It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET/UFO craft and Back engineering? Wright brothers vs the US space shuttle?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not sure if this floats here much but I always hear on "back engineering" on UFO/ET craft.

Really not much to debate here either, just opinions.

I have thought if what would happen if the Wright brothers were shown a US space shuttle and asked to figure it out?

I think they were pretty darn smart,and could get a good general idea somewhat.
But would lack to much to do anything with it, untill a variety of tech caught up with the time.

But back engineering from a craft 1000+ years more advanced might be imposiible?
For some hundred years or such?

Food for thought.

Love you all even if you hate me.,,I say that so I win in the end.

Molly

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyMN

A thought provoking post, MollyMN. And one to which I do not know the answers....But I'm sure it'll fire up some interest !

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
all i can say is at the age of 9 i was playing a ZX Spectrum computer game...by accident it crushed and there I was face to face to all the code which made up the game...

since it was summer and I had plenty of free time I grabbed a copybook and started to copy all the code..pen and paper..

then re-copied the text..changing some numbers there..some text here and view the results...

after a year..i was able to write my first small games

so ye..i belive in back engineering

edit on 17-6-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Smile and thanks.

I kinda thought so to.

We had some pretty smart people back then.

I would not definatly under estimate them.

Otheres ,a few hundred years back, are 10 fold better at math than me..

Spelling also.

Molly

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Molly i just gave you a star because your so darn cute.

Good thoughts on the thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If you were to give the Chinese a space shuttle, they wouldn't have a lot of trouble reverse engineering something that LOOKED like a shuttle. If you took that same shuttle back 50 or 60 years even, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to do. Farther back, and it would be impossible.

There is a wonderful example of how difficult it is to reverse engineer, when you look at the Boeing 727. Boeing sold three 727 aircraft to what was then "Red China" as a goodwill gesture. Later, Joe Sutter of Boeing was visiting Beijing, when he was shown a fourth aircraft that APPEARED to be a 727. Externally, it looked just like the other three. Upon closer inspection, several things stood out immediately, one being that the control yoke would be impossible to move without the strength of several gorillas. Luckily they never flew the aircraft.

That was trying to reverse engineer something that is built of similar technology. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not as easy as a lot of people assume it would be to do.

edit on 6/17/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyMN

Hiya, I'd be surprised if the Wright Brothers could reverse-engineer anything like computer tech or circuit boards. If you look at this Saturn 5 memory module it's hard seeing how they'd even know *what* it was before they had a crack at back-engineering it. This little doo-dah was part of the guidance systems and the Saturn couldn't be flown without it.

Even if they could take these items apart, would they have any chance of knowing what to do with them or where they'd go in a vehicle larger than most big houses?

Those Wright Bros. were bright minds, but they'd be bamboozled by these examples.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
They would doubtless be intrigued by the principle of jet propulsion. It was 25 years or so later that Frank Whittle published a paper on compressors and turbines.
Informing them the space shuttle would stagger them backwards into their workshop. Minutes later, emerging calm and composed they would then set to work analysing it's flight characteristics.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MollyMN

I can see where you're coming from but the shuttle isn't the best example to use, since it can't fly...it glides.

Now, placing a modern prop aircraft in front of them would of course make their eyes pop, but the concepts are all still there, the wings, how to steer etc etc.

I doubt they could mimic it, as Zaphod said, the kings of copying, the Chinese couldn't manage it in modern times.
What they could do though, is take the modern and proven concepts and apply it to the Kittyhawk...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It's been reported that the Nazi regime had obtained a crashed craft approximately three months before the start of World War II and used reverse-engineered technology (along with possible extra-terrestrial intervention) to devise their aeronautics and proposed space programs.

If it's in the realm of possibility (since German Nazi scientists stated that they received help from the "others") that the Nazi's had help--either thanks to reverse engineering, alien intervention, or a combination of the two--then I would venture to say that, at the very least, that it's possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

smile,kinda cool.
LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by grayghost

Star back at you,and I hope you are not a fan of the Kardashians though.
Thanks.

There a few here who think I am the next Madonna,but we must refrain ourselves and keep on topic.(Just a joke)

Smile

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thats a very good example.

China could have college courses on "back engineering". as nortorious as they are when it comes to copying stuff.

Good point.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I agree with you.

But they were pretty smart.
It would take years untill they would get a general understanding of it, or some theories.
The tech of that time would have to advance more,and to back engineer it, would take decades.

As for an ET craft?
Being way far more advanced,could take a century and lucky if we could make a pro-type maybe.

Never under estimate us humans though(smile),we figure alot of stuff out accidently and even by mistakes.
We may not be able to figure out its propulsion system at first,but there could be some other gizmos we could pick up on.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jamdan

Im sure they would be hard at it.
Even if it took the rest of there lives on it.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Cant argue with you on that.(smile)
Would take a few decades for(there tech at the time) just to get small understanding of it.

But there would be many other gizos they could pick up.

Easier said than done,thats for sure.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
"Sufficiently advanced technology can be indistinguishable from magic"

With that in mind,

Have you ever been shown a magic trick that wowed you?

That you then did everything you could to try and understand and replicate but couldn't because it was beyond your understanding?

Same principal,

It would be like giving a steel sword to a stone age ancestor.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join