It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House congratulates Egypt's Morsi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

White House congratulates Egypt's Morsi

www.politico.com

The White House congratulated Egypt's president-elect Mohamed Morsi (Muslim Brotherhood) on his victory in that country's presidential election, calling it a "milestone" in the country's transition to democracy.
President Obama called Morsi Sunday evening, telling him that the United States would stand by Egypt in its transitional period — and said that he looked forward to working together
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Of course Obama would give salutations to the Muslim Brotherhood. After all, they have already been invited in the WH and I would not be supprised if they and Obmaa have not shared a meal of camel and goat to celibrate the victory of turning Egypt into a radical terrorist state on the southern edge of Israel. The hostility toward Israel is already evident and Obama must be exceedingly happy about his brothers advances in the middle east and added pressures against Israel.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I don't think I could see Reagan calling up Egypt and saying great job electing the Muslim Brotherhood!

Pulease.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I don't think I could see Reagan calling up Egypt and saying great job electing the Muslim Brotherhood!

Pulease.

So Reagan would have been happier to see a country being oppressed under a dictatorship? If you like.

Are you chanelling his thoughts by any chance? You seem convinced what he would or wouldn't do.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Are you actually saying the Muslim brotherhood is not a dictatorship? That is my whole point...Obama is congratulating Egypt on "electing" a dictatorship and calling it democracy...this is ridiculous....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sharia Law and Democratic rule? Must be kidding?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

You know, considering that Reagan is dead, I don't think I could see it either.

Egypt electing someone from the Muslim Brotherhood is absolutely no different that The Christian Coalition getting a politician elected.

Fact is, there's not a whole lot of difference between Radical Islam and the Far Right Wing agenda. The small number of differences are overwhelmed by the large numbers of commonalities. The only major difference between the two is the book they spew their hate from.

We backed Mubarak for decades in Egypt, a dictator. Just cause he was friendly to us, doesn't mean he was any less of a dictator, we backed Hussein too for the longest time, before he bit the hand that fed him and we had to put him down like the dog he was.

& the whole death to Israel thing is just politics in the middle east. I wouldn't pay much attention to that. Attacking Israel is the same as attacking the US. Most rulers in the middle east just aren't that crazy.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Are you actually saying the Muslim brotherhood is not a dictatorship? That is my whole point...Obama is congratulating Egypt on "electing" a dictatorship and calling it democracy...this is ridiculous....

At the moment, as it was democratically elected, then yes, it's a democracy. If you don't agree with that then please take a second away from ATS and peruse a dictionary. You are stating your opinion as if it's a fact. You don't vote for a dictatorship - although I know you will now try and come up with a smart arse comment to say otherwise - knock yourself out, have fun, but you are just venting anti Obama spleen for the sake of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I love how some people only like a democracy if they elect someone who thinks like they do.

Here is a newsflash...the people of Egypt can elect whoever they want. As the leader of our country, Obama should recognize and congratulate anyone who has won a democratic election...even if we don't personally agree with their viewpoint.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan thought for himself.none have since.It is wise to congratulate them, I do agree however.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Show me an islamist nation thats a democracy and Ill provide you with 72 muslim virgins

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Muslim Brotherhood assassinated Sadat, injured Mubarak and thrust Mubarak into power in 1981.

It took a little over 3 decades, but they finished the job.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The Muslim Brotherhood assassinated Sadat, injured Mubarak and thrust Mubarak into power in 1981.

It took a little over 3 decades, but they finished the job.

Perhaps they did, perhaps they didn't. Not sure if that is conjecture or can be proven with absolute fact. Given the track record of the CIA (using the same mixture of conjecture and fact) of keeping the regime of countries where the USA has/had an interest, the words pot and kettle do come to mind though.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah, it's funny how the USA is decrying the election decision. But like it or not, it isn't our right to tell others how to vote and who to elect. We can only hope for the best, otherwise we are playing God. And God knows, the USA isn't the greatest judge or jury in the world and has made plenty of bad choices in trying to control other countries and it's own citizens. However, I do hope we are prepared to defend ourselves if need be. That also is our basic human right.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I believe that many people are hiding their heads in a bag to keep from seeing exactly what he is. They think if they can't see it, it isn't there. I do know this is a common disease, hiding from the truth

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
and when Prime Minister V. Putin was elected democratically too office,, what message did the WH send?,, or did they even bother?
I think there may be some European Countries who might view this as aiding and giving comfort too the enemy,,, for some Countries.
time America left the Middle East,, too wiser planners.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Pulease.

So Reagan would have been happier to see a country being oppressed under a dictatorship? If you like.

Are you chanelling his thoughts by any chance? You seem convinced what he would or wouldn't do.

They just traded one evil for another , you know what they say about that . You are better with the evil you know than the one you don't . May God help Egypt because they are in for a rude awakening and he non Muslim populations will be the first targets .

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Obama praises Islamic takeover. Not a word from Obama about the woman who was beaten to death by her husband for not voting for the Islamic takeover. This is the kind of government he believes in and approves of.. Wake up, women, and smell the coffee

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join