It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why New Agers are "Spiritually Dead" and not "Enlightened"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If Jesus was the lamb of God sent to take away the sins of the world and die for the sinner, that he, the lone sinner, might be reconciled to God according to the standard of a severe justice, and a tender mercy, expressed UNCONDITIONALLY according to God's great Love for the world of people - then this applies whether they believe in him, or not.

Oh God have mercy on the Bible thumper who would use your word, and your love, as a weapon with which to beat his fellow man. Amen.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Only men with hardened hearts see thousands of contradictions. In reality their are none...

You must be reading a different Bible, then.

Men see contradictions because they are using their critical thinking skills and free will to evaluate the Bible's pages. If you do not see the contradictions, perhaps it's because it is too painful for you to do so. It is never pleasant to face the possibility that what we have believed most of our lives has been a lie.

I am not saying God and Jesus did not exist. I'm saying it is more reasonable to approach the Bible with an open mind given it came into physical existence at the hands of men who existed thousands of years ago. Surely you know man can be easily manipulated by a number of things in his writings....his ego, his beliefs of that historical time period...fear....greed.....coercion......the list goes on.

To view this in "black and white" isn't really prudent.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
If Jesus was the lamb of God sent to take away the sins of the world and die for the sinner, that he, the lone sinner, might be reconciled to God according to the standard of a severe justice, and a tender mercy, expressed UNCONDITIONALLY according to God's great Love for the world of people - then this applies whether they believe in him, or not.

Oh God have mercy on the Bible thumper who would use your word, and your love, as a weapon with which to beat his fellow man. Amen.

You're killing me.....stop

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Jesus loves the little children.......... ALL THE LITTLE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD!

Even if you are a know it all lol

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Thank you and may God bless YOU for recognizing the magnitude of the humor of it, a sure sign if there ever was one that it rings true, because God, as I've come to know and love Him, has an unbelievable if not almost (but not quite) wicked sense of humor. He'd have to!

But oh the sorrows over what so-called Christians have done with him and in his name, over that there is nothing but sadness and sorrow and the spirit mourned, grievously.

BE-LIEVE, and CON-FESSSSS, or be DAMNED! (while turning the screw..)

If there is a devil, there's nothing he enjoys more than cloaking himself in the garb of Christ, not to win converts, but to scare the living beJesus out of everyone, while turning the flock into his own army of wolves in sheeps cloathing who use doctrine, not for love, not really, but instead for that deep seeded hatred that lurks in the heart of man for his fellow man, and what better way to wield Christ than as a sword to cut down, divide and conquor.. while presuming to proseletize in his very name - that's a different kind of laughter and it doesn't belong to God the laughter that rejoices in this twisting of the Great Work of Jesus Christ into a loveless weapon and oh what a miniscule and subtle twist it is - join our exclusive club or be damned to hell for all eternity!

As a recruitment methodology however, it really sucks, but as a sutble attack on the efficacy of the work of Jesus Christ it is most effective and if there's a devil I'm sure it pleases him to no end. If there's a devil, even if only a devil within, then he's very pleased with American fundamentalist conservative Christendom/Churchianity.

The spirit of Christ within however, is capable, if we would but listen to him, of completely transcending this ugly ruse, and re-issuing the great invitation of all ages, for a wedding reception, where the last shall be first, and the first, last.

edit on 25-6-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Only men with hardened hearts see thousands of contradictions. In reality their are none...

You must be reading a different Bible, then.

Men see contradictions because they are using their critical thinking skills and free will to evaluate the Bible's pages. If you do not see the contradictions, perhaps it's because it is too painful for you to do so. It is never pleasant to face the possibility that what we have believed most of our lives has been a lie.

I am not saying God and Jesus did not exist. I'm saying it is more reasonable to approach the Bible with an open mind given it came into physical existence at the hands of men who existed thousands of years ago. Surely you know man can be easily manipulated by a number of things in his writings....his ego, his beliefs of that historical time period...fear....greed.....coercion......the list goes on.

To view this in "black and white" isn't really prudent.

First of all, for anyone who watched the video that "auraelium" posted regarding details on the contradictions, why do you think so many of the stories in the Bible are repeated continuously? None of the contradictions change the outcome of the stories that are being told, they only change slightly in minor details that don't have any relevance in the outcome in the messages. This is why there are so many counts of the same stories being told by different people in the Bible.

If someone can find a contradiction in the MESSAGE being told, I would love to see it.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Colossians 2:2-3 says that in Christ is '...hidden all the treasure of wisdom and knowledge.'

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

I do believe that Christ often said you should worry about your own spiritual business more then others.

"And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Mark 16:15

Funny, Jesus didn't mention faith, trust or any of the other buzzwords many Christians use as requirements of salvation, he said if you want to be one of my disciples "love one another."

Just my opinion though.

Acts 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
STOP - in the name of Jesus Christ!

If you have not love, then you have nothing.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

American fundamentalist? I am from england.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Im going to stay out of this thread... simply because this is typical of the OP... and his style... sitting high and mighty on his throne looking down at anyone who isn't "Christian"

To those that consider themselves "new agers"... Do not take the OP seriously... Not only does he not know his own saviour... but he also does not realize that theres nothing "new" about this new age movement... And he does not know the love Jesus spoke of...

Do not take this thread to heart... The body can not live without the spirit...

We all have "the spirit" within... some of us just need to realize it

HE does not know what is in your hearts... ONLY you and God know that...

And people wonder why i don't consider myself to be "Christian"...

Well... its because of people like this...

Judge not lest ye be judged...

