It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overall 83 percent of Americans approve of the use of "unmanned, 'drone' aircraft against terrori

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.motherjones.com...

Ah, the simple voice of the sheeple.
But due the sheeple fully understand ?

There are 64 drone bases on American soil. That includes 12 locations housing Predator and Reaper unmanned aerial vehicles, which can be armed

www.wired.com...

And now the sheeple response......But they are banned from spying on U.S. citizens !

Predator drones are being used in domestic law enforcement cases, raising concerns that the aircraft are being deployed beyond the missions that Congress originally authorized them for, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

Want more ?

Police departments across the country have bought inexpensive small drone aircraft with cameras to help track drug dealers, find missing children and locate wandering Alzheimer's patients, but federal rules designed to protect the nation's airspace have kept them grounded.

www.civildispatch.com...

What else ?
Americas skys are crowded enough so what else can americas expect ?

images.search.yahoo.com...

Do the sheeple really believe that all these P.D.s spent their money and filed for FAA permits prematurely ?
Do the sheeple really believe that law enforcement agences will not exceed their stated use of these drones ?

Once this pandoras box opens think about all the uses Police, Fire , News , Traffic,Private Investigaters,Utility Companys, Realestate Sales, Companys tracking employees, the list is endless.
Do the sheeple really not see what is happening ?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
83 % of Americans? I was never asked this question and the last time I checked I'm American.
If only drones were able to distinguish militant from civilian.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Where do they get these figures, Mainstream media I take it. No one asked me and I bet no other member has been asked in a poll about this issue. I'm sure if it was truly a nationwide poll the numbers would be different. I have an idea. Let's add this issue to the november elections and see how the numbers turn out. Although your right there sure are a lot of sheeple out there who care more about MTV and American Idol or whatever crap is on tv these days.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What a load of chitlins !!!

NO ONE asked me,and I can guarantee that if I asked 50 people randomly,NO ONE asked them either.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't have a single problem with it. Doesn't make me a "sheep" or any other dumb term you want to use. Even your examples of possible uses in the future sounds pretty good to me. To be clear, I have no interest in the privacy rights of thugs, scumbags, criminals, fake injury workers comp losers, speeders, people that don't have time to stop at a stop sign, etc...

Fact: Crime is a hell of allot harder to get away with as technology grows. I have no Orwellian fears, but losers that get caught doing something they shouldn't be might be scared!

Now, when it comes to war, my biggest concern is that technology has made war too "easy", as in the risk to soldiers lives is less because everything is unmanned now. Makes justifying the attack easier when you know it won't cost you 1,000 of lives on your end.
edit on 14-6-2012 by usernameconspiracy because: added some war stuff

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What exactly are terrorists? If by terrorists, they mean people of different ethnic backgrounds and beliefs than us that our government doesn't actively sponsor at this moment I guess I get it.......

No wait, I don't. I don't believe in "Terrorists". I believe in small sects of extremest's that pose a tiny threat to world stability and almost no credible threat to life or liberty within our country.

Our foreign policy breeds extreme behavior and under no circumstance would I approve of any warfare that harms women and children and calls it acceptable loss.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
I don't have a single problem with it. Doesn't make me a "sheep" or any other dumb term you want to use. Even your examples of possible uses in the future sounds pretty good to me. To be clear, I have no interest in the privacy rights of thugs, scumbags, criminals, fake injury workers comp losers, speeders, people that don't have time to stop at a stop sign, etc...

Fact: Crime is a hell of allot harder to get away with as technology grows. I have no Orwellian fears, but losers that get caught doing something they shouldn't be might be scared!

You might be right about that, but what happens when there is one over your home in your town watching you and your family with no reason other than they can. Anyone who thinks they will follow the rules should take a look around. Since when does the government abide by the rules? I can see drones being used for nefarious reasons very easily, especially when people sit back and not care or call for their use to get the scumbags. What if they determine you to be a scumbag because you have an ats account?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
85% of Americans think their nation has the right to attack and harm other nations?

Don't ever, ever say "but we aren't our government" the next time you get confronted by someone who like me, hates you.

You clearly are your government, and the hatred you experience IS directed to the right people it seems.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There's hardly a day goes by where we dont see another report concerning governments inventing new laws to enable them to spy on our activity.

Our governments say its for the purpose of fighting terrorism.

If you were a terrorist would you send your secrets via the internet? or walk down the street with a sign on your head?

Well, would you?

It would be utterly foolish to do so.

They tell us the terrorists are very smart and devious so why should we believe they would be stupid enough to use the internet? or advertise themselves in public?
They wouldn't.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying it. all this spying on us has nothing to do with terrorism.

However!!!
If I were an enemy the first thing I'd try would be to infiltrate our governments.
We must assume this is really happening, so who is it that should be monitored?

We should be allowed to monitor our governments. We should have 24 hour cctv surveilance inside all government offices and be able to monitor their emails and fly our own drones over their homes. I accept this should exclude the MoD for obvious reasons.

Our governments have all the power and control, therefore..

