It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God Conspiracy on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

You like that eh...

Like i said hun, if you don't want the preaching stay out of the religion section...

Block the whole forum with that little red (-) sign...

Problem solved

Your own thread has the word "conspiracy" in it, yet i don't see one...

edit on 16-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

All Roads Lead to Rome
Unfortunately the OP has been banned so I don't think you w ill be able to elicit much debate from them but it's a great thread nonetheless.

Oh, I see

second line

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

You like that eh...

Like i said hun, if you don't want the preaching stay out of the religion section...

Block the whole forum with that little red (-) sign...

Problem solved

If it only it were that simple.

Besides starting threads that have nothing at all to do with a conspiracy, they come into other threads preaching their god. It doesnt matter what the subject matter is, it really doesnt- they totally spam threads with their preaching.

edit to add because of a spelling error and to add- yeah I like that Ak

edit on 16-6-2012 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just post pictures of attractive naked ladies. That'll derail the thread instantly.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Dear lifecitizen,

A rant is a rant and you are entitled to your opinion. Having said that, you don't have to read religious threads. It is better that you don't read them then people not be allowed to discuss what they will. I have no difficulty ignoring threads on Niburu or reptilians. I just don't read them. As for the moderators, they do their job quite well and I have even argued with them in the religion section and know that they take their jobs seriously and are watched by other mods.

As for baiting, please, their are more atheists posting on the religion threads about how God is a fairy tail then there are believers posting on non-religious threads about God. Why should you care if me and others talk about religion in the Religion section? I don't care if Satanists start their own threads in the religion section, I don't have to read them. If we deny them their right to thing and discuss what they believe then none of us deserve the precious limited freedom of speech we still have left. And having said that, I gave you a flag for your rant. Peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dearest Akragon,

Well said and always in an amusing manner. I joked with you not long ago and someone accused me of having been passive aggressive with you and they were completely wrong. I always enjoy watching you play. Peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I tend to bring out the "demons" in people

Thanks for the cudo's... i hope all is well with you my friend

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
*sigh*

Have you ever noticed how many of the people in the religious section argue over the meaning of x scripture among themselves? (Hey I do it too, so this is NOT a complaint.) There's a huge way that sect x's upbringing affects how they come to conclusions about the text means.

For example; "Original Sin". It's a Catholic belief that has stayed with quite a few other sects, in which the belief is that "the sins of the father" are inherited by the child. It's where the idea that Mary HAD to be sinless for Christ to come from her comes from. It's where baby Baptism comes from. Other groups don't baptize children because a section on becoming a follower on Christ states point blank that you account for the consequences of your making a decision, and young children are incapable of that. Nowhere in that book does the phrase "original sin" ever pop up, although the concept of an original sin is in Adam and Even, and there's some scripture that says something about the sins of the father visiting upon the 10th generation--and then it comes from within a context few take time to study.

So, there's what the Bible says, and what people think the Bible says because people draw conclusions from what is plainly stated---that may or may not have to do with the text.

To make matters worse, the King James has 2 bad things going for it:

1. It was translated off the Latin Vulgate, which itself is a translation of the Greek for the OT and NT, which itself is a translation from the Hebrew and small portion of Aramaic in the OT. So 3-4 separate language translations. Older Greek Bibles/segments have been found, as well as Hebrew scrolls--so there are a few minor mistranslated--not many at all, due to this, but enough for people to want to make new translations, trying to remove the errors in the new translations.

2. The other is that King James had an agenda. He was a Catholic, trying to perpetuate as much Catholic conclusions as he possibly could. Since the Church was in the habit of sprinkling babies, by that point, Baptism was transliterated instead of translated to Immersion. To this day, groups argue over whether sprinkling is acceptable. Frankly, the Greek word is Baptizo, not Bapto, so it's not just Immersion, it's Immersion that changes the nature of the immersed--and when in Aorist tense, it's Immersion that continually changes the nature of the immersed into a new creature. Complicated. Aslo, there's thins like the word meaning Elder being intentionally translated as "Bishop"--never mind that Bishops don't fit the description nor example of what an Elder to be (married,, faithful children, a group of men over a local congregation, together, kind of autonomous).

So, why is this important? When you get to the Christian related conspiracies, if you don't know the nuances, you come up with asinine conclusions that are not based in ANYTHING. It may not be what is going to change your personal life, or even bring you to God, but it will make understanding where things went wrong in x, y, and z situation, to be simultaneously grounded in that book, then grounded in the history that lead it to be twisted in such a way. It's plain good scholarship.

And there's no way to explain to someone where their education on the subject is lacking unless we go through the types of post you are complaining about, or their counterpoint, the atheist "attacks" on Christianity.

This makes more sense?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

TextIm being mean by having an opinion? surely you jest! I see threads about god everywhere, not just in the religion section. If they stayed there where they're supposed to be I wouldnt be here whinging would I?

I agree and the atheists that go on the religious threads anout God go preaching their religion of magic evolution which denies God . The atheists seem to be more evangelical and disruptive than the religious types .

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
*sigh*

Have you ever noticed how many of the people in the religious section argue over the meaning of x scripture among themselves? (Hey I do it too, so this is NOT a complaint.) There's a huge way that sect x's upbringing affects how they come to conclusions about the text means.

For example; "Original Sin". It's a Catholic belief that has stayed with quite a few other sects, in which the belief is that "the sins of the father" are inherited by the child. It's where the idea that Mary HAD to be sinless for Christ to come from her comes from. It's where baby Baptism comes from. Other groups don't baptize children because a section on becoming a follower on Christ states point blank that you account for the consequences of your making a decision, and young children are incapable of that. Nowhere in that book does the phrase "original sin" ever pop up, although the concept of an original sin is in Adam and Even, and there's some scripture that says something about the sins of the father visiting upon the 10th generation--and then it comes from within a context few take time to study.

