It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney holds firm on Russia as geopolitical 'opponent'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Russia is a geopolitical opponent.

Romney aside... Putin means the west and the US no good.

Or perhaps you see nothing wrong with a Putin- Soviet style government that raids gay rights activist and protests, denies a voice to political opponents, arrests and rounds up political activists, supports and allies itself with a government that kills thousands of civillians, intimidates and bullies neighboring states, leads a government with a history of killing millions of it's own citizens by execution, starvation, and imprisonment.

As for being allies in WWII...Germany was the bigger threat. Once suppressed, Russia/ Soviet Union became the primary opponent. If you don't remember... perhaps read a good historical account of the food lines, manufacturing snafus, farming disasters imposed by the central Soviet government... wonderful folks those ex KGB guys..... longing for the glory days of Mother Russia.

It's very popular to paint the US as the bad guy these days. However, I suggest that those that don't love it...leave it...and go for the freedom and opportunity of Russia or even China...

Maybe one day you can be thrown into a Russian Gulag for expressing support for a political party or maybe watch a co-worker jump to their death from a factory window... or try to look inconspicuous as you walk to an underground church or mosque for fear of being arrested for practicing a religion.... maybe breath in some of that good old yellow haze in the Chinese city park.

The USA has it's problems... but I'll take America anyday. You haven't lived until your bus is stopped and inspected by a group of soldiers acting as police...armed with machine guns... dressed in camo... and you suddenly realize you have no Constitutional rights... no legal recourse. I have and I was damn glad to land back in the US.

Yes...Russia is still the one of the bad guys.

what you mean by word Russia? people or territory?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

It would be a horrendous blunder for the US to focus on Russia as #1 GeoPolitical enemy. Russia of 1991 started to steer away from Soviet past. Things went lawless and people started to starve. The Putin brought some law and order and has been given a bad name of taking away freedom rights. When only 1 meal a day on the table, then freedom of expression type rights do not mean a squat.

What is America's obsession with Russia. One can understand obsession with Communism but that is a gone past. A country freed from communism does not go back to that evilness.

On the otherhand, Russian leadership should recognize that bigger enemies of Russia are within its own borders. Tsarist lifestyle of 100 Mega Tsars and 150 million slaves is the biggest threat to Russia's future. Russia has been living this lifestyle for last 500 years under different names and social economic systems. This might lead to a total hardman military dictatorship and end result will be the same, suffering and stagnation of the society. All along will come the pressure from US and NATO as weakness invites aggression.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Almost to the point that people have learned to live oppressed in soviet-era countries.

We see similarities in Afghanistan and Iraq, where both countries had some piece under dictatorship, but now are struggling with terrorist attacks.

As for organized crime and people on the power, well it gets mixed with politics, just like for example in Bosnia where after the war world powers invested heavily, but corrupt government with organized crime just got richer. According to some numbers, country got more help then Germany at the end of WW2, but it did not move much from where it was at the end of war economically.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Meanwhile, over in the UK, Cameron has identified Harald Hardrada and his Norwegian vikings as a serious threat to national interests.

In China, concerns are growing about hordes of horsemen raiding over the Mongol steppes......

Well, come on.......this is surely in the same kind of vane?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And I bet he sees Venezuela as "a good country to do business in if you're an oilman"

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Coming back to the main topic of thread, US should focus more on itself and removing its shorts comings and economic threats of debt etc. Focusing on Russia or Middle East and coddling wrong nations, will lead to exhaustion of good energy and weakening of the core values of the American lifestyle. I believe rest of the world should adopt these core values or modify them to fit their own cultural variables. It should be peaceful and bright future for the world that way.

Attacking countries like Iraq, creating hostility with Islamic world and then facing 9-11 type events, putting pressure on Russia for no reason but plain simple paranoia etc. are examples of severe waste of resources and resulting suffering of humanity all over. Let the bastard leaders gone blind with power, not inflict wrong on rest of the peoples.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr argued that the automatic assumption, that America acts for the good, will bring about moral corruption.

American exceptionalism is the theory that the United States is different from other countries in that it has a specific world mission to spread liberty and democracy. I
from wiki

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Romney is correct in his statement. With Putin back at the helm leading Russia back to its former Soviet glory, I can only imagine what Russia has in store for the US and our allies. One only needs to read the news to figure that out. Putin is back to flexing his muscle and back to dealing with nations that we and our allies refuse to deal with.

Case in point Syria and Iran!!. The interests of the U.S. and those of Russia are not mutual and the tension is high.

Nothing wrong with Romney's ability to see the truth and the reality that lies before him.

two words: central banks.

We're trying to install central banks in Syria and Iran and Putin is against this.

Romney, a puppet of the bankers would naturally be against those that are against the precious central banking system.