This thread is pure fail sauce

edit on 25-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

Yes, Jesus loves ALL the little children. That's not to say that they loved him back enough to study what he had to say in the Bible. Instead, they take the only text in which Jesus spoke and bash it while trying to prove it's irrelevance. I think it's kind of sad.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Really your going to stay out this thread yet try and attack me?

I think I specifically said that New Age was not actually new. Try reading my thread again.

You only have the Holy spirit if you have accepted Jesus into your heart. Not everyone has the Holy Spirit in them.

I am not judging anyone simply exposing the deceit found within the new age movement.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

And how has that got anything to do with this thread? Everyone posting on this thread is beyond the age of accountability.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have posted this before, thought it relevant to this thread...
Religious folks never cease to amaze me with their massive ego and repetitive talk, and the same tired threats of things they themselves made up to keep churches full.

Is Christianity is intolerant of other beliefs?
I have seen this intolerance many times, in this forum, and in real life.
Tell a Christian you are Wiccan, you very quickly are told that you work for Satan, or are in league with Satan, or Demons, or that you are a Demon, or are possessed by Demons. It is nearly the same if you tell a Christian you are a Buddhist, a Hindu, Taoist, or follow the Native American ways. Isn't it true, and the way if the Christ, that we shouldn't pass judgement on, or condemn these beliefs as being morally wrong? Or sinful?

Whether or not basic Christianity is true or false is a topic of much debate, which is clearly evident in this forum, and elsewhere. It is my contention that when a group, any group, claims to have an exclusive hold on TRUTH, we all tend to immediately doubt the claims of that group. Does Christianity and the OP make such a claim? Both claim that Jesus is the only way to God, basically stating that there is only the one path, and all other paths are either morally wrong, or sinful, or the direct path to Hell.

Christianity claims there is good evidence, and lots of it for the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. But truthfully, this evidence is mainly confined to the [canonized] New Testament texts and gospels which were retold from oral/verbal story-telling, (no doubt big in the days before Radio and TV) and various non-inspired written accounts of the life and death of Jesus. The Romans kept meticulous records of everything, and there are no records bearing the name, or the execution of Jesus, to the best of my knowledge. Also, do not forget, there were many men named Jesus at the time:
A Surfeit of Jesuses

I offer you, Hell, the real place Hell is based on.

Gehenna (Greek γέεννα), Gehinnom (Rabbinical Hebrew: גהנום/גהנם) and Yiddish Gehinnam, are terms derived from a place outside ancient Jerusalem known in the Hebrew Bible as the Valley of the Son of Hinnom (Hebrew: גֵיא בֶן־הִנֹּם or גיא בן-הינום); one of the two principal valleys surrounding the Old City.

In the Hebrew Bible, the site was initially where apostate Israelites and followers of various Ba'als and Caananite gods, including Moloch, sacrificed their children by fire (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2-6).

In Jewish, Christian and Islamic scripture, Gehenna is a destination of the wicked. This is different from the more neutral Sheol/Hades, the abode of the dead, though the King James version of the Bible translates both with the Anglo-Saxon word Hell.

Wiki Source
Sin: Not something one does, a Moon God and son of Enlil.
He has a beard of Lapis Lazuli and rides a winged bull. His consort is Ningal. He is the father of Shamash. He does not answer Gilgamesh's plea to restore Enkidu to life.
Note the Goddesses associated with Sin. Women even today are blamed for Original sin, and are considered to be in a state of punishment for this "sin."

“You are the devil's gateway!
you are the unsealer of that (forbidden) tree!
you are the first deserter of the divine law!
you are she who persuaded him (Adam) whom the devil was not valiant enough to attack!
You destroyed so easily God's image, man!
On account of what you deserved-that is, death-even the Son of God had to die!”

"And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (1 Timothy 2:14)

Christians will claim they have a religious experience which counts as good evidence for what they believe, like an inner witness of the Holy Spirit. This is so bogus of an argument it’s hard to even start. When a believer has a religious experience it is really hard, if not psychologically impossible, to argue him away from his beliefs.

How and Why Ancient Rulers Needed to Create a Universal Religion

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Funny, Jesus didn't mention faith, trust or any of the other buzzwords many Christians use as requirements of salvation, he said if you want to be one of my disciples "love one another."

Ephesians 2:8-9

8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

As I said my post will offend... The Bible says some people override their consciences until they are callused and unaffected (1 Timothy 4:2)... Only Christ can give people what they need emotionally, mentally and spiritually. We are not God and can never become enlightened by our own actions. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth.

First, how did I know there was going to be a whole lot of Bible verse spouting just by reading the title?

Second, you are correct, we cannot become enlightened by our own actions, it comes from grace. That means that the New Ager is afforded the same grace as the Hindu, Buddhist, or Jew, and Christian. One God, many perspectives. The Hindu does not have to accept Christ to become enlightened, and yet it is still by grace that they receive enlightenment. That aspect of Christianity that says that every other religion or perspective is wrong has always rubbed me the wrong way. God is too big to put in one box and the Christians don't have a monopoly on God.
edit on 25-6-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

There are 2 things every New Ager needs to know...

1) There is a God.

2) You are not him.

John 10:31-36

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Teacher, you have said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: Mark 12:32

Exodus 15:11 Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Exodus 18:11 Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods.

Joshua 24:14 Fear the Lord ... and put away the gods which your fathers served.

One God or Several Gods...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Ephesians 2:8-9

8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

He said Jesus didn't state. The quote you gave was of Paul.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Second, you are correct, we cannot become enlightened by our own actions, it comes from grace. That means that the New Ager is afforded the same grace as the Hindu, Buddhist, or Jew, and Christian. One God, many perspectives.

John 10:7-9

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

So, just out of curiosity, did any other deity give His life FOR HIS FOLLOWERS?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join