It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation VS Resurection... Can both be possible?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Can you accept one and deny the other?

Jesus was raised from the dead... and came back according to "religious authorities"... and in Revelation he apparently it says he apparently will be comming back.

So is this not another "incarnation" of Christ? (assuming that it will happen)

The idea of reincarnation is far older then "christianity"... And if you know where to look in your bible, its very clear that life after death exists... there IS a "world to come"

Im interesting in hearing others opinions on this question...

Can you accept one and deny the possibility of the other?

Discuss rationally please...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think it's totally possible for both. Recently there was a story about the boy who remembered his past life as a fighter pilot in WW2 - Pretty convincing. I've seen some other convincing stories as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

reincarnation and resurrection both occur when one gives up their former life to fulfill the life of another.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

Ahh creed... they do bring tears to my eyes...

As my brain slowly melts and drips out of my ear...

jkjkjk...

thanks for your reply

edit on 16-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Okay I am trying to avoid getting to deep in to this subject yet.

I believe that when you die die you get "judged for lack of a better word. You are not judged on whether or not you were a good person as it relates too others. You get judged on whether or not you figured out why your are here.

If you completed this journey and discovered why you are here then you move on. If you do not then you are reincarnated.

This is a basic view more to come later.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I do think both are possible, in fact I believe you can not have one without the other. If you read my thread Earth School: The Next Evolution of the Human Mind(Breaking the Matrix), which is a condensed version of a book I wrote a number of years ago, I explain my belief in that one must learn certain lessons to move on to the higher planes. If one does not learn the lessons they must return until they do. When one does learn all the lessons they move to the higher planes. One that understands the lessons and devotes their life to teaching them one can then ascend or die to move on.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hi Arkagon!

Do I think that it's possible that Jesus died and that his 3 day old corpse was reanimated in order to teach us about reincarnation? No.

I think his resurrection was a resuscitation. I think that Jesus did teach about reincarnation, among other things. I think the scripture was misinterpreted or manipulated to skew the events of his survival of the crucifixion and his ensuing ministry.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
without a doubt. many yogis including the Christ have been reported of resurrecting from the dead. and as far as reincarnation it's pretty obvious it's true. kids coming out speaking different languages, remembering past lives-having those past lives verified. even i..ah nvm

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

even i..ah nvm

HEY!!!

Thats NOT allowed in my threads!!

Ye can't hint at something and leave us hangin...

Fess up buster!

edit on 17-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
John 1

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias

Why would they ask john if he was Elias, if they didn't hold some belief in "reincarnation"?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
In Christian teaching, Resurrection is something that happens only once. Each individual is incarnate only once.
Reincarnation, by definition, is an incarnation which happens more than once.
The complete incompatability between "only once" and "more than once" is built into the language; only one of them can be true at a time.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Why would they ask john if he was Elias, if they didn't hold some belief in "reincarnation"?

It is just as reasonable to suppose that they were envisaging the return of the original Elias in his original body (you will recall that this was taken up to heaven, according to the story, and not buried on earth).
So this would be no more a "reincarnation" than the expected return of Christ in his resurrected body would be a reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Because Prophet Elias did not die, according the Old Testament. So possibly, they thought that Prophet Elias has re-appeared since he didn´t die at first place.

καὶ ἐγένετο αὐτῶν πορευομένων ἐπορεύοντο καὶ ἐλάλουν καὶ ἰδοὺ ἅρμα πυρὸς καὶ ἵπποι πυρὸς καὶ διέστειλαν ἀνὰ μέσον ἀμφοτέρων καὶ ἀνελήμφθη Ηλιου ἐν συσσεισμῷ ὡς εἰς τὸν οὐρανόν

2Ki 2:11

Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

John 1

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias

Remember me from a thread yesterday , you are an intelligent person no doubt so why do you persist to decieve ?

are ye of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murder from the beginning , and abode NOT in the truth , because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie , he speaketh of his own : for he is a liar and the father of it . John 8:44

You know the truth of your question above but put out a lie to enable another lie , the topic of the thread . The Pharasee spoke to John the Baptist to see if he was the prophecied Christ which had nothing to do with reincarnation . But had every thing to do with a preordained Messiahs coming being born in Bethlahem .

