It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why New Agers are "Spiritually Dead" and not "Enlightened"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
Your entire argument is based on your own faith. and as such is an obvious and biased attempt to discredit anyone else's personal beliefs.

You try to define what 'New Age' spiritualists are, but the fact is that it the 'new age' label is just a coverall name to describe pretty much anyone that doesn't follow one of the well known mainstream religions, even agnostics.

WHY is it so very important to you to constantly make these kinds of posts?

Too bad if your wrong about your own beliefs hey, what would that mean for you?

The REAL truth is quite simply this: NO ONE REALLY KNOWS AND EVEN THE MOST ANCIENT OF RELIGIONS IS PURELY SPECULATIONS AND UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS BY PEOPLE LONG DEAD.

Believing in a given religion with such fervour is no different to condemming someone to death without first gathering evidence and having a trial.

Ditto. You read my mind.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I also think the Bible said...

"Judge not lest ye be judged"

And the judgmental tone of this post; I don't think will lead anyone to salvation. To mean spirited imo.

As I said my post will offend... The Bible says some people override their consciences until they are callused and unaffected (1 Timothy 4:2)... Only Christ can give people what they need emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

We are not God and can never become enlightened by our own actions. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth.

But with your judging of others; you are playing GOD.....pretty big shoes to fill don't ya think.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

We are not God and can never become enlightened by our own actions. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth.

Another way of saying that is to say that the ego-self is not the center of the psyche and can never unite with the center by it's own actions. It needs a mediator between it and the center.

Well...duh. No "New Ager" would claim otherwise.

I love religious fundamentalists as Children of God but man, their ignorance really taxes my patience sometimes.

Grow up already and get off the diet of exoteric milk...there is esoteric solid food waiting.

'I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren't ready for anything stronger. And you still aren't ready' 1 Corinthians 3:2

edit on 25-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by TechUnique

To death! lol

If read correctly one would understand that no one gos to hell and the alternative to heaven is being written out of the book of life (this is for those that deny being spiritual and only want carnal things) So its ether heaven or Nirvana. Ever lasting life with no pain and suffering. Or ever lasting nothingness with no pain and suffering.

The key here is "JESUS LOVES ALL HIS CHILDREN" No need for suffering lol

If your name isn't written in the "Lambs book of Life" then you will go to hell. People can only be written in the "Lambs book of life" if they have had faith and trusted in Jesus Christ for their salvation. The key here is that you've deceived yourself in thinking we simply cease to exist when we die. Nothing could be further from the truth.

How can you be his child if you have not had faith or trusted in him?
edit on 25-6-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

To believe and recieve everything that God in spirit has to offer through Christ, is to begin to realize the new age already, in whatever way however big or small (I think there's something about that "big or small" in Revelation).

It is an age of grace and spirit, and one whereby we need not leave our rational faculties behind, and Christ himself is the demarcation threshold for it's realization in time and history, it doesn't matter what a bunch of greedy pricks on Wall Street have done, or who the next President is, or even the Pope in Rome.

Heaven is a way of being, a state of mind, a peace not as the fallen world gives.

Why can't you see that the Revelation Generation is EVERY generation, and that the kingdom of heaven is here, now..?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Is this the God of abraham isaac and jacob or a God you made up in your mind? Have you trusted in Jesus as your lord and savior or do you think theirs another way to heaven but through him?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would be what you call new age. The bible may have at one point been divinely inspired, though man got his hands on it and the evil intention of man has no bounds.

Do I believe I am a god? Nope, not really. Am I part of God? I believe so.

I just don't believe in the wrathful, vengeful version of God.

I've come to the conclusion something created everything. Not just particles/light/atoms/etc, I'm thinking more on the line of emotion, consciousness, each individual soul. I can't conceive all the randomness of the universe to get what we have become today.

New Age gets a bad rap for some reason. I think it makes more sense than religions from man's distant past. To be honest though, what I get out of it is recognizing bad events/situations then put it behind me as the past can't be changed. Take it as a lesson and move on. Help out my fellow man when I can, and experience life.

My whole philosophy on life is to experience life with free will, good and bad times, so when at some point in the future I reach God I have a hell of a story to tell him from a unique perspective as I experienced it.

edit on 25-6-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You do understand that the universe is destroyed and recreated by Jesus, right?

And that when you die you "know nothing, see nothing and hear nothing" You know that place called purgatory that isn't an actual place but death waiting to be reborn?

When Jesus went to "Hell" after he was crucified, he didn't burn for all eternity in fire.... HE RESTED. AS IN DID NOTHING.

