It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilarious and accurate take down of "reverse racism" silliness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It was the people in the past that condoned racism, yet we continue to blame each other today about it, and validate each others' racism with the slavery argument. WHY?!

Slavery happened a long time ago, black AND white racists can just # right off if they think that they can be racist on account of what happened to their ancestors. I personally never had a black slave, as I wasn't born then, but have experienced reverse racism, validated again by centuries-ago slavery.

All racism is cowardly, it is done in the name of pride in your race. Pride should only be for something you achieve, not something you were born with!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Basically what I am hearing...is Blacks need to get over it..
Native Americans...get over it..

Yet when it comes to the Jewish holocaust...Never forget. 9/11 never forget.

So you people use the never forget cry...when it suits you...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Im white and Ive never felt discriminated against by blacks personally. But are you saying no blacks are ever racist? I seriously doubt that.
There is a difference in being racist, and being prejudiced. Racism is systematic.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by shaluach

I do love when people try to use that "Well it was Africans who sold their own people into slavery" junk. Of course that's a fact. It's common knowledge. Doesn't change that it was the Europeans who took them into slavery for hundreds of years and committed all kind of atrocities against them.

Yeah! If you want to talk about slavery, why don't you give our friends in the Middle East and North Africa an "honorable mention"? From 650 AD to 1900 AD it is estimated that they took over 18 million slaves from Africa, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, the United States, and many other countries.

Of the estimated 12 million slaves the came to the Americas, only 650,000 ended up in the United States, yet we are often considered the "bad guys" when it comes to slavery. I wonder how many of those that were descended from that 650,000 would be willing to accept a one way ticket back to the land of their "roots". I'll bet there wouldn't be very damn many! Instead of whining and crying about the past, they should be thankful those days are long gone.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 28-6-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo
650,000? LMAO. Better recheck those numbers sir, because you're WAY off. Would you accept a one-way ticket back to your ''roots''? Your ancestors were of European descent, so save your home turf crap.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Hating all white people because of what 1% of American's did is not justice.. it's pointless hatred.

Actually, Technically, it's Racism.

Not "Reverse Racism" mind you... just Regular Racism.

Never forget... that you will *NEVER* be a human being to these people... you are merely "White"

I was a little confused with the Reverse Racism it is Racism but then it dosent quite have the same effect who would take any notice of anyone shouting your a reverse racist

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Actually the 650,000 figure is dead on accurate. The bulk of the millions were shipped to South America (mostly Brazil), Central America, and Caribbean islands.

Nonetheless, it was still completely wrong- for all parties involved.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

I do love when people try to use that "Well it was Africans who sold their own people into slavery" junk. Of course that's a fact. It's common knowledge. Doesn't change that it was the Europeans who took them into slavery for hundreds of years and committed all kind of atrocities against them.

Yeah! If you want to talk about slavery, why don't you give our friends in the Middle East and North Africa an "honorable mention"? From 650 AD to 1900 AD it is estimated that they took over 18 million slaves from Africa, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, the United States, and many other countries.

Of the estimated 12 million slaves the came to the Americas, only 650,000 ended up in the United States, yet we are often considered the "bad guys" when it comes to slavery. I wonder how many of those that were descended from that 650,000 would be willing to accept a one way ticket back to the land of their "roots". I'll bet there wouldn't be very damn many! Instead of whining and crying about the past, they should be thankful those days are long gone.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 28-6-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo
650,000? LMAO. Better recheck those numbers sir, because you're WAY off. Would you accept a one-way ticket back to your ''roots''? Your ancestors were of European descent, so save your home turf crap.

An estimated 12 million Africans arrived in the Americas from the 16th to the 19th centuries. Of these, an estimated 645,000 were brought to what is now the United States.

The usual estimate is that about 15 per cent of slaves died during the voyage, with mortality rates considerably higher in Africa itself in the process of capturing and transporting indigenous peoples to the ships. Approximately 6 million black Africans were killed by others in tribal wars

Slavery/Americas

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

That and the first American to own a slave was black. He made it legal to keep slaves. But it's easier to have a scapegoat.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Oh. "Only" 650,000. How silly of anyone to be upset about such a small number.

I said "only" because I sincerely feel they were the fortunate few. If you disagree, please explain why.

I'd love to see your source for these numbers, though.

I'm up to that challenge. Here you go! I hope you're pleased.

And no one is denying the Arab slave trade of the Africans.

Hell, no one ever seems to mention it! I feel that's the same as denying it! Now you seem to be ignoring the enslavement of those that weren't from Africa, why?

because he is a racist he is putting his race first, I am white and dont have a problem with anybody putting there race first it seems natural to me

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
With an estimated 10 million slaves, 6.45% equates to approx 650,000. Still wrong though. Just didn't want to feed revisionist history.

