It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide mail server crash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It seems that every mailserver in the world is down. Are you able to retrieve your mail? I'm certainly not. Neither of my mail accounts are responding. Neither POP nor any of my web-based mail providers. Any knowledge as to why?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

AF1

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My email account is working fine, but it would explain why I haven't gotten the emails I have been expecting.

*Edit*

I use Hotmail before anyone asks.

[Edited on 4-24-2003 by AF1]

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Neither my POP server, Yahoo! nor Mail.com servers are responding. Something is going on. I bet it's because of the widespread Outlook "patch" that's been spammed around the web lately that's causing it. They all (servers) seemed to go down at exactly 1 o'clock GMT nighttime. Wonder what the news might write about this if it's real...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
my yahoo works, i got a message earlier today. other than that i don't really use email. i talk to ppl on the phone, but more often i im ppl. that's still odd though

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes, it seems Yahoo! is up and running again, but it's incredibly slow, something that might indicate that they're on some kind of backup system. My POP account is still down though.

*err*

Yahoo! is down again. After I had logged in and tried to read one of the mails, I was asked to relogin. When I tried to do so, the server hung again.

*err*

Yahoo! seems to be up and running again in normal speed...

Pretty confusing...

Blessings,
Mikro

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My email has been working fine, both at home and work...

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Now everything seems to be in order again. Strange. All mail servers I tried to log in to hung.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My server (the one running this site) is fine.

No odd interruption in expected e-mail from others either.

Nothing reported here: isc.incidents.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So that was what was going on with our MSN account tonight!!! MSN Messenger said that we had X number of new email messages, however, when we checked the account, it said that the folder was empty...hmmm...go figure...

top topics

join