It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Half of teachers forced to feed pupils going hungry at home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Source

Now this is sad. Most parents are sending their kids out to school without feeding them.
Because things are tough.

And most teacher, with already meager pay, are paying for food for their kids out of pocket.

In the survey of 591 teachers across Britain who belong to the online Guardian Teacher Network, 49% said they have taken food or fruit into school to give to children who have not had breakfast. Almost one in five (17%) have given such pupils money out of their own pockets to buy lunch.

Talk about teachers being stuck in a ever worse growing situation.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Meanwhile the queen spends 1 Billion Euros on her Jubilee celebrations and asks for a raise from the British people cause they can't pay the heating bills?

Disgusting.

The priorities in 1st world nations are all kinds of messed up.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah there's a lot of 1st world problems out there.

Sometimes we lose sight of the real problems in the world.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Most are still running on energy from big macs from the night before, as the west seems
to get ever more interested in social networks than giving kids breakfast instead they answer emails

My two english pounds worth

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I know times are tough, but who the hell in their right mind would not feed their kids as their first and most important priority?

This shows that some parents are scumbags and that these teachers exemplify the good that we should all emulate!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

This is the important news that needs to be discussed that really matters, not distracting BS like zombies, cannibals, wag the dog Syrian memes etc etc.

I think the MSM is criminally negligent in this department, or at a minimum morally negligent.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I know times are tough, but who the hell in their right mind would not feed their kids as their first and most important priority?
The ones who are addicted to silly facebook...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by grey580

This is the important news that needs to be discussed that really matters, not distracting BS like zombies, cannibals, wag the dog Syrian memes etc etc.

I think the MSM is criminally negligent in this department, or at a minimum morally negligent.

Yes i too am fed up with zombie sh*t this is a more important topic
that needs addressing ..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

This shows that some parents are scumbags and that these teachers exemplify the good that we should all emulate!

Or it shows what I see in the states: people think having kids is a right that only a facist would question. The reality is people need to begin assessing just how many little mouths they can care for, but that cannot occur until we depart from our welfare mentality.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Source

Now this is sad. Most parents are sending their kids out to school without feeding them.
checking silly emails from social networking sites play a big factor.
Do you agree or?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by grey580
Source

checking silly emails from social networking sites play a big factor.
Do you agree or?

I see a lot of Moms and Dad's when they are with their kids, glued to their blackberries/iphones - sad.

I think the "social networking site" label is a misnomer, sites like facebook should be labelled "Nacissists R Us".

People are so concerned with status, approval, recognition - do people really think anyone else gives a rats ass about the minutae of their lives?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Gooo- you crazy son of a bitch, you are right!
I see it all the time when i used to pull women from clubs.Microwave meals
and mcdonalds because they cannot be bothered to

1 Cook a proper meal
2 prize themselfs off face book
3 prepare breakfast .

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

But God forbid anyone even suggest that some people shouldn't have a right to have children - then everyone goes all gonzo-crazy.... Should these scumbag parents be allowed to give birth to children that they in turn neglect???

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I worked in a middle school, albeit in america, but I can tell you first hand, that this is absolutely true. I do not know a single teacher who has not provided food for a kid at one point or another.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

People are so concerned with status, approval, recognition - do people really think anyone else gives a rats ass about the minutae of their lives?

In truth you are right no one really cares just stupid i did this, she did that, we went here, we went there
drivel.Freightened to death they are gonna miss out on something so most just give the child
if they are lucky a microwave meal or stupid buscuits to eat.Get off your ass you lazy
parents and prepare your childs brekkie.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Gooo- you crazy son of a bitch, you are right!
I see it all the time when i used to pull women from clubs.Microwave meals
and mcdonalds because they cannot be bothered to

1 Cook a proper meal
2 prize themselfs off face book
3 prepare breakfast .

Ha - you're funny man! I'm sure we could sit down and enjoy a few laughs and some serious conversations over a few beers - you remind me of some of my buds.

For single women I don't think this is a big deal - but for those with kids - and for Dads - the kids should be the priority. They don't have to consume your life. But what is wrong with living in a smaller house and having one parent stay at home with the kids or work part-time?

I used to be single and have a lot of fun - but now I have a child and realize what an enormous responsibility and privelege it is to raise them.

My priorities have changed. I will consider it the biggest failure in life to have not raised my child well - and their needs are fairly simple - attention, love, sleep, nutrition and some mental/physical stimulation. And I can't count on anyone else to provide it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I am flagging and starring as this is a good thread one i definitley like to post on regarding
our children ..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There's a little boy going into 2nd grade that waits at the bus stop with my kids. His mom leaves for work shortly before the bus comes, so she's there to feed him, yet almost every morning, he pulls out his lunch pack and eats something out of it because he hasn't had breakfast. The school offers breakfast but it isn't free. I understand busy single moms, but if you don't have time to feed your child breakfast in the morning, or at least give him a dollar to eat at school, there's something wrong with that.

I'm the only parent of all the kids that go to that stop that actually feeds my kids in the morning. The others eat when they get to school, which is fine I guess but I just can't imagine not feeding my kids breakfast in the morning. One girl comes out nearly every day munching on either a bag of candy or chips or some junk with a soda in her hand. Her mom's with her, so it's apparent she doesn't care. Who lets their 9 year old child eat a candy bar and a Coke before going to school? Sometimes I feel like society is slowly going insane and I can only hope it doesn't take me with it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I have children and not alot of money however like you i always make sure they get
Fed clothed attention and time ..For christs sake an apple banana sandwhich takes
five minutes planetx .I like your post about your kids, good on you.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I have children and not alot of money however like you i always make sure they get
Fed clothed attention and time ..For christs sake an apple banana sandwhich takes
five minutes planetx .I like your post about your kids, good on you.

You too man! Cheers!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join