It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media scorched for pathetic Obama coverage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, I have to hand it to Rush Limbaugh, he hit the nail on the head with these remarks.

Radio giant Rush Limbaugh is scorching the national media for their lack of coverage of problems in America directly tied to Barack Obama and his administration.

“The media doesn’t report this stuff and they think as a result nobody knows about it,” Limbaugh said today on his top-rated program.

“They continue to live in a state of denial, that there is an alternative media that is just as penetrating. They can pretend that by not covering a story, the story doesn’t happen. They can pretend by not covering a story, or not condemning an action, that nobody hears about it.”

Limbaugh said President Richard Nixon was hounded out of office 40 years ago “for a second-rate burglary that even to this day nobody can figure out.”

“We have got Watergate-type scandals in three different spots in this administration, and what’s the media writing about? Forty-year-old Watergate,” he said.

“For crying out loud, we have a regime which ignores federal judges on drilling moratoriums. We have a regime that is running an open money-laundering operation with union dues. We have an administration that is knowingly bankrolling losing industries, crony capitalism out the wazoo. Whatever Nixon did, it pales in comparison.”

He also noted the Justice Department declining to prosecute the New Black Panthers in Philadelphia “as was said because we’re not going after black defendants,” the president’s lawsuit against Arizona to stop the state from enforcing laws that protect their citizens, and the Fast and Furious gunrunning operation.

“For crying out loud, nobody died in Watergate! A federal agent died in Fast and Furious,” Limbaugh said. “We had [Attorney General Eric] Holder taunting members of the Senate yesterday: ‘I’m gonna stick to my guns.’”

While some headlines have said that Obama has experienced a “bad week,” Limbaugh preferred to look at events through a different prism.

“It has been not just a bad week, it has been a bad three-and-a-half years – not for Obama, but for us. Every week is a bad week for America, with Barack Hussein Kardashian in the White House,” he explained, referring to Obama’s jet-setting lifestyle reminiscent of the celebrity Kardashian family.

“On his worst week, President Kardashian has had it better than the richest man on the planet in recorded and unrecorded history,” he said.

www.wnd.com...

I know Rush is known for his outrageous and controversial remarks, but..... I have to admit he's right on these remarks.

Naturally, you won't see the MSM reporting any of his remarks. Gee, I wonder why?! LOL...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You're right on point, but you're on a forum dominated by people who live in the bubble created by the MSM and they like it there. More than likely they'll only post to attack you and Rush Limbaugh, while completely ignoring the points made. Mostly, because it's undeniable at this point. You can just go down the list of things our media, Democrats and ATS used to rage about, but now give Obama a pass on.

-High gas prices
-High unemployment
-Gitmo
-Wiretaps
-The PA
-Security leaks
-Obama gaffes (which always seem to be painted as the honest mistakes of a brilliant mind)

Im sure I'm missing a few more examples, but you get the point.
edit on 13-6-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
MSM is bought and paid for, no doubt about it. They have zero credibility these days. The internet has made all the big news outlets irrelevant at best. Complete liars working to screw the masses at worst. The absolute biggest disinformation agency that has ever existed /end rant

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Limbaugh better watch his back talking like that if he doesn't want to end up being Brietbarted.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KibbleChild

Haven't they already tried and failed a few times?

I detest Limbaugh, as I detest all things related to the scam of politics. But everything he says regarding Obama's crimes/failures, and the medias approval by silence, is true.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What did I tell you? Most people here are trained to only respond to anti-media threads when Fox is the topic of conversation. Otherwise, they stay silent.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Lol why is this news? Limbaugh is just doing what he is paid to do, and that's to blame everything on Obama and the Democrats. He's just following the Republican agenda and thats's to make Obama a one term president and trick the people into trusting a Republican again. Because we all know that Republicans care so much about Job creation and the poor of this country.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Lol why is this news? Limbaugh is just doing what he is paid to do, and that's to blame everything on Obama and the Democrats. He's just following the Republican agenda and thats's to make Obama a one term president and trick the people into trusting a Republican again. Because we all know that Republicans care so much about Job creation and the poor of this country.

And so with that you just dismiss what he says? You know this is called a "logical fallacy", right?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Not at all, I am disappointed with the Obama administration too! But im just saying that this isn'nt really anything new since this is what Limbaugh is paid to do.

In other words, hes just preaching to the choir

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Ahh, that is true. It is all media is: people of a contingency tuning in to hear their whisk of choice whip them into a froth.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
MSM is bought and paid for, no doubt about it. They have zero credibility these days. The internet has made all the big news outlets irrelevant at best. Complete liars working to screw the masses at worst. The absolute biggest disinformation agency that has ever existed /end rant

right, right...because there IS NO ONE on the internet that lies, and rush limbaugh always tells the truth...ok...sure...everyone believes that

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Not at all, I am disappointed with the Obama administration too! But im just saying that this isn'nt really anything new since this is what Limbaugh is paid to do.

Limbaugh is more than just a paid shill. He has a long history of preaching what he truly believes. You obviously, to me at least, don't know him, and his political leanings. To somehow call him less than a fanatic, is misunderstanding him.

He often, will go where no one else in his field will go....

