It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Will End On July 15th 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I just came accross this. I'm still trying to figure out if this is a hoax or not. If anyone knows, please share the information. I hope it is a hoax, I spent almost a three weeks making a new Timeline Cover for my 2 year old daughter and I would hate for all that work to go to waste.

PALO ALTO, CA –Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be shut down in July of 2012. Managing the site has become too stressful.

“Facebook has gotten out of control,” reportedly said Zuckerberg in a press conference outside his Palo Alto office, “and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”

Zuckerberg reportedly went on to explain that starting July 15th, users will no longer be able to access their Facebook accounts. That gives users (and Facebook addicts) a year to adjust to life without Facebook.

“After July 15th, 2012 the whole website shuts down,” said Avrat Humarthi, Vice President of Technical Affairs at Facebook. “So if you ever want to see your pictures again, I recommend you take them off the internet. You won’t be able to get them back after Facebook goes out of business.”

Zuckerberg said the decision to shut down Facebook was difficult, but that he does not think people will be upset.

“I personally don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said in a private phone interview to a source close to a friend. “And to be honest, I think it’s for the better. Without Facebook, people will have to go outside and make real friends. That's always a good thing."

Source

Facebook is NOT shutting down. Thanks to Infinity for finding this source.

Regards,
edit on 20-6-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I could not get past this statement. I could not go any further.

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
I spent almost a three weeks making a new Timeline Cover for my 2 year old daughter and I would hate for all that work to go to waste.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

LIES!!!!

www.cnn.com...

This is the same rumor that said it would be down in march.
Just so you guys know beforeitsnews is a VERY bad website.
Facebook will not die because one man cant handle stress. Its a Government spy operation.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I doubt very much that this is true, but if it is - HOORAY ! Not before time, either !

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If this was true hed just sell it to google for gazillions not kill it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If only it was true.

But, something says it's not.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Atleast beforeitsnews isnt whatdoesitmean.com lol
edit on 20-6-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's definitely not true.

Also, against the wishes of some ATS members that USE FB, but also pray for it's demise, FB's stock has been making a nice comeback. Good news for those who were smart enough to buy it when it was down. =]

lol, beforeitsnews. =D

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I'm sorry, I could not get past this statement. I could not go any further.

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
I spent almost a three weeks making a new Timeline Cover for my 2 year old daughter and I would hate for all that work to go to waste.

Haha. I couldn't get past this statement

PALO ALTO, CA –Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be shut down in July of 2012. Managing the site has become too stressful.

Making millions and millions of dollars every day, and being a billionaire is just too stressful!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

*hangs head in shame...*

You didn't see that the referenced source in your link was the Weekly World News? Until I saw that, I was surprised it didn't start out with a reference to the FSB and secret sources in the Kremlin...

edit on 20-6-2012 by PeterWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I believe it's a hoax.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
LOL.

here's the stories source.

weeklyworldnews.com...

I'm surprised this wasn't an Onion story.

“I personally don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said in a private phone interview to a source close to a friend. “And to be honest, I think it’s for the better. Without Facebook, people will have to go outside and make real friends. That’s always a good thing.”

lol
edit on 20-6-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
given they have datacentres/loads of staff employed it would take more than a month to close down the site cleanly as they'd probably have to give notice to the staff/utility companies/tax men all around the world and now being a listed company that decision probably be out of his hands

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
this is probably not true, but it'd be hilarious to watch the reactions.
"OMG give me my facebook back! It's my right to socialize! You can't do this!"

Seems like it might happen because of the rocky FB public trading flop, but with all the ad revenue I think it unlikely that someone will kill a cash cow. However, Zynga stock is rocky as well, so that also gives me hope that this might happen.
Money rules the day, so I think it likely that once it stops making enough money the plug will be pulled. Or some sucker will buy it for some super high projected amount and then we can watch it burn.

It won't change anything though because something will come along to replace it, eventually. Maybe google+ will have a chance now, or maybe not. Probably not.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Although I do find it rather humorous that people would believe that… sadly it is not true but if you leave FB like I did we can make it a reality!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
>_>

Only reason why I thought it may have been a hoax is because of the source I got it from. Beforeitsnews.com isn't excatly 100% reliable but does offer interesting news every now and then.

As for a poster saying something like "same thing was suppose to happen in may" but had to do with Anon threatening to shut down facebook..

This on the other hand is the founder saying that it would be shut down. That's the only reason why I made a thread about it, if it was about anon again I wouldn't bother with it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yeah, I can understand your frustration.
I would not want to inconvenience a two year olds fb account either(that probably can't even read yet).
There would be hell to pay.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh PLEASE - anyone with two brain cells can see this is a hoax, they just floated on the stock market for crying out loud.

ATS these days =
seriously

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i hope fb closes.. i cant stand it. too many people spend all day on that.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Yeah, I can understand your frustration.
I would not want to inconvenience a two year olds fb account either.
There would be hell to pay.

Wow, you actually think I would make an account for my own daughter? No. It's for my account

It's just a world map with a bunch of pictures of her replacing all the countries. With a title at the bottom saying, "Your my world"...

Corny, I know. But my daughter lives 1500 miles away and I miss her. What can I say.

<<   2 >>

join