It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Banks To Be Downgraded Tonight...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Details are sketchy but it seems that Moody's will be downgrading our banks tonight..

Just saw it on Sky.

Here is a link to the video

Tbh

Its only we knew already..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Oh # off Moody's. Where were they during the sub-prime bluerge? They could have stopped the whole thing. This kind of intervention just makes the situation worse.

Dicks.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

May be tied to why Halifax was not processing payments last night hey??

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

And RBS/Natwest/Ulster bank today

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Someone made a post about Natwest/RBS not dispensing cash for 48hrs, wonder if this has something to do with it?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yeh I just read that thread, very alarming.

Is it so much to ask to not have a bank run, please? Surely this money pumped into the banks by the government recently is enough to capitalise them against such a thing?

link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by EvanB

Someone made a post about Natwest/RBS not dispensing cash for 48hrs, wonder if this has something to do with it?

My thoughts too..

They obviously knew that this was going to happen.. Perhaps they were burying the gold......

link   
reply to post by EvanB

That's gonna hurt...

Especially with this going on too;
Natwest/Royal Bank of Scotland Have Not Been Processing Payments for 48 Hours Now

Kinda makes you wonder if this is the start off the fall... .

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I'm sure that when all this financial mess kicked off, the ratings agencies (S&P. Moodys etc) were in on the scam with the banks.

can't remember the name of the doc, i'm sure it was on the bbc a couple of months ago, but we've been expecting this.

if anyone has any, get your money out of the bank!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by EvanB

That's gonna hurt...

Especially with this going on too;
Natwest/Royal Bank of Scotland Have Not Been Processing Payments for 48 Hours Now

Kinda makes you wonder if this is the start off the fall... .

I was engaged to the daughter of the ex CEO of a major building society... He told me of a time when this happened before... They closed and started hoarding assets..

Other peoples money...

They do this..
edit on 21-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
From the Telegraph,

The move is expected as part of a broader credit downgrade of some of the world's major banks and could be delayed until after US markets close. It is thought that British banks including Barclays, HSBC and Royal Bank of Scotland are facing a cut in their ratings by as much as two notches, reflecting the continued impact of the eurozone crisis on the global banking system. A downgrade would potentially cost banks billions of pounds in additional funding costs as it essentially flags an increase in risks associated with lending to those institutions. It would also force banks to hand over billions more in collateral to trading counter-parties.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
From the Telegraph,

The move is expected as part of a broader credit downgrade of some of the world's major banks and could be delayed until after US markets close. It is thought that British banks including Barclays, HSBC and Royal Bank of Scotland are facing a cut in their ratings by as much as two notches, reflecting the continued impact of the eurozone crisis on the global banking system. A downgrade would potentially cost banks billions of pounds in additional funding costs as it essentially flags an increase in risks associated with lending to those institutions. It would also force banks to hand over billions more in collateral to trading counter-parties.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think its about time these bastards were taught a very big lesson..

No doubt RBS/Natwest customers are being shafted as we speak... Im just wondering how this will affect mortgages...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Oh # off Moody's. Where were they during the sub-prime bluerge? They could have stopped the whole thing. This kind of intervention just makes the situation worse.

Dicks.

They were busy giving AAA ratings to the fraudulent mortgage backed securities the banks were selling, making money for themselves and their banking buddies. The whole lot are corrupt.

Oh well, they'll soon start another World War - the failsafe master reset switch. After all, they have done it twice before after runnung things into the ground. Hell, they even make money off that too! Large ones all round at the club I think Gentlemen!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This will not teach them a lesson as ALL costs will be passed on to the taxpayer in the form of another bail-out(no conditions) and further nose dive in the economy. Unemployment down 51,000 last month, it will be up at least double that next month if this happens.

All in this together?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I dont live in the UK and this scares me. I advise ATS'ers that live in the UK, if you can get some cash out, do it now. I hold 3 mounths worth of spending cash in a undisclosed place just in case one of our (USA) banks freezes up.

In todays world people pay with plastic for EVERYTHING. Just think what will happen when the plastic stops working. How are you going to buy your food for the day when money is still good? you should also be prepping for when your paper money is no longer good.

Good luck over there

edit on 21-6-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

This will not teach them a lesson as ALL costs will be passed on to the taxpayer in the form of another bail-out(no conditions) and further nose dive in the economy. Unemployment down 51,000 last month, it will be up at least double that next month if this happens.

All in this together?

We WILL be in together if we just say fricken NO!!

All the "lions" of this country seem to be able to manage is a few angry emails and a worthless placard march...

Bet that scares them to death..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Slightly misleading headline for the OP in that, yes, some UK banks will be downgraded today but then so will some of the worlds biggest banks from a variety of countries.

Moodys have basically finally come to the conclusion that the global financial sector is hiding the true scale of the economic crisis and have been actively hiding their exposure to all the toxic debt floating around the system.

So, yes, UK banks will be downgraded. So will US, French, German banks, etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It makes it a UK issue don't you think?? UK banks being downgraded?? Wtf is misleading about that???

UK banks being downgraded... Nothing misleading there.. Get a life Mr Semanticspants..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Actually it is a very important distinction. The headline isn't accurate in that it suggests only UK banks being downgraded. I accept though that you may simply have been following ATS rules and posting the headline as it appears.

The reality is that Moody's are applying this downgrade to some of the worlds leading banks, suggesting that far from being a UK problem, they see serious problems in the whole financial sector.........

Why the snarky comeback though? I was pointing out this is actually a lot more serious than just UK banks.........

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by EvanB

Actually it is a very important distinction. The headline isn't accurate in that it suggests only UK banks being downgraded. I accept though that you may simply have been following ATS rules and posting the headline as it appears.

The reality is that Moody's are applying this downgrade to some of the worlds leading banks, suggesting that far from being a UK problem, they see serious problems in the whole financial sector.........

Why the snarky comeback though? I was pointing out this is actually a lot more serious than just UK banks.........

Yeah, sorry mate, you are right... I was very snarky there... And it will be internationally felt.. Im just worried about OUR backyard.. Things are bad enough HERE.. There is nothing I can do about other countries but can do something where I live... I.e. report it.. Im sure there are other people in affected countries doing the same.. My own country comes first though.. Hence the Anglo-centric-ism that came from the headline itself..

But sorry for having a go mate..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join