It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more worship of the troops

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

People should be discouraged from joining the military.

Maybe, but if a nasty war does break out, there's something called the "draft". A professional army of volunteers will always do better than those forced to join. Look at our history, wars have been around since day one.

Politicians should be forced to use diplomacy more often, rather than just send in the troops.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

like I said...i'll repeat it for you.

War is MULTIFACETED.

Military Operations are ONE facet.

Even with no military, War will continue.

as a matter of fact...all countries are already reducing / restructuring their military as they are impractical in the modern world. but no one believes in the fairy tale of no war because it is not sane.

that NATO operation in Afghanistan has gone on for 11 years; longer than WWI and II combined and military operations play a minimal role.

the only reason people need to be able to blame soldiers is because if they don't; they have to blame themselves.

and y'all are never wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Was I right in this response?

No, you were not wrong.

If some dude or dudette who still wears the uniform fails to meet expectations the excuse "I served" or whatever doesn't inexplicably dismiss blatant disregard to one's obligations.

At any rate your response seemed proportionate to the excuse--that is, it neither exceeded nor failed to meet its purpose. And it sounds like the guy/gal pulled thru the rebuke without too much bruising. All in all it sounds to me like responsible supervision/leadership on your part. No need to doubt yourself for that.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by neo96

Way to avoid my point. I asked you specifically how the Iraq and Afghan wars are protecting americans freedom, as you claimed.

Obviously you cant defend that ridiculous claim, so as usual, you move the goal posts.

Way to make the poster the topic really "golf clap".

Want to point out anywhere where i claimed "Iraq and Afghanistan is protecting our freedom".

Go on.

The only thing that was done was twisting a post,

edit on 24-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by BrianDamage
And if nobody joined the military, they'd have nobody to send.

And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free today to be posting on the internet.
And if nobody joined the military, then you wouldn't be free to worship (or not) as you wish.
And if nobody joined the military, then you'd be either dead or enslaved by someone else's
military and they wouldn't be treating you well at all.

The FACT is that there are entities in the world - both government and ideologically orientated - that want the free Western world not to be free. They want to impose their rule of law or religion over you. that's just the truth. Troop-bashers ignorantly forget the FACT that this is real. :shk: Having a strong military is a deterant to those who wish to impose themselves on us and to destroy our society and our freedoms.

That's the truth. Deal with it.

ah i long for the day people with this mindset die out. If no one joined the military(not just referring to american s but all earthlings) who would be there to enslave anyone?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I was going through my past Facebook timeline, and came across a video I'd linked from YouTube last year.

It highlights the parallels that exist between contemporary America and Canada, and Nazi Germany. It also clearly shows the role that adulation of the military has played in both cases.

Every single time the claim is made, that every day is Memorial Day, said claim must be countered. If it is said one hundred trillion times that every day is Memorial Day, it must be said one hundred trillion and one, that every day is not.

I don't know whether or not humanity will ever be freed from the shadow of psychopathic fascism; but I do know that the first step towards reaching that condition, is to cease our worship of both the military, and war itself. The military do not prevent the scenario of global fascism from becoming a reality; in fact, they serve to bring that scenario closer.
edit on 24-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

figures....Obama bashing...equating him with hitler...hope and change...equating that with singing hitler youth
hey....why don't we just start calling this website what it is...A RIGHT-WING BLOG

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The difference is German troops worshipped Hitler’s ideology of genocide. Our troops worship the one true God and Jesus Christ King of Kings along with the general population. We are so thankful brave men have fought and died so losers can have the freedom to create threads to disgrace their heroic actions and unselfish sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Your arms aren't the reason you are still alive...the things being fought are not defeated with rocks...no matter how fancy the rock is; I suppose after 11 years in Afghanistan this hasn't dawned upon you.

you may not have asked anyone to defend you, but eventually...you would have. but now you don't have to. I hope you enjoy the life you can't create for yourself.

Why should I read things that are not much more than the most recent in a series of overdone cut and paste nonsense? Just because a few sentences got moved around and a different name is given credit for the contents does not make it original, its not hot or trending information.

and it still doesn't change the fact that the military doesn't start or win wars; politicians and the general population does. the military just goes to far off places to get shot at all day, while the people that sent them there sit around and debate the situation without end.

when you have to resort to nonsense in order to maintain your argument it's best just to shut up

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

Maybe, but if a nasty war does break out, there's something called the "draft". A professional army of volunteers will always do better than those forced to join. Look at our history, wars have been around since day one.

Politicians should be forced to use diplomacy more often, rather than just send in the troops.

a brave man would take his prison time over fighting a bull# war. a spineless man will do what he's told

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

a brave man would take his prison time over fighting a bull# war. a spineless man will do what he's told

So you would let a nazi kick in your door, kill your family and send you to a concentration camp? You live in lala land.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That bit where she talks about Von Braun? That is the scariest part.