I said pretty please......?

link   
reply to post by BlueMule

The Bible says Jesus Christ is the only mediator. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 1 Timothy 2:5

So I am afraid your new age ways will not get you to heaven.

link   
Still no reply OP?..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Truly spiritual people don’t view themselves as spiritual at all.

Where did you come up with that? Are you just making this stuff up? Did you take a poll? lol

I think it's more likely that a true "spiritual master" does not go around claiming to be one. He seeks to teach others what he has learned....as opposed to presenting himself as some kind of spiritual leader. A spiritual master knows he will always have more to learn while living a physical existence.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Then again, as an evolutionary Christian mystic, I believe in the cosmological Christ as the personhood of God, who was, who is and who is to come - not a bearded man in the sky who, after the appropriate amount of death and destruction will come literally flying in, say at the leading edge of a bunch of UFO's, and scare the living crap (the beJesus?) out of everyone, until they all repent and every knee bows at the sight of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Probably because Jesus stated that "WE ARE ALL HIS CHILDREN" Thats how.

You know that arrogance is a carnal sin right?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by BlueMule

The Bible says Jesus Christ is the only mediator. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 1 Timothy 2:5

So I am afraid your new age ways will not get you to heaven.

There, you did it. You took Jesus into your hand as a knife, and cut in.

I am not with you, but abide in the love of God through Jesus Christ, who is the very spirit of truth and life and love that remains for all generations and from age to age.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Stepping out to go to the store. I will continue this when I get back.

Oh before I go..... Every thing we as humans do is a carnal sin. If we are not constantly worshiping the LORD we are sinning. Eating is a sin, reading is a sin, sleeping is a sin, talking is a sin, breathing is a sin etc etc

link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

You do understand that the universe is destroyed and recreated by Jesus, right?

And that when you die you "know nothing, see nothing and hear nothing" You know that place called purgatory that isn't an actual place but death waiting to be reborn?

When Jesus went to "Hell" after he was crucified, he didn't burn for all eternity in fire.... HE RESTED. AS IN DID NOTHING.

I said pretty please......?

This is what you need to know:

1. There is an afterlife.
2. Jesus didn't go to hell.
3. When a person dies, they will be judged and spend an eternity in hell for there sins. Or they have been covered by the blood of Christ and there name is written in the Lambs book of life.

link   

God tells us that our spirits are dead!

The Holy Spirit describes unsaved people as having been dead men and women who were walking around.

Well I am a bit confused first you say spirits are dead. Then, you begin talking about taking advice from the holy spirit. So, are spirits dead or just all spirits that are not the holy spirit? It seems like in the end your entire thread is nothing more then you saying "all of you who have different spiritual beliefs from mine are spiritually dead because my spiritual system says so."

I am not knocking your faith or belief and even respect your right to believe what you want, but why do you feel the need to knock others beliefs? Really it's not very Christian in my opinion. I mean I do believe that Christ often said you should worry about your own spiritual business more then others. I recall something about removing a beam from your own eye before taking specks out of others, etc.

I do agree that Jesus had some great philosophies and teachings and I would say that I listen to his words to determine who is really with him or not.

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35)

Funny, Jesus didn't mention faith, trust or any of the other buzzwords many Christians use as requirements of salvation, he said if you want to be one of my disciples "love one another."

Just my opinion though.

edit on 25-6-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Then again, as an evolutionary Christian mystic, I believe in the cosmological Christ as the personhood of God, who was, who is and who is to come - not a bearded man in the sky who, after the appropriate amount of death and destruction will come literally flying in, say at the leading edge of a bunch of UFO's, and scare the living crap (the beJesus?) out of everyone, until they all repent and every knee bows at the sight of it.

What? No trumpets sounding from the heavens when Jesus comes flying down from the sky on his white horse like the Bible says?!

OH, THE HUMANITY!!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

1. There is an afterlife.
2. Jesus didn't go to hell.
3. When a person dies, they will be judged and spend an eternity in hell for there sins. Or they have been covered by the blood of Christ and there name is written in the Lambs book of life.

OK, so what did Jesus mean when he said that we must become as little children to, enter in..?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
How about these based on my experiences and studies and my life.

1. There is no Hell.
2. Jesus is not the only path to God. Although, he is one and many find comfort in Christian Churches.
3. There is nothing wrong with cutting out the middle man/men and going straight to God.
4. The Bible is so convoluted and confusing as to be an unreliable map to true spirituality. At least for me.
5. When I keep things simple like asking God for direction and thanking him/her for everything that I have, life is usually much better.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join