It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilarious and accurate take down of "reverse racism" silliness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Oh. "Only" 650,000. How silly of anyone to be upset about such a small number.

I said "only" because I sincerely feel they were the fortunate few. If you disagree, please explain why.

I'd love to see your source for these numbers, though.

I'm up to that challenge. Here you go! I hope you're pleased.

And no one is denying the Arab slave trade of the Africans.

Hell, no one ever seems to mention it! I feel that's the same as denying it! Now you seem to be ignoring the enslavement of those that weren't from Africa, why?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Hating all white people because of what 1% of American's did is not justice.. it's pointless hatred.

Actually, Technically, it's Racism.

Not "Reverse Racism" mind you... just Regular Racism.

Never forget... that you will *NEVER* be a human being to these people... you are merely "White"

I was careful not to call it racism, as that word is somewhat subverted for causes and therefore redundant.

I'd hate to be a more primitive minority in Africa right now. Are there any bushmen left?

My take is that white people pay reparations and spawn industries that work on victimization. For all the plethora of other countries (not about race necessarily), there is no outcry. All the people that are regularly displaced and destroyed get nothing but a kick in the teeth if they speak up... so they don't. They are just erased..

White people are guilty of trying to help, but failing, in that the culture in the countries their "victims" come from is usually not advanced enough to understand.

Deal with your Karma people. Stop projecting.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I was careful not to call it racism

Which is a dirty, shameful mistake... you call it what it is.

as that word is somewhat subverted for causes and therefore redundant.

The word has a definition, learn it, use it, apply it.

White people are guilty of trying to help, but failing

Bull [snip]ing [snip]

Black people have the absolute HIGHEST standard of living in western nations. (Compared to black people in the rest of the world)

Western nations were the FIRST to abolish institutional slavery.... We fought a Civil WAR on that one.... remember?

We are GUILTY of trying to help, and SUCCEEDING.

Never forget that.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Sold them into slavery to whom? Exactly.

I do love when people try to use that "Well it was Africans who sold their own people into slavery" junk. Of course that's a fact. It's common knowledge. Doesn't change that it was the Europeans who took them into slavery for hundreds of years and committed all kind of atrocities against them.

Please don't try to whitewash history or pass the buck.

Ok lets not white wash history. Where did the jews get in enslaved? Egypt correct! where is Egypt located? Africa! wait a minute? Black people enslaved white people? who built the pyramids? where are the white reparations? its a historical landmark we should get a cut lol. Please everybody has enslaved everybody throughout history. If it wasn't the Europeans it would have been the Chinese or middle easterners or Africans. It was mostly the Irish who died fighting for the right to free black people in America all because their country had a potato feminine and they left their country in droves only to be forced into a war once they got off a boat.

I have yet to hear black scholars even mention this. A confederate general was quoted as saying the only reason the north won was because they had more Irish immigrants. Yet because of the color of my skin i get lumped into all this crap like my family had something to do with enslaving these people when we didn't in fact they died fixing a problem they didn't create. I'm so sick and tired of brainwashed people with no concept of history.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Proof?

I'll believe it when white people are rounded up on ships against their will and shipped off to Africa to slave away.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

"... and succeeding"? You don't understand my view. I see your point and agree up until a point. It's just that, we fail where you read posts like this. I've come across indigenous people who prefer their own way of life and no matter how you cut it, if you try to treat them as equal they will respond in unexpected ways, especially to being forced to take on ways that seem unnatural to them. These same people are the first ones to play the race card. To them it means "lay off our way of life, whitey", or often "I hate you as an authority figure". The list goes on...

The point of this post seems to revolve around the meaning of racism, no? The people arguing have different positions on what racism is. We know the word is abused. I don't know why you tell me I have to use a word that has such an ambiguous meaning and why you would be simplistic; telling me about the dictionary meaning??

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
"Reverse" racism is alive and well, what do you think affirmative action is? It is banned in many countries, mine included, because it is considered racism.

The article in the OP is really stupid, because it does not take the extreme cases of slavery and genocide to qualify as racism.

edit on 29/6/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The only reason blacks are still qualified to be called a minority is because asians, latinos, and just about every other ethnic group under the sun has been classified as being white via the US census, the US census helps determine who gets help from the government and I am sorry to say and please don't call me a racist for doing so, but the black community in America has singled themselves out against every other race and they have been receiving government benefits ever since.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It's extremely difficult to have a debate on race. It's obviously not as simple as it being white only racism and to suggest that is the only form of racism just poisons the debate.

I've seen racism, black against white, Asian against white, Black against Asian, Indian against pakistani. The common factor is usually ignorance.

It's also worth remembering the power relationships in society when it comes to racism. If a minority is racist against the majority it has far less impact than the Majority being racist against a minority. I think some people forget this fact.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Wait. So because there isn't the same long storied history of oppression, then it isn't racism?

I thought racism was any time you acted based solely on skin color. I wasn't aware that it had prerequisites involving oppression.

I'm sorry. There is nothing hilarious or true about this article. It is trying to make light of what is, without a doubt, one of the two biggest social issues of the last 10000 years.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Proof?