WE MUST BE ALLOWED TO MONITOR THEM, ITS FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY!!

Is there any reason why we shouldn't?

It seems to me that all this surveilance madness is the wrong way around, we should be monitoring THEM.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Apparently you don't have a problem with the privacy and rights of anyone, bad or good .
Never claimed anyone specificly was a sheeple , you protest too much ??????

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Guys, the 83% is based off of the percentage of the people polled. They take that # and "trend" it to beyond who is available to be asked.

The real question should have been "Do you approve the use of unmanned, 'drone' aircraft against terrorists foreign AND domestic?" Because we all know where this is headed... it's no secret...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This poll is bogus!!!
Most Americans want their privacy...... all the while big brother is calling American's terrorist too....

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

You should worry about your own privacy rights, not some thug who will continue breaking the law with or without drones.... unmanned drones in America is the death of our rights....!!!!!!!
edit on 14-6-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The drones are obviously for US citizens. People are getting tired of government. They are waking up to the sham. Government is quietly preparing for the crackdown. They have no intention of relenquuishing power.

You have a constitutional right to remove a criminal government. The government you have now will never allow it. They have looked into the future and seen the revolution and are now preparing for it. They have the laws in place. Obama talked about having a civilian defense force that was as well armed and funded as the military. What do you think has been done to the police forces accross America? They have been militarized. Many municipal police forces have already received FAA approval for drones. This is the civilian defense force. All it needs to be activated is the "event" that drop kicks all of the laws that have been passed into effect.

The big lockdown is coming.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

So if there is a law that states you are violating it if you decide to... "wash your laundry in your underwear". Then you are completely OK with that person's right to privacy being violated since they're breaking the law?

I know it's a dumb scenario, but there are more and more laws being broken everyday by everyday americans, and mostly for non violent crimes. So that makes it OK to violate their rights?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

You are absolutely correct. "First they came for the fake injury workers, the speeders, and the scumbags, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't one of them."

You do realize that any dumb label like "sheep" is akin to any dumb label like "scumbag" which you use... they're all designed to divide us into the mindset that you have.

Edit * I was referring to "usernameconspiracy"...
edit on 14-6-2012 by Kevinquisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
-Sigh- You guys are so new to propaganda hitting you right in the face.
Let a pro (victim of the Communist propaganda machine) tell you how this works...

"83% of Americans believe that indefinite detention for accused terrorists (U.S. citizen or not) is the right course of action."

"90% of Americans think the Patriot act has made the country more safe."

"85% of Americans voted for Obama's 2nd term in office"

"95% of Americans voted Obama in for an unexpected 3rd term"

"Obama received a 98% approval on his new detention camp policy"

Small steps, people. I'm not saying I believe Obama might illegally take a 3rd term, but the propaganda machine is gearing up and going strong. Time to realize nobody was asked for their opinions. Time to realize you're told what your opinions should be.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
85% of Americans think their nation has the right to attack and harm other nations?

Don't ever, ever say "but we aren't our government" the next time you get confronted by someone who like me, hates you.

You clearly are your government, and the hatred you experience IS directed to the right people it seems.

You sure are spreading your hatred of Americans all over the board today aren't you. Are you even reading the responses or are you just stuck on this bogus poll and your idea that every American is in love with our government and foreign policies. Why all the hate. Did an american piss in your cornflakes this morning or something?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Who says they weren't already doing it? Do you think I look around the sky every time I walk outside to see if "they" are watching? I heard this same crap argument about the camera at intersections, ATM's, and everywhere else they are now.

What happened? Nothing. Well, nothing other than helping solve violent and non-violent crimes that may have otherwise gone unsolved. Seriously. It's just the same fear mongering over a loss of your feelings of privacy that comes up every single time. Do you hide yourself from the various cameras on the street corners when you are out? Do they even cross your mind?

By the way, I don't have a problem with red light cameras either...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The title of the post is to , Catch attention and arouse curiosity. (Public speaking 101)

As far as polls go they are all fixed.
If one takes a poll and wants a specific result, you do your polling where you will get the answers you want.
So where would one find positive results to drones ?
How about the companys that make them, the workers that make them and have a job, the elected polititions that brought the work to their state and don't forget the investors and the buyers... all voting Americans.
All polls are done the same way.

The funniest ones are on the street where they are filmed.
Do people not realize how many interviews are deleted and taped over when the disired results are not achieved.
edit on 14-6-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
The title of the post is to , Catch attention and arouse curiosity. (Public speaking 101)

As far as polls go they are all fixed.
If one takes a poll and wants a specific result, you do your polling where you will get the answers you want.
So where would one find positive results to drones ?
How about the companys that make them, the workers that make them and have a job, the elected polititions that brought the work to their state and don't forget the investors and the buyers... all voting Americans.
All polls are done the same way.

The funniest ones are on the street where they are filmed.
Do people not realize how many interviews are deleted and taped over when the disired results are not achieved.
edit on 14-6-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

Now that's something I can completely agree with you on! Polls say or prove whatever the pollster wants the poll to say or prove.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join