It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story about God and the praying mantis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have told this story on here before, but now there is more to it. As a child, I suffered from OCD. The actual disorder is very tough to deal with as you obsess over things and display compulsive behaviors. One of my obsessions at a very young age was the praying mantis.

One time around 9 or 10 years old, my father found a praying mantis and was going to give it to me the next time he saw me. he knew I would spend hours each day looking for them (remember, OCD....). well, the day he came to see me he lost the praying mantis. I was just a child, so I cried. I never found those things at my mother's house in the city. I was a kid so I cried "God, if you were really real you would give me a praying mantis!" Still in tears, something flew by right after I said that and hit me in the side of my face. I looked over and it was a praying mantis on the ground. Again, I didn't live in an area well-known for having them like my father's place did. In fact, I believe that is the first one I ever found in that area while growing up.

That leads me to tonight at age 24: Life has been rough and I am currently repeating a karmic cycle. I notice it this time at least and called out to God. I was completely open and just spoke from the heart. I spoke about how I struggle with cumpulsive behaviors even though I no longer have an OCD diagnosis. I spoke about a lot of things that were on my mind, asked some questions, and asked God to show me he is still there watching me.

I got up, started walking back to my place, and a praying mantis flew by out of nowhere and hit me in the face.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well that's an interesting story, but every time I've asked God for a sign, I come up empty. I also am open about it, and used to be a believer. People tell me to keep my eyes open because he'll show me at some time, but really what's with the delay?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. I firmly believe we receive signs sometimes out of the blue and sometimes when we need them the most. This sounds like your's for sure. Hopefully it bought you the comfort you sought. God is always with us.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

You are loved.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
Well that's an interesting story, but every time I've asked God for a sign, I come up empty. I also am open about it, and used to be a believer. People tell me to keep my eyes open because he'll show me at some time, but really what's with the delay?

I haven't always either, at least not immediately. His/her schedule is one I'll never understand, but for now it is meant to be that way.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

That was rather exceptional for you share not only a personal experience, but your interpretation
as well. That takes guts considering the Whole Wide World is watching.

I would like to add this humble thought, To some extent, we have the personal power
to craft and/or manipulate our current reality.

Sometimes all you have to do is think about it.

Therein dwells the magic. Blessings, Wildmanimal S&F

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I think God has a sense of humor hahaha. refreshing to know, good story OP, thats a very nice synchronicity.

S&F

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

I think God has a sense of humor hahaha. refreshing to know, good story OP, thats a very nice synchronicity.

S&F
Funny you say that because I should add that one of the things I said when opening up tonight was "I REALLY hope you have a sense of humor. If not, I have a lot of explaining to do." That could explain some things.

top topics

join