I'll believe it when white people are rounded up on ships against their will and shipped off to Africa to slave away.

www.bbc.co.uk...

There ya go, a bit of info for you.

By the way, don't take this as me being a pointy hatted apologist for the systematic slavery of Africans by rich Europeans...its all wrong, but the only difference is really how recently a particular ethnic group was targeted.
edit on 29-6-2012 by SprocketUK because: spelling.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Wait a minute!!!!

Your telling me..... Africans build ships, so that they could travel to America ( and dump many of them into the sea while chained together is they became sick ) and sell their kin to other africans?

Thats news to me!!!!
I thought white people had something to do with it some how...

Go figure. We are talking about history here right??

This subject should have been laid to rest a long time ago. Nobody alive right now had anything to do selling others into slavery, at least not in the sense we are talking about here. Yes slavery is still going on, however that's different, here we are talking about the 'evil white man' who forced Africans into slavery. Guess what, i'm white and i had nothing to do with it, neither did any other white man you see in your daily life, therefore drop it. Yes, there is a part of history that was really sickening, however every other race of people that were forced into slavery doesn't go around on a regular basis whining about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
No offence OP but I didn't really find it funny.

I have been a victim of racism and am not sure if that colours my sense of humour.

I am of indeterminate race, I have been mistaken for different groups, I am of English and Polish parents and I am supposedly 'white'.

I do not think anyone should be made to pay for PAST crimes of which we are not responsible though our ancestors may have gained, we don't now. Now we are all slaves, whatever colour. We have owners who are all colours.

We should be coming together now to abolish the present problem of slavery not fighting amongst ourselves about the past but uniting against our common enemy.

The RICH enslave the POOR, regardless of colour!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Im not whining i was just making a point about the past history. Lol. That the first african owned in slavery was by an african. And it was in virginia? Oh and uncertain if he said african slave owner himself was endentured of enslaved. Ehhhhhh.

I will not let history go. We should learn from it. Not change it to sugar coat the future.

Racism still exist. Reverse racism?? Iv'e never experiance. White on black racism i have.

To further complicate things my mom is white and my dad is black.

You would say im black..... Hahahahaha id'e go with im human.

Going back some to my orginal post.

Africans did not build the ships to bring africans to america. The chains were placed on the africans IN africa BY white skinned people. The africans were enslaved through selection by white people prior to and enroute to america.

It was a business, with the intent of selling them in america to white people.

Now with all that being said. Slavery has been placed upon EVERY shade of man.

White and black. It has been a part of history since man began to build.

I can defend both sides races.

How say you.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

White people who are confronted with their white privilege and the white supremacist acts they perpetuate have been known to cry ...

I didn't need to even go past the first sentence. That opening sentence was absurd. So we all are into white privilege and perpetuating white supremacist acts, eh?
The author is an idiot.

Anyone who would buy they ..... white people, middle eastern people, muslims, black people.
Black on black slavery is still a problem in Africa today.

it's about people who try to claim "reverse racism" which is a complete false equivalence.

:shk: Damn stupid article.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I have none of this power you whine about you white Uncle Tom

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

I have none of this power you whine about you white Uncle Tom
what he said!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Why act as if it was only whites who too slaves of the Africans? Seems that history glosses over the role of the middle east on the slave trade. For the record the history of the US is littered with cases of racism that was white on white also, but it seems that blacks need to receive preferential treatment nowadays. Not equal preferential. Any legitimate criticism is responded to by "your a racist". If the race hustlers would drop out of sight I think that a large amount of the ill will towards blacks would dissipate. Al Sharpton and his ilk give racist a focus on the wrongs about the black sub-culture. But it's easier to blame all of your problems on being oppressed rather than having some self reflection.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by digital01anarchy

I do love when people try to use that "Well it was Africans who sold their own people into slavery" junk. Of course that's a fact. It's common knowledge. Doesn't change that it was the Europeans who took them into slavery for hundreds of years and committed all kind of atrocities against them.

Please don't try to whitewash history or pass the buck.

So did South America and in much larger numbers too. Hell, even Native Americans owned black slaves. White slaves too. I rarely hear self hating whites or anyone talk about that.

Originally posted by The Sword

Too bad most people here will accuse the writer of playing the "race card" and the discussion will devolve into the typical dead-end ATS conversation on race.

Then again, people have to be able to confront realities that make them uncomfortable. The reality here is that we have white people who think that they're being oppressed and thus, they use that race card mumbo-jumbo, etc.

Maybe you and others who buy in to cracker super power bull# need to confront the possibility that YOU have racial issues that you need to deal with?

Not possible right?
edit on 29-6-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Bow, this isn't about hating White people nor is it about blaming all White people for slavery. Did you even read the link?

Seriously, it's about people who try to claim "reverse racism" which is a complete false equivalence.

Yeah, its just plain "racism". When a black man told me whites should be slaves and that when the time came "he would spill my blood", you're telling me that's not racism? When I hang out ay my black friend's family's house and all they talk about is "crackers" and "those crazy white folks" that it's not because they all have racial issues and don't even realize it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join