It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Triangle last minute radio transmissions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I dont know if this is the right place to post this one.

We all know its history i m not gonna go into that.What i want to know is since there are so many dissaperences was there ever a last signal before a ship went missing?Or did they just vanish?What is the nearest coastguard thats responsible for the specific area?Can we email them if they have anything in their records?

Any information is appreciated

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If anything said vessels and aircraft are at the bottom of the Atlantic, its not that they disappeared, its just that they sank all together.

As far as communication goes......haven't heard anything about that...other than the flight of WW II fighters that went missing off the coast of Florida, they had constant communication with their tower before they went into the drink.

More info Here
edit on 14-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

You might want to check out Gian Quasar's site, I'm on the fence about it personally. He lists some cases where radio transmissions were recieved hours after planes reported missing and should have run out of fuel etc, and one intriguing case where a plane allegedly disappeared in full view of the control tower.
As always it's a case of caveat emptor unless one is willing to check details personally as you seem to be willing to do.

www.bermuda-triangle.org...
edit on 14-6-2012 by strelok72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
All I can say is, I've been a professional yacht captain my whole adult life, mostly based in Florida. Therefore, I have been through the Bermuda triangle, oh, hundreds if not thousands of times. But I never sank. I obviously lived to tell the tale.

That's not to say I haven't seen some really weird stuff out there, but...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
All I can say is, I've been a professional yacht captain my whole adult life, mostly based in Florida. Therefore, I have been through the Bermuda triangle, oh, hundreds if not thousands of times. But I never sank. I obviously lived to tell the tale.

Big boat small boat?can you elaborate on some of those?And on any local legends?
2nd

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

what did you see??

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by strelok72

www.bermuda-triangle.org...

Strelok72, thanks for posting that link as it's the only remaining place I could find on the web that has the pilot transmission recording of flight N3808H which went missing over the triangle in 1980 - here's the transcript and it makes for some pretty freaky reading.

Location. Mona Channel, Caribbean Ocean near Puerto Rico

Date: June 28 1980

At 1810 Jose Antonio Maldonado Torres and his friend, Jose Pagan Santos, took off from Las Americas International Airport in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic in an Ercoupe aircraft marked N3808H.

The Ercoupe was owned by Santo’s father Jose Pagan Jimenez, an Aero Police officer in Puerto Rico. They were bound for home in Puerto Rico. At 2003 the Las Mesas radar site and several aircraft picked up radio transmissions from N3808H:

“Mayday, Mayday, Ercoupe ocho cero, eight zero, zero, Hotel. We can see a strange object in our course, we are lost, Mayday, Mayday.”

An Iberia Airlines flight IB-976 en route from Santo Domingo to Spain responded to the Mayday and received a reply:

“Ah we are going from Santo Domingo to ah San Juan International but we found ah a weird object in our course that made us change course about three different times we got it right in front of us now at one o’clock, our heading is zero seven zero degrees…our altitude one thousand six hundred a zero seven zero degrees…our VORs got lost off frequency…”

Iberia Flight IB-976 then relayed a message from San Juan Center asking N3808H to turn on their transponder.
N3808H replied that the Ercoupe was not equipped with a transponder. At 2006 Iberia IB-976 asked for their call sing and estimated position and received this reply:

“Right now we are supposed to be a about thirty five miles from the coast of Puerto Rico but we have something weird in front of us that make us lose course all the time I changed our course a second (unintelligible) our present heading right now is three hundred we are right again in the same stuff sir.”

They were not heard from again. At 2012 the Atlantic Fleet Weapons Range verified the last radar position of N3808H as thirty five miles west of Puerto Rico. A search that included Santos’s father was then mounted which centered on this last radar position. It was discontinued after two days when no trace had been found. No trace was ever found.

Link

reply to post by IMSAM

IMSAM, thanks for reminding me about this one.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

But what? com'on man you cant just end it like that.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

But what? com'on man you cant just end it like that.

Really. Thousands of vessels have made it untouched through the BT, however you will rarely ever meet anyone that had a problem there, because they are not coming back. So what if you were a captain traversing this area and never saw or experienced something wrong. I was in the military, we had a HUGE problem on a flight from Jacksonville to Bermuda, and I am lucky I am one of the rare people that can assure you that you are just a lucky person that did not have to go through that (as to post to : CaptChaos)
edit on 15-6-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

im curious about this huge problem, you left me in suspense. please do tell what happened, if you can.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think that most of the time there is no distress call. Evidence points to a very quick sinking of the vessels. Something like a rogue wave could cause this, and given that our understanding of them is just now in its infancy, this is a likely cause of some disappearances.

As far as Flight 19, the Navy Avengers that disappeared but maintained communications with ground stations, it has been proven that simple pilot error was to blame. One of the radio operators who was talking to the flight leader was trying to tell them to fly due west, but for whatever reason he wouldn't listen, convinced he was over they Florida Keys, when in fact the group was way farther north.