So, there's what the Bible says, and what people think the Bible says because people draw conclusions from what is plainly stated---that may or may not have to do with the text.

To make matters worse, the King James has 2 bad things going for it:

1. It was translated off the Latin Vulgate, which itself is a translation of the Greek for the OT and NT, which itself is a translation from the Hebrew and small portion of Aramaic in the OT. So 3-4 separate language translations. Older Greek Bibles/segments have been found, as well as Hebrew scrolls--so there are a few minor mistranslated--not many at all, due to this, but enough for people to want to make new translations, trying to remove the errors in the new translations.

2. The other is that King James had an agenda. He was a Catholic, trying to perpetuate as much Catholic conclusions as he possibly could. Since the Church was in the habit of sprinkling babies, by that point, Baptism was transliterated instead of translated to Immersion. To this day, groups argue over whether sprinkling is acceptable. Frankly, the Greek word is Baptizo, not Bapto, so it's not just Immersion, it's Immersion that changes the nature of the immersed--and when in Aorist tense, it's Immersion that continually changes the nature of the immersed into a new creature. Complicated. Aslo, there's thins like the word meaning Elder being intentionally translated as "Bishop"--never mind that Bishops don't fit the description nor example of what an Elder to be (married,, faithful children, a group of men over a local congregation, together, kind of autonomous).

So, why is this important? When you get to the Christian related conspiracies, if you don't know the nuances, you come up with asinine conclusions that are not based in ANYTHING. It may not be what is going to change your personal life, or even bring you to God, but it will make understanding where things went wrong in x, y, and z situation, to be simultaneously grounded in that book, then grounded in the history that lead it to be twisted in such a way. It's plain good scholarship.

And there's no way to explain to someone where their education on the subject is lacking unless we go through the types of post you are complaining about, or their counterpoint, the atheist "attacks" on Christianity.

This makes more sense?

Are you kidding?
er, no lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear lifecitizen,

A rant is a rant and you are entitled to your opinion. Having said that, you don't have to read religious threads. It is better that you don't read them then people not be allowed to discuss what they will. I have no difficulty ignoring threads on Niburu or reptilians. I just don't read them. As for the moderators, they do their job quite well and I have even argued with them in the religion section and know that they take their jobs seriously and are watched by other mods.

As for baiting, please, their are more atheists posting on the religion threads about how God is a fairy tail then there are believers posting on non-religious threads about God. Why should you care if me and others talk about religion in the Religion section? I don't care if Satanists start their own threads in the religion section, I don't have to read them. If we deny them their right to thing and discuss what they believe then none of us deserve the precious limited freedom of speech we still have left. And having said that, I gave you a flag for your rant. Peace.

Peace to you too.

I seriously beg to differ that there are more atheists posting on religious threads than vice versa.

In fact, a thread can be going along, it can be about anything- how beautiful our planet is say- and what will happen? a religious person will come in and start on about a god. Doesnt matter what the topic is for some religious people they will always turn it around to be about their god and the thread devolves into a fight between god folk and non god folk.

Thanx for the flag, though I dont really get the whole star and flag process. Seems all the good threads disapper that way and people post for the kudos.
edit on 16-6-2012 by lifecitizen because: addition

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

what was the thread about that got closed? were you proving god does not exist?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A more appropriate forum for the religiously inclined: Christian Forums

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Ok, what about it was not making sense and why?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

what was the thread about that got closed? were you proving god does not exist?

I didnt start the thread, someone else did who is now banned apparently. It was about story of Snow White and the story of Jesus. I dont know who the OP was but if they got banned maybe they had a history of causing trouble?
And no I don't think the OP was trying to prove a god doesnt exist.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Ok, what about it was not making sense and why?

I don't know what your post was getting at besides you posting about religion. sorry.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I agree with you that there should not be preaching of any sort in any of the other forums. In the Conspiracies in Religion forum, however, I do think it's unavoidable. I also think that there are people of all faiths and none -- including myself a recovering Catholic now Atheist -- who rather enjoy the debate.

The faithful believers have their stand and there are some, like me who see thinks a different way, more from a historical and scientific fact point of view. We (the different factions) read and respond to the posts in the Conspiracies in Religion forum in order to "enlighten" someone to the "truth".

When other forum topics get side-railed and there are God/preaching/proselytizing post after post, YES, I find that very annoying! That is why there are different forums so that views can be expressed in their proper place. I do understand that at times, the subject of God or faith comes up to make a point BUT then others latch onto it and run with it. THAT, I find extraordinarily aggravating! Somehow those posts aren't seen as off topic either which I don't understand...
edit on 17-6-2012 by wevebeenassimilated because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
But thats just it, there is no conspiracy in their threads, its just a platform for their preaching and which always degenerate into a slinging match.

Where is said conspiracy in this thread

I do see preaching tho ...
edit on 17-6-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You never know unless you ask a mod.. the removal of the thread could have been due to an all out bash-fest. Like an ATS Xtian VS Atheist Death Match.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

God loves and gives. The Pagan God takes and hates.

Can you prove either of those statements? Because for one thing, you have no idea of anything Pagan save for what some preacher told you, and know nothing of the OT Gods ways and evil things he did to his people.
Here is a good place to start learning about just how evil your God really is:
Bible Atrocities List

How many has the Christian God killed?

I have a great deal more, if you are the least interested is researching your religion, but I doubt you would ever question anything like that, would you now? May I humbly suggest you post every bad thing Pagans have done over the years, and how many humans have been killed because the Pagan Gods and Goddesses ordered it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join