It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the name of the christian god ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Deetermined

ok, i will stick with Yahweh.

how is this spoken ? is there a mp3 how it is pronounced in hebrew ?

His name has no vowels, pronounce it as best u can. Lol. (YHVH) The vowels are inferred or guessed.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Hebrew Lexicographers?

So would Egyptian Lexicographers come to the same conclusion?

Not for Hebrew.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

you are saying, noone in this world can say this name ?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I think that was the point honestly. It's unpronounceable. It's only consonants, YHWH or in older Hebrew it's YHVH. The vowels are always inferred. The common rendering is "Yahvey". (Yod, Hay, Vav, Hay)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The story is the name for god was sacred, and it was not taught publically and only known to the highest temple Priest, and then only said in the inner chamber of the temple once a year to a select few.

Saying the name for god was taboo in the Pharisee and Sadducee religion.

So, they only used the abbreviated term as a symbol for god: YHWH Or the "I am" term.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

The story is the name for god was sacred, and it was not taught publically and only known to the highest temple Priest, and then only said in the inner chamber of the temple once a year to a select few.

that would mean, some people do know how to say the name.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

So, they only used the abbreviated term as a symbol for god: YHWH Or the "I am" term.

In paleo-Hebrew YHWH also means:

"Behold the nail, behold the hand." Or "behold the nailed hand".

Here

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

The whole thing is a sordid pagan mess of serveral gods and all trumped up fake god issues. The only real god theme remains mother nature, the unknown force of the universe, to which no one can make an idol for or discribe in human terms.

Yep, a sordid pagan mess created by Satan so people wouldn't know what to believe. Or worse yet, to lead people to think that the force of the universe could never be known. That's why it can't be figured out with the mind. It can only be figured out through the work of the Holy Spirit. It's not an "unknown force". It's an "unseen force". There's a reason the Bible is filled with parables and constant reminders that "He that hath an ear, let him hear..." Unfortunately, the Holy Spirit isn't the only spirit out there. Satan has a slew of his own spirits to deceive, this is why spirits must be tested. The Holy Spirit doesn't contradict itself, doesn't stroke your ego, doesn't hesitate about knowing what the truth is or what any outcome will be, doesn't speak in probabilities, doesn't impose itself on your free will or try to talk you into anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

In paleo-Hebrew YHWH also means:

"Behold the nail, behold the hand." Or "behold the nailed hand".

Here

He was crucified on a cross of wood, but made the hill on which it stood.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

i had the same thought, with the crucification, but the name Jahweh existed long before the crucification of christ. or do you think the name is a kind of prophecy ?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hebrew Lexicographers?

Not for Hebrew.

What if the bible is written with the intent of Egyptian parallels and not Hebrew in main focus

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by icepack

I've been searching for another Bible verse that I know is similar but more specific than this one, but I can't find it at the moment.

Zechariah 14:9

9) And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Simply, when God is revealed to all, He will go by one name and that name will be LORD.

I too have searched all over, most Christians refuse to name their God, and Jesus, if he existed was a man, not a God. I know the Bible speaks of a
Lord, but as you can see by the definition of the word, a Lord is a "person, a man, if you will.

As I said, I have researched this nine ways from Sunday, and came up with Yahweh, and Jehovah one a Draconian, probably of the Annunaki "Gods," and the other a Pleiadian from that System, another Alien. I have seen a great deal of evidence on this Alien intervention with Early Humankind, and have come to believe it over the "official version." This makes a lot of sense to, taking into account that the book religions are all about CONTROL, and MONEY, while they teach not to research or question their book or religion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

i had the same thought, with the crucification, but the name Jahweh existed long before the crucification of christ. or do you think the name is a kind of prophecy ?

See my signature link "Jesus is Yahweh". I tell you Yeshua existed long before he came here in the physical. He is the Creator and it was prophecied in the Tenach and Torah that YHWH would come here himself and achieve salvation by his own arm.

Think about this long and hard, but don't think too hard or you will miss the simplicity of this statement. It is so simple a statement that many miss it because they think he must mean more and so they read more into it than what he is saying.

John 14:5-11

5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

The Father Revealed
7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

Yeshua's spirit is the Father and as much as our spirits are part of us, the Father's spirit is part of Yeshua. The Two are One. So many people do not get the simplicity of what he is saying, they make it harder than what it is. Modern day pharisees who cannot see He that stands before them in all his Glory.
edit on 18-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Personally, I think spoken language is only a human thing. I think the "pure language" spoken about in Zephaniah is probably that which is written on our hearts and won't come from any tongue.

Isaiah 52:6

6) Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10

8) Charity (love) never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9) For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10) But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Yeshua's spirit is the Father and as much as our spirits are part of us, the Father's spirit is part of Yeshua. The Two are One. So many people do not get the simplicity of what he is saying, they make it harder than what it is. Modern day pharisees who cannot see He that stands before them in all his Glory.

They, "modern day pharisees", have the Kingdom, but will not enter into it nor allow others to.

They are afraid.

The spirit of life within us all is the spirit of that which created us.

You do unto God, that which you do to your neighbor.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

No that is Universalism. We may all be his creation but not all are his children and he says this plainly in his discourse with the pharisees in John 8.

John 8:37-47

37 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”

39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, if God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

The jews he was having this discourse with wanted to murder him for speaking the truth. When they said "we are not born of fornication" they were refering to not being the spiritual children of Satan, but Yeshua told them they were. So, people who believe in Yeshua belong to him, those who do not are of the other fellow at war with him. Not everyone has the spirit of the Father in them, only HIS children.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

No that is Universalism. We may all be his creation but not all are his children and he says this plainly in his discourse with the pharisees in John 8.

John 8:37-47

37 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”

39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, [f God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

I have told you what I have heard from the father, yet you deny me?

I have told you what I have heard from Jesus, yet you say no?

If you followed Jesus he would not deny me for I do not deny him.

Perhaps you are right and we do have different fathers.

Or, perhaps you are just not understanding what I am saying?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yeshua's spirit is the Father and as much as our spirits are part of us, the Father's spirit is part of Yeshua. The Two are One.

but when jesus ascended to heaven, he takes his seat next to god.
i found this picture. do you see the other hand helping jesus to raise to heaven ?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Hebrew Lexicographers?

Not for Hebrew.

What if the bible is written with the intent of Egyptian parallels and not Hebrew in main focus

Have you even studied the Bible? Everything in the OT points to Christ, everything. Every story, every genelology, every ritual and feast, even the numbers and tribe listings. The entire book is about Him.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I have told you what I have heard from the father, yet you deny me?

I have told you what I have heard from Jesus, yet you say no?

If you followed Jesus he would not deny me for I do not deny him.

Perhaps you are right and we do have different fathers.

Or, perhaps you are just not understanding what I am saying?

I understand what you are saying, i think it is you who do not understand me or perhaps you do not understand Yeshua. You were promoting a tenet of Universalism, that is what i was addressing. We do not all have the same spirit dwelling in us, yet we are still required to show mercy and forgiveness of those who do not have the Father's Holy Spirit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join