It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melatonin and the Master Gland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Whenever I have modified my melatonin levels to higher thresholds, I've noticed I have more intuition. Connecting certain dots randomly, and getting that 'Aha' feeling.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I think what would be better is how to make your brain produce more melatonin by itself so we don't have to rely on outside sources

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid365

Meditation causes it to produce more melatonin...which is also what helps to generate certain brainwaves.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey been considering buying some melatonin for a while now, i read that some companys put bad stuff in some of the melatonin products, and was just wondering if u knew wich product would be the best to buy?... Not sure if its against forum rules, but if u could write it here or pm me that would be great!...

Also have u noticed a change in sleep patterns / dreams, im really struggling to maintain lucid atm... I sleep so bad at night, wake up like 15 times a night. great thread though! S&F!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's also supposed to make you lose weight without eating less.

www.livestrong.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

It's helped by the L-Tyrosine and it's effect on your thyroid gland.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Been taking Melatonin for about 5 years now - first month had the freakiest dreams ever but after that they stopped. Can't sleep without it now.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

It works extremely well in conjunction with the L-Theanine, Niacin, Serotonin(5-HTP), L-Tryptophan, and a few others.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

It works extremely well in conjunction with the L-Theanine, Niacin, Serotonin(5-HTP), L-Tryptophan, and a few others.

Like im not a doctor but it also seems good for stress & blood flow. I hate Sunday nights cause of work Monday but load up on the Melatonin Sunday around 9pm & it mellows you out & look forward to going to sleep. Its good stuff - no doubt!
edit on 30-6-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It does indeed help with your blood flow; bodybuilders often use it with L-Arginine when working out.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ok I admit that I did not read page 2 or 3 but I just wanted to jump to the end and tell you about me. In 1990 I had brain surgery. After the surgery and a recovery time I found that I could no longer control my anger.

One day a truck cut me off at a stop light. And I had all the symptoms of road rage. I chased him down yelling the whole way and when I finally got him to pull over I jumped out of my care and ran over to the truck and was going to beat the hxxx out of him. I got to the door of the truck and saw a man driving, a woman scared more than I have ever seen a scared woman, and a little girl maybe 5 or 6 also scared. The man put it in gear and was gone.

After this insentience I was ashamed of myself so I went to the doctor and told him the story. He put me on a SSRI as his theory was that my levels of serotonin was low due to the surgery. He also advised that I would have low levels for the rest of my life as the part of my brain that regulates it was partially removed. I was on the SSRI for a month. I will tell you that these drugs take your soul away. You do not care. You feel no remorse for bad things that you do. If it is easier to steal than pay you steal. No morals to worry about. You are an animal and that is it. After a month on this I threw the SSRI out and decided that I needed to just try harder to control my anger (with little positive results).

About 8-9 months later I was having sleeping problems. I was working the graveyard shift drink lots of coffee and things got all messed up through the holidays. So to help me sleep in the day I decided to take melatonin and b6. It did the trick but had a side affect of giving me small rapid fire trimmers from time to time. After a week I noticed that I was controlling my anger. I still got angry but no longer at a drop of a had and not to the extreme any more. I thought I was just controlling it and did not associate it with the melatonin. After my sleep returned normal I stopped taking the melatonin and b6. A week later my anger returned. So what was helping the melatonin or the B6. I started taking the B6 and no reduction in anger but I did get the trimmers. So what was helping was the melatonin. I have been taking 3Mg every night before bed ever since 1991 Feb.

I have later found out that when Serotonin is used by the body (uptake) during days, the parts are used to make Melatonin. And when the Melatonin is used at night it is used to make Serotonin. This seesaw is what caused my anger to disappear as the melatonin was used to make new serotonin. My system has a serotonin leek so I need the melatonin to keep the levels of serotonin up to where they need to be.

Side note: lack of weight gain I have not noticed. I gain the weight. As for the dreams I cannot answer that as since my surgery I have vivid dreams every night melatonin or no.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Veritas - you seem like an expert on this stuff...if you had to say what is the 1 best supplement to take w/Melatonin what would it be?

Cause i take a million of them as it is - i mean i see Trypophan should i go eat a Turkey or is Serotonin or is it something else... essentially like to sleep & workout and have the psychic ability to pick the correct lottery numbers.

No pressure just would like your recommendation.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Melatonin is best supplemented with either 5-HTP, or L-Tryptophan, and L-Theanine. Theanine and Melatonin is great, because Theanine helps promote Alpha brain waves, as does Melatonin.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

Could still be dependent on dietary measures....If something in your normal eating habits is conflicting with it, like eating bread, drinking fluoridated water, etc. You can still gain weight, as they are going to be pushing against you. Can be a host of reasons for the weight, however in massive doses, like the injections for cancer; you could lose massive amount of weight. This is how I suspect people like Drew Carey and Jonah Hill lost so much weight in a short period of time...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Melatonin is best supplemented with either 5-HTP, or L-Tryptophan, and L-Theanine. Theanine and Melatonin is great, because Theanine helps promote Alpha brain waves, as does Melatonin.

Awesome - thanks!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Anytime, be sure to check back and let me know how you all do.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Thanks for the advice,and for the post.I will certainly give it a try.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Love this thread

I'm definitely in need of some melatonin, I'm going to get some on Monday. When I looked at the website of the health shop nearby, I was amazed to read about how this supplement MAY help with other ailments, for anyone interested link is below, sorry if this info is already here somewhere...

www.hollandandbarrett.ie...~default

Click on number 2 - Melatonin>Uses

edit on 14-7-2012 by paradisepurple because: link

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

I recently found out that it is capable of breaking down stones and etc in gallbladder illnesses...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Great thread! I want to thank you op for the information and just got two bottles of 5% lugols today. I am taking it for fluoride removal, remove brain fog. The other bottle for my mom is for same reasons and to help thyroid function.Hope this works!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join