It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Illegals seem to find the money for their stolen identities and fraudulent documents through deciet. Many work under the table. Many of the women claim they are a one income household when they are not and collect welfare, have medical, cheap housing etc. You want to talk about morals?

According to whom?
I think you are just repeating something you were told without doing one bit of looking into anything here for yourself. You cannot apply for welfare without a valid SSN. So I will most certainly be checking back here for sources.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
reply to post by MuonSpin

Thank you both InfoKartel and MuonSpin for the kindness and compassion.

thanks for the compliment!

Truely, I wish I could be as kind and compassionate as I know I ought to be.

There are others on this forum who show far more compassion and kindness than I.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I appreciate it, I didn't see anything that was unkind in any of your posts. The nature if this site is more one of debate you shouldn't feel that you are lacking in any way

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

In reply to your post about Elvira Arellano, I say thanks for sharing. I have not heard this before. I will say anti-American sentiment, & claims of American imperialism seem to be wildly popular these days, even among American's. I have to admit, I think some of these people are not unfounded in their disdain for American imperialism & "collateral damage" of their homelands. One has only to observe the US legacy over the past century. Still, I am turned off by her ungratefulness for the nation she wants to reside in. Despite this, I won't let it soil my perception of the vast majority of those immigrants who appreciate and love this country for the good that still remains.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I agree things have gone a bit downhill here.

I wish those in Mexico could see their country through my eyes, the have such beautiful lands and ancient monuments that I would so love to see in person.

The have a wonderful cultural history, I see their country as something well worth fighting for to improve their lives and allow them to enjoy living close to such amazing history
edit on 6/17/12 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I do agree with most people that say the this is a ploy to try and sway some votes his way. But I disagree with those who say this is an unfair and disrespectful amnesty. A lot of the beneficiaries of this amnesty are people who were brought across the US border illegally as infants or children by their parents. I am one of those who was brought across the border at the tender age of 6 months. I was born in Colombia and lived in the US my whole life before moving to Turkey earlier this year. For 26 years I lived in the USA illegally and experienced first hand what it is like to live with that burden. Was it my fault that my parents immigrated to the USA illegally? Should I be held accountable for a decision they made? I am very fond of my Colombian heritage and I proudly say that I am a Colombian citizen. But I can't ignore the fact that my personality and my way of life is heavily influenced by the 26 years I spent in the USA. Am I any less deserving of an opportunity to make a living than any other natural born US citizen?

I am happy for those people who will finally be able to apply for a job without the awkward feeling of not having legal status. I applaud Mr. Obama for doing this, even though I do feel the only reason he did is for his own personal benefit.
edit on 17-6-2012 by iLLuJunZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Illegals seem to find the money for their stolen identities and fraudulent documents through deciet. Many work under the table. Many of the women claim they are a one income household when they are not and collect welfare, have medical, cheap housing etc. You want to talk about morals?

According to whom?
I think you are just repeating something you were told without doing one bit of looking into anything here for yourself. You cannot apply for welfare without a valid SSN. So I will most certainly be checking back here for sources.

According to THEM! My former co-workers who are illegal told me. A stolen identity will get you the social security number you need.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by Night Star

There was nothing racist in what D'briefed posted.

That's your first reading comprehension failure.

No, we do not need thousands of people taking away jobs from citizens.

That's ignorance of economic works right there. Another fail.

These people are getting more of a chance than those coming here the proper way.

Ignorance of immigration issues right there. Third fail. Riddle me this: What do those who go to the US the "proper way" (certainly you'd see bribing officials as the proper way, after all, as long as it nets you money in your head, it's "proper") have that those who go to the US the improper way don't have?

That is wrong.

Until you research more than just; reading everything from right wing news outlets and until you stop soaking up fox news bulletins, then you will not have ANY understanding about immigration and your moral judgement then becomes reflective of you rather than that which you're judging.

There are people from all over the world who deserve a better chance at life, it doesn't mean we can help them all as much as we wish that we could now does it?

