It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the name of the christian god ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

Father's rhema Word ALWAYS aligns with His logos Word. It never contradicts, that's why we were admonished to test the spirits. If any rhema Word contradicts the logos Word it is to be immediately rejected.

edit on 18-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
This question came to my mind yesterday, can anyone help me out ?

I know, the god of the jews is Jehova, the god of the muslims is Allah and Jesus is the son of god.
Isn't there a name because of the trinity, a different deity model ?

Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh.
METATRON
in the lords prayer in Aramaic HE is SEXAGEISMIC.
The LORD doth pertain to all time.
Here is his image.
embers throughout
lightning both sides
seek the video called (DISCLOSURE)
of disclose.tv/kenny.
i am GOD in the flesh.
Archangel METATRON is GOD in the Spirit.
do you see what is purple at night.
worship him
i have created a binaural hologram of mandelbrot and giganticbubbles nasa.gov
GOD is here at night.
he will be.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

That is a mural created by those who lack the understanding that the Father is Spirit, and by the looks of it i'd say it's Roman Catholic in origin by the "halo" around the boy's head which is symbolic of the sun and is sungod worship. Yes there are some who would try to turn Yeshua into Sol Invictus who was born in december 25th. I am not one of them.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If you followed Jesus he would not deny me for I do not deny him.

What is your definition of "not deny him"?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I understand what you are saying, i think it is you who do not understand me or perhaps you do not understand Yeshua. You were promoting a tenet of Universalism, that is what i was addressing. We do not all have the same spirit dwelling in us, yet we are still required to show mercy and forgiveness of those who do not have the Father's Holy Spirit.

There is more than one spirit that can create life?

I am working towards understanding you, so let me just ask questions then...

Based on your understanding, there is another creator which created a being, who like you, can think, talk, move, and impact this world around us?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

If you followed Jesus he would not deny me for I do not deny him.

What is your definition of "not deny him"?

Deny him his own relationship with his creator. He and the creator are one. I find that perfectly reasonable. I see that same relationship between me and my creator. Why would I deny Jesus this relationship? Why would anyone deny me mine?
edit on 18-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Father's rhema Word ALWAYS aligns with His logos Word. It never contradicts, that's why we were admonished to test the spirits. If any rhema Word contradicts the logos Word it is to be immediately rejected.

Ok, I think I uderstand you.

So...

How should I test you?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Against the logos Word. Acts 17:11 is a great verse to lead you. Galatians 1:8 would have saved Muhammad, Joseph Smith, and Charles Taze Russell from massive error had they remembered and followed it. No wicked spirit will ever admit that Christ came in the flesh, that God added humanity to His divinity at the incarnation.

edit on 18-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

found another picture:

isn't it written, that jesus ascended to heaven to take his seat next to god ? i think, you are trying to make more out of jesus than he really is, maybe out of love to jesus ?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No wicked spirit will ever admit that Christ came in the flesh, that God added humanity to His divinity at the incarnation.

That's not very fair. You already believe this or you would not make the statement as a test.

This is like me saying, no wicked spirit will ever admit that I am in the flesh and that I added humanity to his divinity at my incarnation.

See, I believe this and therefore, by declaring others wicked who do not believe this, I have ruled out them ever being able to test me.

I do not mind your test being applied to me. I admit Jesus came in the flesh and added humanity to his divinity at the incarnation.

See, I am not wicked.

Or, your test is not conclusive.

Either way, I cannot test you if you already believe what you are saying is the test.

Since you declare that we are in fact supposed to test spirits, can you give me a test that actually makes sense?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This question came to my mind yesterday, can anyone help me out ?

I know, the god of the jews is Jehova, the god of the muslims is Allah and Jesus is the son of god.
Isn't there a name because of the trinity, a different deity model ?

Long story short, working within the definitions of all three faiths, it's the same god (the theology can be quibbled elsewhere).

Allah is just an arabic term meaning 'god' - I believe the proper name in arabic is Al Ilah (ilah, fist letter is I - meaning "the god" if I recall correctly).

"Jehovah" would be the god of both the christians and the jews, but the term is incorrect as hebrew has no J sound/character. Based on the writings of Josephus, Yahweh does appear to likely be the best/correct pronunciation for Hebrew YHVH, the name of 'god' (link to study here).

"The LORD" we see substituted in the old testament everywhere the name appears is a result of the jewish 'hedge around the law' considering the name ineffable, or too holy to pronounce (despite the scriptures themselves clearly stating otherwise and to use it actively). The jews added the vowel points for adonai/lord to the name so it would not be accidentally thought or read when they came to it in the scriptures.

In the bible, his clearest self-identification is in Exodus 20, where he says "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage." "The LORD" is his name, YHVH, and 'your God' references the hebrew title elohim, meaning mighty one(s), etc.

His name, as alluded when meeting Moses, basically translates to I AM WHO I AM or likely better I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE - the self-determining, self-existent one.

EDIT:
No additional name is given in the new testament, regardless of debate over the trinity. General greek terms like theos, kyrios, etc. are used. I haven't checked into any of the older hebrew versions of the gospels, but would assume the actual name YHVH is used in them as with the hebrew scriptures.
edit on 18-6-2012 by PeterWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I think his name is Yahweh

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
He will be called Emmanuel. ( Yah is with us)
He is Yashayah. (Yah saves/redeems)

I agree with Emmanuel for the God we are waiting for "redemption"...
But I always thought of Yahweh and Jehovah as the same..
YHVH and JHVH, if it was never written down, we wouldnt know the original phonetics..
And Y and J would both have soft sounds
Jesus is also Yeshua, no?
Y and J, man, Y and J....

