It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Half of teachers forced to feed pupils going hungry at home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
There's a little boy going into 2nd grade that waits at the bus stop with my kids. His mom leaves for work shortly before the bus comes, so she's there to feed him, yet almost every morning, he pulls out his lunch pack and eats something out of it because he hasn't had breakfast. The school offers breakfast but it isn't free. I understand busy single moms, but if you don't have time to feed your child breakfast in the morning, or at least give him a dollar to eat at school, there's something wrong with that.

I'm the only parent of all the kids that go to that stop that actually feeds my kids in the morning. The others eat when they get to school, which is fine I guess but I just can't imagine not feeding my kids breakfast in the morning. One girl comes out nearly every day munching on either a bag of candy or chips or some junk with a soda in her hand. Her mom's with her, so it's apparent she doesn't care. Who lets their 9 year old child eat a candy bar and a Coke before going to school? Sometimes I feel like society is slowly going insane and I can only hope it doesn't take me with it.

My daughter is one of those that has no appetite in the morning. She doesn't want to eat breakfast, but I force her to eat something - a bowl of Cheerios, or some cheese toast, or a piece of fruit and some milk. I have to sit her down and FORCE her to eat it. She hates me for it sometimes, but I won't let her leave the house until she has put something in her stomach. Oh, I'm sure she would eat doughnuts or candy, but that ain't happenin' at my house.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Glad you feel the same way as us on the thread as there is no excuse not to feed your
children breakfast.I won't give my kids junk food because i love them and think of their
welbeing to much..Good call you make the effort as a parent.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Unfortunately, that is the price we pay for freedom.

People have the freedom to have kids even when they are are dumber than the dirt beneath their feet.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Kayaluv just like me i make sure in the morning that they eat something nutritional .
They will thank you for it later on in life when they are good and healthy.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hmmm, I am reading this after having just finished packing up juice boxes, fruit, granola and freezies for the some of the kids on my bus. I drive for a school in a lower income area and the school takes care of lunch and I feel I need to take care of snack/dinner.

Whether or not they need it, I never have anything leftover.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

If we give in to our kids and give them junk sh*t then we are as parents neglect future
health in our offspring.. Gotta be tough to the little terrors gotta do whats right for them
in the long run, otherwise it's diabetes heart attacks and out living our kids.Keep it up
You set a good example for them with thier diet..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Few people realise just how many parents have to exist on the minimum wage.

And before someone shouts "Dont have kids if your poor" understand that MOST of these parents used to have jobs that payed a decent living wage.

However over the last few years with the backing of corrupt governments these same parents have been forced into minimum wage jobs and now they dont have the money to provide properly for their families.

I see some posters are blaming face book because parents spend too much time on there. Yep they do, because they cant afford any other kind of entertainment.

When the entire world is on the minimum wage we'll hear people shout...
"I didn't mean me!!! I meant everybody else!"

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Few people realise just how many parents have to exist on the minimum wage.

And before someone shouts "Dont have kids if your poor" understand that MOST of these parents used to have jobs that payed a decent living wage.

However over the last few years with the backing of corrupt governments these same parents have been forced into minimum wage jobs and now they dont have the money to provide properly for their families.

I see some posters are blaming face book because parents spend too much time on there. Yep they do, because they cant afford any other kind of entertainment.

When the entire world is on the minimum wage we'll hear people shout...
"I didn't mean me!!! I meant everybody else!"

If they can afford an internet connection they can afford to give a kid their breakfast
I am a single parent on the minimum wage and can afford to give my kids breakfast!

My friend you speak more drivel than david cameron does on prime tv
or obama does while addressing the nation..

edit on 22-6-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join