Please. If you fail to understand the immigration issues of your own country and how it's irreversibly tied to economical and educational successes of your country(meaning; without those illegal immigrants America would be WAAAAAAAAAAAY worse off) then do not bring in all the other countries in the world into it.

But by all means, don't take your ear away from those right wingers who oppose illegal immigrants with bloodthirsty zealotry, it's not like they made their wealth off the backs of illegal immigrants and outsourcing, right?

PS.

You don't need to argue back, it is evident that you fail to understand a few things but that never stopped you from forming an opinion. Good for you. Now go educate yourself and get rid of your ignorance.
edit on 17-6-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

You are ignorant in your assumptions and have a lack of understanding. You don't deserve an in depth reply.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

According to THEM!

All of them?

So someone told you something and you just believe it? That is pretty #ing gullible.

My former co-workers who are illegal told me. A stolen identity will get you the social security number you need.

Cool, you knew a few people that told you something.
Now I am going to ask again and this time I expect an answer

You will get the same answer from many others all across the USA. It isn't the answer you want to hear so you will insult and be condescending. That's your perogative. I was friends with these people for many years, still in touch with a couple. It doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not. I have nothing to gain by making aything up. Make of it what you will.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Some attacks are best ignored.... You offer good poins based on your personal experience.
edit on 17-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You will get the same answer from many others all across the USA.

I am sure you are right. There is not shortage of people that say stupid and ignorant crap, state it as a fact, and then never understand why they might have to look into it first and see if it is true.

It isn't the answer you want to hear so you will insult and be condescending.

I am asking for proof. If asking you where you get your info is condescending and insulting then a message board like this is not for you.

That's your perogative. I was friends with these people for many years, still in touch with a couple. It doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not. I have nothing to gain by making aything up. Make of it what you will.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

I am still waiting for you to explain to me how you were friends with every illegal immigrant in the country. Your statement was about all of them, not the handful you knew.

If you cannot back it up, do not get all mad when people decide not to believe you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Some attacks are best ignored.... You offer good poins based on your personal experience.

She made a blanket statement about all illegal immigrants based on what SHE WAS TOLD by a few she happened to know.

What happened to people's brains?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

She made a blanket statement about all illegal immigrants based on what SHE WAS TOLD by a few she happened to know.

What happened to people's brains?

In Houston alone, it is said that 7o% of illegal immigrants are on welfare.
www.39online.com...

"...data from Los Angeles County officials shows up to $600 million in welfare benefits may have been paid out to illegal immigrants in 2010."

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

"Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisanWashington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S."
www.judicialwatch.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Maybe you do not understand that 70% is not all so even with your best "evidence" you do not come close to backing up your blanket statement. Again, all you have is what you have been told about SOME folks.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Maybe you do not understand that 70% is not all so even with your best "evidence" you do not come close to backing up your blanket statement. Again, all you have is what you have been told about SOME folks.

Just a hunch, but I doubt that any answer would please you or be to your satisfaction. That's ok, you believe what you want to and I will believe what I want to. The OP's topic at hand is: "Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line"

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And the topic at hand is not about every single illegal immigrant in the country. It's about the ones that were brought here as kids and were just following their parents.

They should be allowed a chance, and I'm glad Obama gave them that chance.

I don't know why people started screaming amnesty and path or citizenship when this provides no path for citizenship or even residency.
edit on 6/17/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/17/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The question is very simple.

Are Americans entitled to the benefits offered by our government?

If yes, then I don't know what your problem with anchor babies are.
Our own government recognize them as US citizens.

You want the law change, then lobby for it. But until then, Respect your fellow Americans.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's ironic that the ones who shout the loudest about immigration are the ones whose ancestors stole the land from the Native Americans.
If they hadn't been practically wiped out by the plague before the Mayflower came over here, the Pilgrims would have been sent back across the ocean.
Everybody screams and fusses about the Mexican natives immigrating, but their ancestors were here before the European ancestors were. They're not trying to take over, they're just trying to get back in.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join