Even the other members of the crew tried to convince their leader to fly west, to no avail...And they didn't abandon him, or go against their orders, even though they knew they were right. He likely was suffering from vertigo, or something like it. Definitely confused, saying his compass was wrong, while everyone else's worked just fine. That adds to the allure, but in all honesty he just wasn't believing his instruments.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I think that most of the time there is no distress call. Evidence points to a very quick sinking of the vessels. Something like a rogue wave could cause this, and given that our understanding of them is just now in its infancy, this is a likely cause of some disappearances.

As far as Flight 19, the Navy Avengers that disappeared but maintained communications with ground stations, it has been proven that simple pilot error was to blame. One of the radio operators who was talking to the flight leader was trying to tell them to fly due west, but for whatever reason he wouldn't listen, convinced he was over they Florida Keys, when in fact the group was way farther north.

Even the other members of the crew tried to convince their leader to fly west, to no avail...And they didn't abandon him, or go against their orders, even though they knew they were right. He likely was suffering from vertigo, or something like it. Definitely confused, saying his compass was wrong, while everyone else's worked just fine. That adds to the allure, but in all honesty he just wasn't believing his instruments.

Yes, i have also read something about methane coming up from the ocean and making boats less buoyant or something to that affect.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

reply to post by charlyv

im curious about this huge problem, you left me in suspense. please do tell what happened, if you can.

In an ASW training exercise, Training reserve flight crew in SP-2H (P2-Neptune) August of 1972 out of Jacksonville FL to Bermuda and back. I was flying the radar seat. On the return leg (after a brief refeuling and crew debrief in Hamilton), we ran into a really weird storm about half way back to Jacksonville. It basically organized out of nowhere, and the pilots could only see an vast unlimited wall of dense clouds in our path that went from the water surface, way up in altitude that they could not estimate.

On radar, it looked like a front system, except I could see many holes and breaks in it that the pilots could not see visual. We all conferred on the radar display and they asked me to try and vector them through a large break about 20 degrees south of our course. As soon as we entered that break, the radar went total white-wash, and it got really dark outside the aircraft. There was no expected buffeting of the aircraft like you would expect entering a bad weather area. The pilots went into a climb, to about 8000 ft, but still, there was no visibility and the radar showed nothing but noise. The APS-20 radar is very powerful and I tried all sorts of gain adjustments and COAC displays, but could get nothing except a totally saturated display.

In those days, there was no GPS, and the P-2 had an inertial navigation system, which was going berserk, totally losing ground plot. The magnetic compass was spinning around as well. Then, a green glow appeared inside the cabin and you could feel static electricity in the air, as all the hair on your body starts to stand up, making it extremely itchy in a flight suit! The P-2 is non-pressurized so the ceiling without oxygen is over 10,000 ft, and the pilots did not want to climb that high, so we just rode it out for about a few more minutes, and then the plane just broke through the wall of clouds, and it was a beautiful day again!. We never lost radio control with Jacksonville, but the tower had no reports of any bad weather where we were. The nav system came back online, but since it had reset itself, it was not much help, however we never really deviated from our course very much and the VOR/DME was working fine, so we were able to get back to base like nothing every happened. No loss of time or anything like that, just a really weird experience.

edit on 17-6-2012 by charlyv because: clarity

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have been though the BT over a dozen times. Never seen anything weird, nor have anything weird happen on the navy ship i was on.

the islands looked nice when we got to them.

first time i ever saw a flying fish too that was odd

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Wow that had to be freaky as hell, thanks for sharing the story. i would ask my dad about it because he was in the navy, but he was on the USS Enterprise and never went through the BT i guess, that's what he says anyway.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yes, i have also read something about methane coming up from the ocean and making boats less buoyant or something to that affect.

Lichter, there's some interesting reading at this link which appears to discredit the methane bubble theory and also some comments here about disproportionate disappearances which are worth a look. It may just be a coincidence but I also found it intriguing that the triangle lies on the edge of the island of Puerto Rico which has experienced a huge number of freaky UFO/USO reports over the years - maybe there's no connection but there's a thread below detailing the sheer number of unusual reports.

UFOs,USOs and the Island of Puerto Rico

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Lichter, there's some interesting reading at this link which appears to discredit the methane bubble theory and also some comments here about disproportionate disappearances which are worth a look. It may just be a coincidence but I also found it intriguing that the triangle lies on the edge of the island of Puerto Rico which has experienced a huge number of freaky UFO/USO reports over the years - maybe there's no connection but there's a thread below detailing the sheer number of unusual reports.

UFOs,USOs and the Island of Puerto Rico

Cheers.

Thanks for the link. Yeah i personally never believed the methane bubble theory just remembered reading about it.

Maybe it is something to with USO/UFOs though. maybe im weird but i lean more towards that than methane bubbles.

top topics

join