My problem has always been that after WWII America, as well as other nations like Russia, fell all over themselves to bring home the Nazi technology and men in charge of Nazi state apparatus. Its like we absorbed the Nazi state into our American flesh. It has been spreading like a cancer ever since. The V1 and V2 programs became our cruise missiles and ICBMs. The Jet engine, Autobahn and space programs all grew from their Nazi "beginnings". So much of our current war technology is incorporated directly from Nazi technology.

The state apparatus of security, policing and spying also grew from the many nameless and faceless personnel brought into "hiding" in America and used to build what has eventually matured into our current sad state of affairs.

And now to come full circle we are indeed become the New World Order, The new "Fourth Reich". Only we are becoming even worse then they ever were.

We don't need death camps, we have "Sanctions", B52's and Depleted Uranium. We don't need "prison camps" we have the largest privately run prison system in the world. And we don't need to declare "Deutchland Ubbe Alles", (Germany for all) we have "Democracy".

Our lies are worse, our intentions as evil, and the end result can only be the same. Empires always end up on the ash heap of history.

link   

all soldiers should be drafted from the wealthiest families first, the more wealth you have the closer to #1 in line you are....adopt that for every country, and war will end real soon

link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
Some of you military bashers need to put your heads on straight.

Fact: Politicians and Lawmakers and by extension the people that elected them are responsible for the wars.

the soldiers that fight in them do what is asked of them and are not capable starting a war;

It's you who needs to get your head on straight. The media and politicians promote sympathy and ardent support for soldiers, as it gives them license to wage war.

Without this garbage support for "the soldiers" there would be no war. People aren't willing to go against wars because they support "the troops"

The soldiers that fight in them are glorified hitmen and should be known as such.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

that's your response to what I wrote?

here's some advice from me.

learn to follow your own advice.

most of you don't even know where you are or how you got here. so don't tell me what to share or not share.

and its not an argument...its an opinion.

but your post is another example of the mentally and emotionally violent people that frequent these threads while at the same time claiming to be peaceful.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

By attrition of Al Quaida in Afghanistan and Pakistan where ever detected them we kill them.This has been a largely chaotic mission against an asymmetrical enemy that has had free reign to do as it pleases.Up to and including playing on western sympathies by hiding amongst civilians.It has been a success.However in doing so we have alienated Muslims who are of the opinion we hate them all when in fact I don't and most are in agreement.
We are now moving into a second cold war with China,with an operational and doctrinal shift to the Pacific to engage in a confrontation while the middle east is being put back in NATOS lap as Iran is to implode before they get nuke or we will destroy their abilities.
The Brotherhood thing to Israel is a bad idea and they are just showing a strong face I'm sure

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Oh go back to World of Warcraft... I don't think anyone is worshiping the troops as you put it. But none the less I think they do deserve some measure of respect simply for being the ones to go and do something that a lot of people here are afraid to do.

You can disagree with the motive behind combat, but do not go around taking it out on the troops who are just following orders... Oh and do not take away a soldiers belief that he is protecting his family or fighting for their freedom, if nothing else thats why the soldiers are fighting, and it allows them to provide for their families.

And you need to rethink that line about Nazi Germany buddy.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

first off...

to what war are you referring.

as quiet as its kept...the United States isn't involved in any wars.

Rick Perry suggested during his campaign that he would re-invade Iraq if elected.

everytime John McCain gets on television he's suggesting a stronger line with someone....

Politicians manage wars, only Politicians can declare war. No military adventure could possibly be successful without Political support. and all political power ultimately resides with the constituency....

People start the wars, when they lose as you certainly have...they try and hang the corpse around the neck of the soldier.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The Canadian government is a joke. The Queen of England still owns 80% of the land here and has the power to suspend parliament, which she has done 3 times over the last 4 years to prevent our Bilderberger Scrumbag Prime Minister Stephen Harper from being ousted by opposition. Democracy is a complete illusion.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I agree.

I think the entire american military should disband.

Give the people what they want and thats that.

And pray!!!!!!! The other countries who wish death upon our country, way of life, and freedoms DONT take advantage of us.

I mean you know, having no military means we are safe from other countries wanting to take over us because we have no military.

Yep..... Makes sense to me.

Disband the military.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

It's you who needs to get your head on straight. The media and politicians promote sympathy and ardent support for soldiers, as it gives them license to wage war.

Without this garbage support for "the soldiers" there would be no war. People aren't willing to go against wars because they support "the troops"

The soldiers that fight in them are glorified hitmen and should be known as such.

Lol wow dude.. its very easy for you to pass judgment from a computer chair eh? War happens because humanity is vain, impetuous and power hungry. if you want wars to stop.. get rid of humanity.

Clearly you are naive about what has started most wars in history. you know things like territorial disputes, bickering over resources.. and in some cases just thinking they are a master race. Do you honestly believe that if we stopped all military actions and kept to ourselves, that at some point some country out there wouldn't want to take a stab at what the world regards as the last super power?

And it is possible to support the troops but still be against the wars...do you really think every single soldier right now is 100% behind these wars?
for your sake as well as ATS get a clue.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join