It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney holds firm on Russia as geopolitical 'opponent'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Romney holds firm on Russia as geopolitical 'opponent'

www.rawstory.com

WASHINGTON — Republican White House hopeful Mitt Romney stood firm Tuesday in painting Russia as a key geopolitical foe, warning that Moscow pursues policies that are “antithetical” to US interests.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The hawkish stance on Russia by Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts, has been criticized by Democrats and perplexed some Republicans, including former secretary of state Colin Powell, who has rebuked the presumptive nominee for his comments.

Romney’s bus tour wrapped up Tuesday in his native Michigan, where he campaigned in Frankenmuth and attacked Obama’s policies as harmful for the country.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
He described Russia, , as “the nation which consistently opposes our actions at the United Nations.”

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think all these so-called leaders should stop sending sending people to kill AND be killed, and duke it out among each other like real men. In a straight up brawl, Putin would hand O and Romney their asses simultaneously.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

I am your foe,folks. I don't feel like that, but Big fish says so

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Is he wrong though.... I don't see what the big deal is?

Does anybody really think Putin is a nice guy with good intentions...?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, good thing about Romney is that he changes his position at the drop of a hat, and no one can tell what he really stands for. Unless you look at his actions and see that he stands for furthering his political career... oh and money, getting lots of money.

I'm kinda surprised he backed up his statement, but really, he just toned down the rhetoric by "clarifying" that he was talking about the UN votes. Back pedaling is flip-flopping's ugly cousin, so I still come to one conclusion about his statement: Hollow.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ohhh, this is good-bad guy thing??

We are good guys I assume (if Putting is bad guy) even we started war, destabilized both countries to point of civil war (Iraq and Afghanistan) and are using drone attacks in 3rd countries, that we are not at war in...

Putin, just like all of those big fish, is politician and he represents his country.

It is historical that during republican time in white house we needed 'opponents', not by any chance partners, god forbid. (Still remember Bush speech on support from our partners for Iraq invasion.
)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

Im not Putin
Romney has naver called Putin as a
foe
He calls our nation as a foe

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog
Ohhh, this is good-bad guy thing??

We are good guys I assume (if Putting is bad guy) even we started war, destabilized both countries to point of civil war (Iraq and Afghanistan) and are using drone attacks in 3rd countries, that we are not at war in...

Putin, just like all of those big fish, is politician and he represents his country.

It is historical that during republican time in white house we needed 'opponents', not by any chance partners, god forbid. (Still remember Bush speech on support from our partners for Iraq invasion.
)

He can not represent my country becouse only 20% Russian supports him

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Romney is correct in his statement. With Putin back at the helm leading Russia back to its former Soviet glory, I can only imagine what Russia has in store for the US and our allies. One only needs to read the news to figure that out. Putin is back to flexing his muscle and back to dealing with nations that we and our allies refuse to deal with.

Case in point Syria and Iran!!. The interests of the U.S. and those of Russia are not mutual and the tension is high.

Nothing wrong with Romney's ability to see the truth and the reality that lies before him.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I wish we can throw all the bastards out of the government and start all over with no parties, all independents. Romney is really really dumb if you take a chance to really listen to him. He grew up rich, sheltered, and during the cold war so he really has no clue about real life besides his own blueblood upbringing.

If he became prez, the country will go to ish even more

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

always after his speeches Putin's approval ratings go up
Is that his idiotism - call an enemy all Russia and not the regime or deliberate policy?
and he is inciting two nation to each other by own interests?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Russians do not have what it takes to challenge the US. They have no pride or identity left to prove anything.

The 21st Century Geopolitical challenges to US are China in political, military and economic sense.

Another one is economically super-resurgent Germany in coalition with western European nations like Dutch, Austria, Scandinavia, Denmark and possibly France. These non-english speaking nations can become a very solid image of USA in Europe and push US aside from #1 position in the world affairs.

edit on 20-6-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Russia is one of the first countries in the world recognized the new state - USA
The U.S. and Russia were allies in two world wars
and now Russia is helping the U.S. to transport troops and weapons through its territory
Nobody in Russia calls the U.S. an enemy of Russia
where does this pathological russophoby?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

Originally posted by KnawLick

Im not Putin
Romney has naver called Putin as a
foe
He calls our nation as a foe

In a perfect world I agree with you.

But we all know thats not how it works.

I personally have never even been to the middle east, but I am responsible for the government I elect.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I feel sorry for Romney, he is like a twig caught in a tornado and knows not what he does. By focusing on what divides this world instead of what unites it he himself looks like one very shattered man.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Somewhere around here years ago I tried to put the dots together on Stillwater mining corp and Russia buying secretly the mineral rights. It went much deeper than that after a through looking into, did not seem an interesting topic at the time but the businessman in romeny will have a field day gaining back our rights to our own mining projects bother here and abroad...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
I feel sorry for Romney, he is like a twig caught in a tornado and knows not what he does. By focusing on what divides this world instead of what unites it he himself looks like one very shattered man.

He is NOT an innocent. He has been entrenched in the scandals for years. He is a set up for continuity of gov.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

When you look deep to see what sort of very long history that entails, innocence is one thing that was removed at a very early stage in life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join