It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Banks To Be Downgraded Tonight...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I know this is probably a stupid question but I live the U.S. and I wonder if this is going to affect our banks? I also have my money in Morgan P Chase bank (yeah, I know it's a crappy bank and they've been in the spotlight lately) Should I take some money out?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I know this is probably a stupid question but I live the U.S. and I wonder if this is going to affect our banks? I also have my money in Morgan P Chase bank (yeah, I know it's a crappy bank and they've been in the spotlight lately) Should I take some money out?

I hate to say this but London is the financial capitol of the world and OWNS 3/4 of the WORLDS debt.... America is all good but London owns it AND the shipping between every country.. A square mile of London....

Trouble with that is there is British Army vets who will destroy them anytime..... they have days before we do..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

I strongly advise you to prepare for contingencies. Not panic, just prepare.

Weird stuff is going on.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Not trying to sound like a prick, just putting my thoughts out here. When the banks collapse, and plastic is no longer usable, cash will become worthless as well. So your three months of spending money may as well be toilet paper. Put your money into silver or gold. Coins, plates, bars what ever you prefer, silver, gold, even copper!!! When the banks collapse, which will likely see society follow in suite cash will be useless, how will you buy your food?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich
reply to post by camaro68ss

Not trying to sound like a prick, just putting my thoughts out here. When the banks collapse, and plastic is no longer usable, cash will become worthless as well. So your three months of spending money may as well be toilet paper. Put your money into silver or gold. Coins, plates, bars what ever you prefer, silver, gold, even copper!!! When the banks collapse, which will likely see society follow in suite cash will be useless, how will you buy your food?

greenbacks will not be useless. they are too common and people know them. many people don't know silver so that'll take some convincing with some people. there will be huge inflation though, of course.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Oh # off Moody's.

Where were they during the sub-prime bluerge?

Busy in some Wall Street basements signing fraudulent AAA toxic papers before they sold them further to the rest of the finacial world!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

No problems mate. Definitely plenty of reasons to be worried, unfortunately. Doesn't help with the Italian PM saying today there is 1 week to save Europe - nothing like stoking the flames!

Reading it back again i feel i should also apologise for being such a sensitive flower!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Indeed, although 4 British banks are on the list, it also includes Bank of America, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan Chase, Credit Suisse, UBS, BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, Societe Generale, Deutsche Bank and Royal Bank of Canada

In fact, most of the world's largest banks.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I remember you cheering after France was downgraded a few months ago. What goes around comes around

edit on 22-6-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
BBB is the new AAA.

Anyways it's just weird with downgrading things go rolling down the hill even faster and then because of that it goes worse, a new downgrade as a result.. so then it goes from bad to worse without a brake it seems?
This way Greece went down pretty fast with their interest on the debt going up sky high in a short time..
It's just very odd that the system works like that.

Never let your debt be owned by speculators / wallstreet gamblers which are/get afraid/mad of the slightest (negative) sounds IMO.
Japan got even more debt than Greece compared with their GDP, but even with a downgrade you don't see much going on there since most of their debt is not owned by investors/foreigners.

I guess we live in mad world, only reason to understand it anyways IMO.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r
reply to post by EvanB

I remember you cheering after France was downgraded a few months ago. What goes around comes around

edit on 22-6-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

I know

Did cross my mind haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join