoons. I was sitting eating a sandwich when the commercial came on. As the advert progressed, you saw the camera zoom out into someones living room. The person can only just be seen but the person is angry, they are squeezing a biscuit in their hand angrily. The commercial then stops and a countdown with a date appears.

The countdown at the time of viewing (1305 on 29th June 2012) was 3 days, 23 hours and 46 minutes, by my calculations that will be exactly Noon on the 2nd July 2012 and the date displayed was

2nd July 2012

I cannot find anything online about it but here is the ad none-the-less. The Brits amongst us will know that this is NOT a usual Go Compare commercial.

Whats your thoughts ATS, is 2nd July 2012 important in any way?

P.S. Sorry if the quality is slightly off but i was recording it standing up whilst eating a sandwich on a Galaxy Tablet!
edit on 29/6/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I would go with the fact that after all these years of putting up with that stupid guy and his stupid Go Compare song the company are about to get rid of him on that date and start a new advertising campaign.

There is billborads ive seen that have him on it with "fake writing" all over the fat singer mocking him. So yeah i think the company are getting rid and going in another direction.
edit on 6/29/2012 by Drustew because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
That freaked me out. There are a few people panicking on Facebook, trying to figure out what its counting down to. Also, DigitalSpy forums are alo trying to figure it out.

I checked what's supposed to be on at that time on TV, and I can't see, to find anything specifically eye-catching that may be a newly-released show or anything :S

Something going viral maybe? Like I dunno, a new show that they wouldn't advertise? Or would that be against the law to have a countdown with no explanation?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Not sure what to think to be honest, defiantly not their normal type of add (except it still leaves me screaming inside my own head)

I would prefer to think there is nothing suspicious going on, but the flipping symbolism is everywhere, it is certainly shaping up to be one weird and strange year.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Car insurance ads on Nick Jr?
What do under 10's want with car insurance?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I hate that ad campaign. Not seen that new one though.
To me it seems just like a viral as previously mentioned.

However if I were to go all conspiracy, three PIGS, big bad wolf blowing their houses down. Dam PIIGS.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drustew

I would go with the fact that after all these years of putting up with that stupid guy and his stupid Go Compare song the company are about to get rid of him on that date and start a new advertising campaign.

There is billborads ive seen that have him on it with "fake writing" all over the fat singer mocking him. So yeah i think the company are getting rid and going in another direction.
edit on 6/29/2012 by Drustew because: typo

I hope so, the next one that needs to go is Churchill.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I ****ing HATE those go compare ads man.....

That was weird... I was thinking what's the big deal, this is the cartoon one?

And then it panned out... I haven't seen that ad yet mate but I'd guess they're either getting rid of the fat singer or something.

Who knows

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

Possibly but to be honest i'm not seeing the logic in changing what is already probably the most remembered company for what they do because of that guy...

Why change something that isn't broken?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Car insurance ads on Nick Jr?
What do under 10's want with car insurance?

Indeed...this was something else i thought! They have tailored the add for children as well which is even stranger!!!

But whats with the woman at the end? Why is she so angry?

My son started crying when it came on and told me it was scary! He is 3 so its not the most appealing advert for children of a young age anyways!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It could be a countdown just to get people to watch the ad. I've never seen a Go Compare ad before in my life but I have now! A new way to get the people of conspiracy sites to view it?
I don't know... interesting though.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Also having watched again, he's crushing something/using a stress ball..... and it's because of the Fat Tenor.

I would say pretty much DEFINITELY that they are getting rid of the guy.

People liked it at first (like the meerkats and so on) but now they know there is nothing but hate for the adverts.

I think they'll be doing a new campaign and they are just letting us know

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
OK it would appear that this is NOT just limited to Go Compare, it is other commercials too on other channels.

Digital Spy

what's happening on ITV on monday 2nd july 2012?

keep seeing it flash up during adverts but all it says is Monday 2nd July 2012

Not a lot.

TV Guide

Click Next at the right hand end of the days list to go to next Monday. Nothing startling listed there, unless they are hiding something

So far its been on Nick Jr, ITV and Sky 1.

This is very strange, its not just about Go Compare, its about SOMETHING ELSE

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

It could be a countdown just to get people to watch the ad. I've never seen a Go Compare ad before in my life but I have now! A new way to get the people of conspiracy sites to view it?
I don't know... interesting though.

It has been on other company ads on other channels too, this isn't just Go Compare so its NOT about getting rid of him.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Also apparently Lloyd is returning to Coronation Street 2nd July, 7:30pm and there will be a fight?

I don't watch any soaps so have no idea who this person is.

So could this be the final end for their friendship? Craig doesn't think so saying; "It’s not the end really no, it’s just the beginning really." You can watch Lloyd's return to Coronation Street on Monday 2nd July from 7.30pm on ITV1. Plus, see Lloyd's return and his public fight with Steve right now in picture previews.

www.itv.com...
edit on 29/6/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

See comment above...

2nd

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

From some behavioral website,

The story of the three pigs suggests a transformation in which much pleasure is retained, because now satisfaction is sought with true respect for the demands of reality. The clever and playful third pig outwits the wolf several times: first, when the wolf tries three times to lure the pig away from the safety of home by appealing to his oral greed, proposing expeditions to where the two would get delicious food. The wolf tries to tempt the pig with turnips which may be stolen, then with apples, and finally with a visit to a fair.

Only after these efforts have come to naught does the wolf move in for the kill. But he has to enter the pig's house to get him, and once more the pig wins out, for the wolf falls down the chimney into the boiling water and ends up as cooked meat for for the pig. Retributive justice is done: the wolf, which has devoured the other two pigs and wished to devour the third, ends up as food for the pig.

The child, who throughout the story has been invited to identify with one of its protagonists, is not only given hope, but is told that through developing his intelligence he can be victorious over even a much stronger opponent.

Since according to the primitive (and a child's) sense of justice only those who have done something really bad get destroy, the fable seems to teach that it is wrong to enjoy life when it is good, as in summer. Even worse, the ant in this fable is a nasty animal, without any compassion for the suffering of grasshopper-and this is the figure the child is asked to take for his example.

Now theres a point of view, I suppose its a message along the lines off " ill get you in the end" with reguards to it does not matter what your in a house or a car or a boat, just pondering this one weird though Mc Cloud ?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
OK it would appear that this is NOT just limited to Go Compare, it is other commercials too on other channels.

Digital Spy

What's ITV? Is it a particular channel? I wonder if it's showing up on other channels as well? If it's just ITV then it could very well be some type of marketing stunt.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
play it back where the person crushes the thing in hand, can you hear a different type of voice saying something like a darlek...ish tone?

Maybe just background noise, my speakers aren't good.

edit...oh it was the wolf.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

I need glasses and new speakers.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Go Compare mans new advert is aired in July.....no conspiracy....just a good advertising campaign.....got everyone talking hasn't it!

p.s

The graffiti on the poster isn't real....it appears (with variations ) on all the posters...you can see most of them Here
edit on 29/6/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join