It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conversations With God series...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhNoItsCritical

Originally posted by NorEaster

If you're so sure that we're wrong, why not write a book and make millions as well?

edit on 20-6-2012 by OhNoItsCritical because: (no reason given)

I did.

And I will.

You wouldn't believe the crazy sh*t that I've got reality doing in my theory. Not for me, but doing it just the same. The funny part of all of this is that even in the end you'll never know anything other than what you're led to believe. By your own instruction or by the instruction of someone else. Most agnostics will fall hard for the first display they run into as soon as they leave the corporeal realm. Just like a 16 yr old star-struck runaway stepping off a Greyhound Bus in the downtown LA terminal being "discovered" by a fake Hollywood talent scout with a quota of these poor things he's gotta meet each week. One right after the other. Being new in town is tough if you're still trying to figure out what's real. Even worse if you're totally sure that your perceptions alone can determine it for you. Good luck with that.

Have I got it all figured out? Doubtful. Am I coming close to something that that works for me? Sure. Am I at the point where my beliefs are established to the point where I want them to be? Not quite. The best part is that I've got all of the time that I'm alive to figure it out. I'm in no rush, this journey is exhilarating. The lies, the tears, the truths, the moments of insight that flash through my awareness when I finally find something that I believe to be true appears as evident.

It's all truly fantastic. It's a game that I'm playing because of the thrill, just like the thrill that some might get from playing in the NFL or going Mountain Climbing. I do what excites me, regardless of who might agree or disagree. I'll finish the game when I'm finished with the game, whether it's a sub-game, mini-game, or the big game.

I've never said that I was right. I'm exploring, seeking, and learning. That's more than what a lot of other people on this planet can say.

I think it's great that you are searching. Keep it up and enjoy the journey.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OhNoItsCritical

this book single handedly introduced me to advaita vedanta before i even knew it was its own separate thing.

this book has literally changed my life and had me question my own self

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The book is the first step in breaking down the illusion of the world which does create an emptiness in your life
then comes the question ..why! bother if it's all an illusion anyway

life is all about the experience and the journey of simply being here
to move through life with out judgement... to be able to accept the way it is

This does not mean to walk around with rose tinted glasses on because that too is part of the illusion
when you think you have found the answer ...think again because the answer will start to blind fold you again
keep peeling away your beliefs and when you think there is nothing left to take away
you are still left with something and that something is "nothing"
you believe there is "nothing" and that my friend is still something it is your "belief" in nothing

what ever you think it is ...it is not that either ....

you are right back where you started ....still trapped in the labyrinth of illusion ....

"can't see the wood for the trees"

which is the case in most beliefs

when there is truly nothing left ...not even nothing ....there it is

"The kingdom of heaven is before your eyes, but you do not see it." from The Gospel of Thomas the Apostle

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Here is a video where Neale Donald Walsch meets Eckhart Tolle and speaks about how he wrote his book, he admits he does not get It the way Eckhart does. It's very interesting.
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

So, I suppose that your theory covers me telling you that you're f*cked up beyond all recognition too, then. Of course it does. Does it have me telling you that the Conversations With God idiot hasn't ever had a conversation with anyone but his publisher and his agent and the guy who manages his investments? Probably. The pathetic truth is that you can back-fill anything that happens to you and decide that you made it happen to yourself for any one of a wide range of reasons - with "experience" being the easiest go-to catch-all of all. If you think you're that important and that central to the whole of reality, then nothing's going to ever prove to you that you aren't. Your self image wouldn't survive the shock of learning that you're just some kid in an apartment in his mom's basement who hasn't had his feet knocked out from under him yet by a world that's a f*ckload bigger than he is, and bigger than the Internet will ever admit to it being.

Hell, you're not even original in your "The Me Show" theory. This place is so thick with you special little kids that you can't swing a dead cat in here without smacking one of you with it. To be honest, I can't figure out what the hell is in the drinking water these days that all you wonderful freaks are suddenly lifting off the launch pad and flying around like clown balloons from God. It makes a person nervous just driving in traffic knowing how insane so many people are while being perfectly functional.

There. Did your scenario crafting firmament make me take a dump on you like that?

Yeah, of course it did.

This is such a hate filled post, love is absent with this one.
What is it that you fear so much Noreaster?? Because only fear reacts this way. Anger and agression is fear driven. What do you think made you such an angry and intolerant man? Does anger and hatred make you feel good?