Read between the lines.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

automatic assumption, that your country always acts for the good only, will bring about moral corruption.
direct way to nazi Germany

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

And he is completely correct in stating so. Unlike Obama who is telling Russia after he is elected he will have leeway to give in to them. Russia constantly plays the other side, attempting to hurt the West and the US.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Wrong, Russia is against losing their strategic Naval Base, if they thought they would keep it after a Revolution they'd sign up tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

This naval base is at most tactical and not at all strategic in military terms. It is strategic in political terms regarding Russia's foothold in ME. Russia is acting more on behalf of Assad the ally rather than a small naval base that is mostly dormant in military terms.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Romney disgusts me. From his prep-school days of being a bully protected by his father's influence from ever being disciplined, to his penchant for dressing up like a cop and pulling people over 'for fun', to his racist and mind-bogglingly insane Mormon beliefs (remember, he was a good Mormon boy working up to being an Elder in the church the whole time he was practicing the above-mentioned felonies), to his Bain Capital days; there is something incredibly wrong with this guy, even by American "we voted for Dubya TWICE" standards.

Watch the guy talk. He can't even say the word "I" without stuttering. Maybe it's mind control, maybe it's the fact that he was in a coma for 2-3 days back when he was involved in a fatal car accident in France whilst dodging the draft and inflicting his Mormon beliefs on unsuspecting Parisians, but what kind of grown human man can't say the word "I" in public without stuttering over it??

Oh, and the cold war was a farce. It gave both sides covert access to billions of dollars that was really spent on black projects and reverse-engineering alien technology they both had acquired. We never had much to worry about from the Soviets, that was all just military paranoia writ large. Everywhere those guys looked, they saw spies. God forbid the American Empire should be bombed out of existence before we had a chance to bomb everyone else...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

This naval base is at most tactical and not at all strategic in military terms. It is strategic in political terms regarding Russia's foothold in ME. Russia is acting more on behalf of Assad the ally rather than a small naval base that is mostly dormant in military terms.

I highlighted the points you made that prove my statement correct. It is strategic.
edit on 26-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Romney disgusts me. From his prep-school days of being a bully protected by his father's influence from ever being disciplined, to his penchant for dressing up like a cop and pulling people over 'for fun', to his racist and mind-bogglingly insane Mormon beliefs (remember, he was a good Mormon boy working up to being an Elder in the church the whole time he was practicing the above-mentioned felonies), to his Bain Capital days; there is something incredibly wrong with this guy, even by American "we voted for Dubya TWICE" standards.

Watch the guy talk. He can't even say the word "I" without stuttering. Maybe it's mind control, maybe it's the fact that he was in a coma for 2-3 days back when he was involved in a fatal car accident in France whilst dodging the draft and inflicting his Mormon beliefs on unsuspecting Parisians, but what kind of grown human man can't say the word "I" in public without stuttering over it??

Oh, and the cold war was a farce. It gave both sides covert access to billions of dollars that was really spent on black projects and reverse-engineering alien technology they both had acquired. We never had much to worry about from the Soviets, that was all just military paranoia writ large. Everywhere those guys looked, they saw spies. God forbid the American Empire should be bombed out of existence before we had a chance to bomb everyone else...

Yes because I am sure he held the Parisians down and forced them to listen to him all the while using water torture on them for years on end. Your Hatred is showing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

what do you mean by word Russia, people or territory?
how are you going to punish Russia, to kill all Russian and yourself ?
Is there any place on the planet where US would not have so called national interests?
Are american politcian always right and therefore other countries must always support US government?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

Is there any place on the planet where US would not have so called national interests?
Are american politcian always right and therefore other countries must always support US government?

Russia is the country, whose policies are determined by the politicians in power.
No idea where punishing Russia or suicide come from.
No idea why we are talking about US national interest, we should be talking about the Syrian people.
No, the US can and have been wrong. Not sure what this has to do with this thread or my post.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by leosnake

Russia is the country, whose policies are determined by the politicians in power.
No idea where punishing Russia or suicide come from.
No idea why we are talking about US national interest, we should be talking about the Syrian people.
No, :. Not sure what this has to do with this thread or my post.

Russia is only europian part of territory state with name Russian federation
like Tatarstan,Dagestan,Baskortostan, Mordovia,Chuvashia,Karelia,Udmurtia,Komy,Buryatia,Evenkia,
Chukotka and so on
you support Romney who wants to punish RF it means ww3 ,and death people of RF,Europa,USA
we are not talking only about Siria here we are talking about mad politician which called whole nation as enemy #1 of American
you do not note if anybody dare to critisize policy US government( you said:the US can and have been wrong)- automatically
become the enemy of USA?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Sorry, but no. Romney said Russia continuously talks about peace and cooperation and then sabotages it at every point. We need to stop sitting back while they do this. He is 100% correct. Recently Putin told Israel he agreed Iran can not be trusted with nuclear weapons and that it would be a danger for the world. Russia tries to prevent sanctions on Iran, and supplies them with their nuclear technology. This is just 1 of many ways Russia tries to thwart peace.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

i repeat you again Russia mainly( 80% Russian) does not support policy of Putin's government

edit on 27-6-2012 by leosnake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join