The truth will set you free.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: Spell

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The term "Resurrection" means rising up from the grave. This comes from the 3rd and 4th dimensions crossing, it will seem like the dead are rising from the grave, when all it is really is our two worlds are within each other.
Reincarnation is not only a very real thing, it is in the Bible, and early Christians even taught Reincarnation. Earth is a school for Spirits, and each one spends many lifetimes in Earth life, learning lessons and learning to be Creators in their own right.
King James Bible & Reincarnation

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Can you accept one and deny the other?

Jesus was raised from the dead... and came back according to "religious authorities"... and in Revelation he apparently it says he apparently will be comming back.

So is this not another "incarnation" of Christ? (assuming that it will happen)

The idea of reincarnation is far older then "christianity"... And if you know where to look in your bible, its very clear that life after death exists... there IS a "world to come"

Im interesting in hearing others opinions on this question...

Can you accept one and deny the possibility of the other?

Discuss rationally please...

Two methods of birth we know about. Water or Spirit. Both if you want spirit. Water if the union fails. Fire returns the water. Gardening is the image that reveals the process. Isaiah 26:19-end. You must be born again. I did a good article linked in my signature. Water and spirit baptism.

In the Isaiah verse, the trick is to be the people of the Lord and not his enemy. The earth must also die and be reborn in fire. When it is restored, so are the people of the Lord. Its a garden.
edit on 17-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Akragon

The term "Resurrection" means rising up from the grave. This comes from the 3rd and 4th dimensions crossing, it will seem like the dead are rising from the grave, when all it is really is our two worlds are within each other.
Reincarnation is not only a very real thing, it is in the Bible, and early Christians even taught Reincarnation. Earth is a school for Spirits, and each one spends many lifetimes in Earth life, learning lessons and learning to be Creators in their own right.

I read your link and every verse they cite has nothing to do with reincarnation , not a one . It is all bad bible interpretation to push a bad agenda which has nothing to do with the truth of Gods word and has everything to do with the works of Satan . For lack of a better term the new age movement uses many verses from the new and old testament to push their agenda . Seems you have fallen for this lie good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
In Christian teaching, Resurrection is something that happens only once.

Are you referring to the resurrection of Jesus being the only resurrection, ever? If so, this is untrue, if you believe that sort of thing. Jonah and Lazarus come to mind immediately. Then there's the expectation of the return/resurrection of original body of Elias and the story of the return of Enoch in his body, after being taken up to observe the great flood, among other things.

Each individual is incarnate only once.

Please define individual. If you mean the bodily shell of ego and personality, then yes. But the spirit goes on to live again.

Reincarnation, by definition, is an incarnation which happens more than once.
The complete incompatability between "only once" and "more than once" is built into the language; only one of them can be true at a time.

You're mixing up the reality of the physical body and the experience of the spirit. The body can't be resurrected after death. That's a fact. But the experience of the spirit continues, even in your religion. You believe it continues to exist too, either in heaven, paradise limbo, purgatory or hell.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Akragon

I read your link and every verse they cite has nothing to do with reincarnation , not a one . It is all bad bible interpretation to push a bad agenda which has nothing to do with the truth of Gods word and has everything to do with the works of Satan . For lack of a better term the new age movement uses many verses from the new and old testament to push their agenda . Seems you have fallen for this lie good luck with that.

I love little children who understand things to the limit of their perception. You have your views but they are clearly in the Kindergarten section of evolution where you still belive in duality and cannot understand that ego views of duality is the real work of Satan where he/she uses ego to divide and conquer on the smallminded minds. This will be the final last post I will make to you since trying to make you understand will be pointless at this time.

You might wanna read Jesus message again and not cast stones at your neighbours because you do not understand them. Maybe you should think a little more over what egoloss means and be sure that jesus will not tell you that He does not know you.
edit on 17-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven83

If you completed this journey and discovered why you are here then you move on. If you do not then you are reincarnated.

Reincarnated...or is that reincarcerated?

Notice the incident when Nicodemus came to Jesus and asked about reincarnation, in response to Jesus saying that he needed to be born again. Here, Jesus had a perfect opportunity to expound on reincarnation, but He did not, so I really have to doubt the concept.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

<<   2  3 >>

join