For some reason I have thought of this song a few times the past month. A christmas song O Come Emmanuel, but I never really thought of it as a christmas song because it is so much different from the others.. Not really talking about the infant baby and such..... origins 8AD or earlier..

O come, O come, Emmanuel, And ransom captive Israel, That mourns in lonely exile here, Until the Son of God appear.
Refrain
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
O come, Thou Wisdom from on high, Who orderest all things mightily; To us the path of knowledge show, And teach us in her ways to go.
Refrain
O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free Thine own from Satan’s tyranny; From depths of hell Thy people save, And give them victory over the grave.
Refrain
O come, Thou Day-spring, come and cheer Our spirits by Thine advent here; Disperse the gloomy clouds of night, And death’s dark shadows put to flight.
Refrain
O come, Thou Key of David, come, And open wide our heavenly home; Make safe the way that leads on high, And close the path to misery.
Refrain
O come, O come, great Lord of might, Who to Thy tribes on Sinai’s height In ancient times once gave the law In cloud and majesty and awe.
Refrain
O come, Thou Root of Jesse’s tree, An ensign of Thy people be; Before Thee rulers silent fall; All peoples on Thy mercy call.
Refrain
O come, Desire of nations, bind In one the hearts of all mankind; Bid Thou our sad divisions cease, And be Thyself our King of Peace.

found this tidbit from www.cyberhymnal.org...:

“Thou Key of Da­vid” is in Isai­ah 22:22: “The key of the house of Da­vid will I lay up­on his shoul­der,” which in turn re­fers to Isai­ah 9:6 “The gov­ern­ment shall be up­on His shoul­der.”

METAPHORS CONFUSE ME..

(wanted to add as a sidenote, when I see Emmanuel, nowadays I think of chicago's mayor Rahm Emmanuel.... my personal savior for pushing decriminalization hehh...
rumor has it he is considering campaigning president in 2016, I suspect his efforts to improve the city will be his platform, and he really has accomplished thus far. I wouldn't doubt he would be a strong candidate if all goes well, and when people start to hear more of him.
.... could prophesy be unfolding? Emmanuel to ransom captive Israel? also a metaphor? He happens to be Jewish..
I think of crazy things all of the time
just my own speculations guys! I see synchronicity everywhere)
edit on 18-6-2012 by PrincessofSwords because: stupid thinkgs

edit on 18-6-2012 by PrincessofSwords because: stupid stuff

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Hebrew Lexicographers?

So would Egyptian Lexicographers come to the same conclusion?

Not for Hebrew.

What if the bible is written with the intent of Egyptian parallels and not Hebrew in main focus

Have you even studied the Bible? Everything in the OT points to Christ, everything. Every story, every genelology, every ritual and feast, even the numbers and tribe listings. The entire book is about Him.

I have read it, yes. But along time ago and my memory seems to get worse with time.
But what if "facts" in the bible are written in a certain way to make a certain point, instead of showing the real truth. Just saying, since I love a good conspiracy theory

What if Jesus left Egypt as a child, and Josef and Maria were his foster-parents...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well now that depends who you ask:

Muslem: Allah

Watch Tower: Jahovah

Others: Yahweh

Illuminati: Adonay

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Name that which comes before the word which names that which comes before the word.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

isn't it written, that jesus ascended to heaven to take his seat next to god ? i think, you are trying to make more out of jesus than he really is, maybe out of love to jesus ?

Well, let's look at all of the verses where Jesus states who He is.

The "I am" statements of Jesus:

www.letusreason.org...

Now, let's look at some verses in the book of Revelation to see what the correlation is between God and Jesus (the Lamb):

Revelation 19

9) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

17) And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Revelation 20:

6) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 21

22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 22

2) And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

3) And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4) And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

So, we need to ponder the following:

- We have God and the Lamb sharing the throne, but we only see one face.
- The book of life is "the Lamb's book of life".
- There will be no temple in the New Jerusalem because it says that "the Lord God Almighty AND the Lamb are the temple of it".

So, is God the Lamb also, based on Revelation 21:23?

23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

edit on 18-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Old Chinese Proverb:

Those that seek to make literal truths from a Bible book of metaphores always end up being disenfranchised from truth, bound to a lack of reality, and more close to hell than sanity.

Such religion hobbles man more than frees him to think for himself of the simple realities and benevolence toward others yeilded via that omnipresent truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

found another picture:

Actually it says he sits at the right hand of the Father. If you want to know how he does that well, try the prophet Isaiah. I'm not making more out of him that what he is. He's the one who claimed to be YHWH and spoke the sacred name flawlessly on trial which was blasphemy because in those days the jews put a ban on saying the sacred name. What you should be asking yourself is why the jews repeatedly tried to murder him even before he was crucified for making those claims. He is the one claiming the Name Above All Other Names and that my friend, can be no one else other than....?

You can look at it 3 ways.

1. He was telling the truth.
2. He was lying.
3. He was a lunatic

You might find this site interesting.

The True Name of God

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

What can I say? "Free" will never did anything but cause angels and man to fall. There's a reason the Bible says that God's knowledge was greater than man's knowledge, unfortunately, some refuse to believe that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join