A gift for you - youtu.be...
edit on 24-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Nothing based on a LIE will stand.

Preaching oneness based on delusional double speak isnto going ot help starving children. What it does is make Apathetic idiots who sit in their houses and pat themselves on the back for MANIFESTING their own reality while the child next door gets raped by a pedo and dies from cancer a year later. O wow i feel great because i deserve all my good luck... what a good boy am i.... what a good boy am i... what a good boy am i... what a good boy am i...

Its a SICK state of mind. you can "roll" with that all you want... but your going to garner my anger.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

Getting angry at someone you don't even know on a forum isn't going to help suffering people either.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When I read the OP, I experienced a moment of absolute clarity, and then it passed.

Next came the little cars, and the parade of sad little clowns that spewed forth from their guts like baby-squirts.

What is the nature of god? Here on the Internet, god is a litany of cons. IT made the universe to constantly supply itself with a steady-stream of golden rubes. Amen.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I do what is logical, I take my experience of life and form my belief around the things that seem evident to me as truth.

LOL Not even close. If you haven't studied science in all of its methodical forms, then you are no more capable of forming a logical conclusion than a caveman imagining a god behind a volcanic eruption. You take a handful of events that seem more than coincidence and conclude that you are god. You overlook the fact that there are millions of daily events that occur that you are totally unaware of. Did you know that you were going to wake up feeling ill today? Did you know that there's a spider in your slipper? Did you know that your cousin is in the hospital getting stitches as you read this? Did you know that city workers shut off your water so they could do some repairs out in the street? Did you know that your loaf of bread got moldy? Did you know that a raccoon tore up your trash bags while you slept?

Your mother calls you on the phone just when you were thinking about her, and this makes you god even though a hundred other people have called you without you having a clue.

Like I said, I have physical experiences that confirm that I/we have more control over our lives and physicality than we think.

Of course we have more control over our lives. If you don't pay your electric bill for a few months, then you KNOW what you are forcing the electric company to do. Your neighbor is a serious alcoholic, so you KNOW that one of these days he's going to wrap his car around a telephone pole.

When we catch an idea of what might happen, we say, "Whoa! I knew that would happen!" But, when we catch an idea of what might happen, and it DOESN'T happen, we don't even think about it.
edit on 6/24/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/24/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

So, I suppose that your theory covers me telling you that you're f*cked up beyond all recognition too, then. Of course it does. Does it have me telling you that the Conversations With God idiot hasn't ever had a conversation with anyone but his publisher and his agent and the guy who manages his investments? Probably. The pathetic truth is that you can back-fill anything that happens to you and decide that you made it happen to yourself for any one of a wide range of reasons - with "experience" being the easiest go-to catch-all of all. If you think you're that important and that central to the whole of reality, then nothing's going to ever prove to you that you aren't. Your self image wouldn't survive the shock of learning that you're just some kid in an apartment in his mom's basement who hasn't had his feet knocked out from under him yet by a world that's a f*ckload bigger than he is, and bigger than the Internet will ever admit to it being.

Hell, you're not even original in your "The Me Show" theory. This place is so thick with you special little kids that you can't swing a dead cat in here without smacking one of you with it. To be honest, I can't figure out what the hell is in the drinking water these days that all you wonderful freaks are suddenly lifting off the launch pad and flying around like clown balloons from God. It makes a person nervous just driving in traffic knowing how insane so many people are while being perfectly functional.

There. Did your scenario crafting firmament make me take a dump on you like that?

Yeah, of course it did.

This is such a hate filled post, love is absent with this one.
What is it that you fear so much Noreaster?? Because only fear reacts this way. Anger and agression is fear driven. What do you think made you such an angry and intolerant man? Does anger and hatred make you feel good?

A gift for you - youtu.be...
edit on 24-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Hate? That post was brilliant! It was breathtakingly clear and concise. We need more people capable of ripping off mental bandages so that those bandages stay off. The problem in this world is we are now supposed to coddle everyone with a silly belief, allowing those ridiculous beliefs to fester and spread to others. I starred that post!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'm not saying that I'm one of them, but even if all of this "oneness" is a big fat lie, can you think of any better way to actually HELP those starving children?

Well, in the real world I think the answer would be to feed them real food. Can we come together as one in agreement on this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join