Des

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

And so with that you just dismiss what he says? You know this is called a "logical fallacy", right?

well..i dismiss what he says as pure dogcrap. why? because years ago i actually went to the trouble of doing research on some of the crap limbaugh was spewing, rather than just believing what came out of his mouth...shocker! it turned out be that dogcrap.
for all of you ditto heads...don't you ever wonder why limbaugh never has ANYONE OF SUBSTANCE on to debate him on what he portends to know?...a man of such conviction should be UNAFRAID to have someone engage him in debate. talk about denying ignorance......logical fallacy??? right, sure....

edit on 14-6-2012 by jimmyx because: context

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

well..i dismiss what he says as pure dogcrap. why? because years ago i actually went to the trouble of doing research on some of the crap limbaugh was spewing, rather than just believing what came out of his mouth...shocker! it turned out be that dogcrap.
for all of you ditto heads...don't you ever wonder why limbaugh never has ANYONE OF SUBSTANCE on to debate him on what he portends to know?...a man of such conviction should be UNAFRAID to have someone engage him in debate. talk about denying ignorance......logical fallacy??? right, sure....

edit on 14-6-2012 by jimmyx because: context

and all these (true) attacks on his character aside, what say you about the allegations he makes (and that many, many people make) regarding Obama and his cronies being criminals?

Regardless of how much i may detest Limbaugh, not only is he free to say what he says (nothing illegal about sounding like a jackass), but in this case what he is saying is true. When Watergate happened, the buzzards descended on the White House. But in Fast and Furious....nothing. Solyndra....nothing. Everything gets ignored.

I am no fan of Bush, either. But every time he farted the buzzards would descend again. But why not Obama, when his crimes are completely obvious?

Screw the GOP/DNC debate here...what is going on in our country that checks and balances are conveniently ignored?

You DO know what a logical fallacy is, right? If not, then look up: Ignoratio elenchi. You are continuing to beat up on the truth that he is a blowhard, without addressing the question at hand: is what is in the OP reasonably accurate? Why or why not?
edit on 14-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm not too excited. FOX news did the same thing when Bush was in office. So did Rush. It's not about truth with him. Its about what democrat escapades he can go Nancy Grace on to keep your eyes on what he wants.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

There's YOUR problem, believing one word that comes out of this drug infested pathetic little man...hahahaha, little....the fact you give this idiot any consideration what-so-ever, and then blame the MSM for not covering in lockstep what limpballs says, is mind boggling. The MSM, unlike limpballs, has to get sources and verify facts. Limpballs just thinks something and it's supposed to be fact and he reports it as such. It's called standards, and just because you don't like the news or it doesn't agree with your political persuasion, doesn't mean it is false or it was paid for or that the MSM was corrupted, it just means things didn't work out the way you wanted, and that's just tough ti77ies.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

See the problem with Rush is that he's not credible.

He can't keep the insults and ad hominems and really his outright stupidity out of his reporting, therefore, his reporting is junk.

I may agree with some things he says, but he's a propagandist, a fear monger and is NO better than any of the liberal pundits or conservative ones that rely on harsh words and shock and awe tactics for ratings.

He's the Alex Jones of news reporting.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow.. I see the "liberal" media is trying to win again. Its sad when there are only a few places that will even touch on Obama's problems and as stated above the MSM jumps on and tries to crush any conservative that opens their mouth as if they have no right to speak in the presence of royalty.. And its amazing that the general public is ok with this. Doesnt anyone realize that most journalists and writers with the liberal arts colleges. And in response to someone above. Do you think maybe the reason Rush doesnt have a lot of big name people on to debate his might be because they know their only defense is silence? You cant defend the obvious.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76

There's YOUR problem, believing one word that comes out of this drug infested pathetic little man...hahahaha, little....the fact you give this idiot any consideration what-so-ever, and then blame the MSM for not covering in lockstep what limpballs says, is mind boggling. The MSM, unlike limpballs, has to get sources and verify facts. Limpballs just thinks something and it's supposed to be fact and he reports it as such. It's called standards, and just because you don't like the news or it doesn't agree with your political persuasion, doesn't mean it is false or it was paid for or that the MSM was corrupted, it just means things didn't work out the way you wanted, and that's just tough ti77ies.

Limbaugh is no less credible than any of the other mouthpieces. I have repeatedly said how much i dislike him, yet that is continuously brushed off in lieu of talking about how blind i must be for foollowing him.

So, with all that aside, have you nothing to say specifically about the allegations he is making? Or just more character arguments?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
You're right on point, but you're on a forum dominated by people who live in the bubble created by the MSM and they like it there. More than likely they'll only post to attack you and Rush Limbaugh, while completely ignoring the points made. Mostly, because it's undeniable at this point. You can just go down the list of things our media, Democrats and ATS used to rage about, but now give Obama a pass on.

-High gas prices
-High unemployment
-Gitmo
-Wiretaps
-The PA
-Security leaks
-Obama gaffes (which always seem to be painted as the honest mistakes of a brilliant mind)

Im sure I'm missing a few more examples, but you get the point.
edit on 13-6-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

Even if Rush isn't credible, Obama has polarized,this Nation. That's a fact. A fact many don't want to relate to,because they would have to choose,which side of fence,they are on. I also remember the bashing Bush took,for his many mistakes,and rightfully so.Obama has been given a pass,by those who might have supported him,and are now too afraid to say they might have been wrong about the man. Many don't like the taste of crow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join