Distribution of slaves (1519–1867)[91] Destination Percentage
Portuguese America 38.5%
British America (minus North America) 18.4%
Spanish Empire 17.5%
French Americas 13.6%
British North America 6.45%
English Americas 3.25%
Dutch West Indies 2.0%
Danish West Indies 0.3%

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sure can feel the love in here. It's almost sad, but hey, it is what it is. There will never be unity among us Americans, or even humans, for that matter. We keep this kind of crap going and TPTB are going to hand us our collective asses. On behalf of TPTB, keep up the good work!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

wrong person, eskoozuh meh
edit on 29-6-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Oh, and another thing. Pride in one's race has always baffled me, because it's pride in something that YOU had absolutely NOTHING to do with. You just happen to be born in that particular uniform. People need to really get over themselves. With all this crap headed our way REAL SOON, we, as AMERICANS, better get a grasp on what's really important, and it doesn't have jacksh!* to do with what friggin' color you are.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

lol
was watching a youtube video today about some
teacher who was told off for using a different word with a different meaning to the n-word but sounds exactly the same when you say it

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Proof?

Considering "reverse racism" would be more accurately defined as preferential treatment based on race, as opposed to hatred based on race:
I feel that a good look at "Afirmative Action" should more than fulfill your need for proof.

I'll believe it when white people are rounded up on ships against their will and shipped off to Africa to slave away.

I reckon it's time to start believing then:

A new study suggests that a million or more European Christians were enslaved by Muslims in North Africa between 1530 and 1780 – a far greater number than had ever been estimated before.

Source
The number of Whites taken to Africa IS SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER than the number of Blacks brought to the United States!

If it hadn't been for Blacks in Africa, the "Atlantic Slave Trade" would never have started. Blacks are, at the least, just as responsible for the "Atlantic Slave Trade" as Whites are! Anyone that say's any different is only being willfully ignorant!

For your reading enjoyment, here is a link regarding the "African Slave Trade".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

650,000? LMAO. Better recheck those numbers sir, because you're WAY off.

I provided a source in this post. Where is yours?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
reply to post by Skyfloating

I don't think that's supposed to be the implication at all. I think it's pointing out how some White people love to cry reverse racism (while almost always denying that racism itself exists) when what they are complaining about isn't "reverse racism" in the least bit. Then it points out in a very humorous way what would be necessary to exist for White people to truly experience full racism as, for instance, Black people experienced it for hundreds of years. It's basically trying to educate some White people to full the list of atrocities that Black people have experienced in the past few hundred years.

That's my take on it.

Hmmm - well my take on it is we did you an enormous favour taking you out of Africa, the slaves we did take were bought from either fellow (often cannabal) Africans or Arab slavers - the numbers we took were tenfold less than the Arabs, and were far far better treated! - you might think to ask where all the descendents of the slaves taken to Arabia and China are?!

We were the ones who eventually declared and policed an international ban on slavery - though it is still an instittution in parts of the Arab world - and most assuredly will be again if they ever get their global Caliphate.

Europeans suffered from centuries of predation by arab slave traders as well - some 3 million of us - plus serfdom, indentured servitude and extremely harsh working conditions ..........................................BUT WE MOVED ON!!!!

In any event - if you can't bear the white man anymore - fine go and live exclusively with yo bro's - say Detroit - or maybe back to Africa and see what real tribalism is like.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

"If it hadn't been for Blacks in Africa, the "Atlantic Slave Trade" would never have started.

Blacks are, at the least, just as responsible for the "Atlantic Slave Trade" as Whites are!

Anyone that say's any different is only being willfully ignorant!"

Are you trolling right now? Serious question.

Ugh, I hate race debates.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Wait a minute!!!!

Your telling me..... Africans build ships, so that they could travel to America ( and dump many of them into the sea while chained together is they became sick ) and sell their kin to other africans?

Thats news to me!!!!
I thought white people had something to do with it some how...

Go figure. We are talking about history here right??

You do realize that Africans ensalved other African's right ?

They would go and brutally kill off parts of the tribe, rape the women, enslave who was left and sell those slaves to the white man , who would continue to do things just as bad ...even worse as the ones mentioned.

I don't think most black people even know about this. They think it was some white guys with guns just over took them..

It happened in some parts , but Slavery already existed in Africa. The White man did not invent slavery. they just took advantage of something very evil and cruel.

Both people are too blame. White people know that what their ancestors did was bad ( well most do ), but I don't think black people realize that if their ancestors weren't salves here, they would have been slaves in Africa either way.

Both sides are misinformed . Stop arguing and fighting.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Basically what I am hearing...is Blacks need to get over it..
Native Americans...get over it..

Yet when it comes to the Jewish holocaust...Never forget. 9/11 never forget.

So you people use the never forget cry...when it suits you...

Actually what the Israelis say is 'never again' - which is why they now have their own nation after MILLENIA of constant persecution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join