It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depopulation is probably the answer. Let’s face facts however as unpleasant as they be. What are t

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Start with yourself!

Start with yourself!

Start with yourself!

No "civilized" discussion with people who are in favor of genocide.

Start with yourself! Period.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This myth is perpetuated by eugenecists and globalists who want you to believe that we need to fight amongs each other for a piece of the pie, when there's plenty of pie to go around, if it's split up properly.
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think the problem is controlling how many pies are made. This wouldn't be an issue if everyone made their own damn pies and leave other people's pie alone. People ought to decide for themselves who they want to share their pie with or if they want to have it all for themselves. To my understanding that was what the law was meant to be originally, to stop people from taking what was not theirs.
edit on 14-6-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
This. Exactly what i say when i see the depopulation topic come up.
It's a myth, It doesn't make any sense. Eventually it will. We have the land, the technology, to have a population of over 10 billion.

Also: The average birth/death rate will even out around 10 billion, and keep the population stable. Nature is self regulating and we are part of nature. Its just that we're doing it wrong right now.

And exactly how will certain cultures suddenly be able to stop themselves from fumping like bunnies, and instead, determine their number of offspring by their amount of resources? Because whatever your plan is to make this happen, it needs to happen yesterday.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Why should we? Some of us have osteo arthritis and have mobility issues to begin with, yet still have to fetch for a big family.

We have clean technology all around us but our leaders won't implement it, or disclose others.

And we can make any of this happen with todays current technology levels.

So what we have here is a problem with our voting habits and how people don't speak up and threaten to literally yank those who don't listen, and they seem to have a fear of collectively getting together locally and passing the purse and getting projects going Too pinko and collective for them.

in a world with solutions that are not used and buried, the things that happening are not problems, because they have solutions, but rather they are simply crimes.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
With the clean technology that is available, its the greed blocking it being utilized, and people are the gatekeepers these evil greedy creepos have to get through, we're supposed to stop them but don't, though they are a small minority, either through fear or trinkets being thrown them, distractions always distractions while they ruin everything they can for profit.

When they can grow a mercedes benz from a seed on a vine (talk about GMO) and it takes many years to mature, as if its AI or something, to road readiness, WHY WOULD THE PEOPLE GO BACK TO SERFDOM AND DYING WHEN THEY'RE 40, LIVING HARD LIVES INSTEAD OF CREATIVE AND WONDERFUL ONES?

Hell No! Not on my watch! Wake up and chain the pitbulls. And start to get those community councils going and lots of solutions.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

As distastefull as this sounds...
I always thought that If everyone who thought like this would just do the rest of us a favor and off themselves,.... I mean come on, you talking about this like you will be on the sidelines watching.

People who think like this need to be first in line as fodder for any meat grinder the evil doers come up with.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
When I see this:

2010 Mercedes Benz Biome Concept

(oh by the way, in case you missed it, that was disclosure! well to any reasoning mind it is)

and then this:

But with just alot of people shakign their fists at them and refusing to cooperate, go to work, do anything that is non esential such as education (permanent general strike till the world is saved and no forclosures of any kind tolerated and I mean everyone), we could have this and equality and abundance for all, THEN we have a problem not with numbers, population, technology, but within ourselves.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I agree with you 100% Rex and the sooner people like you jump off of cliffs and take long walks off short piers, the better off we will all be.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Just a quick thought that I had, as I read the opening sentences of this thread. For some reason the part talking about utilizing nuclear power and not having a truly viable option for the waste disposal just jumped up at me. What if the solution to the waste disposal problem was basically staring us right in the face and we didnt realize it?

Why couldnt we build some insanely large concrete and lead bunkers on the moon, and simply ship it up there and drop it off? That addresses a host of our problems that we have right now, and I am sure someone will jump out with negative reasons, but I bet we could collectively figure out any negative issues that may arise. Look at what that one solution could provide (just a list off the top of my head):

-immediate jobs for a slumping economy
-a new boom industry for waste disposal
-continuing positive growth in technology to solve problems such as more efficient space travel, and keeping on top of the aeronautical industry
-spread the use of nuclear energy to address growing world energy crisis
-start the process of terraforming the moon, leading to mars, and expanding from there
-getting some use out of a close terrestrial body
-implementing better and safer methods of space travel due to containment of radioactive waste
-reason to continue space program for indefinite future and most likely make the space agency more of a factor
-find other resources to use while we are on the moon, such as bringing back Helium-3, making He-3 cheaper
-jobs in creating new nuclear facilities extending all the way down to simple concrete workers
-creating new, safer, natural disaster resistant reactors (fukushima?)
-starts the much needed ignition to actually putting humans to working and living in space environments
-nearby in cosmic terms (would also be possible to just launch the waste and explode it on surface of nearby 'hot' planets ~Venus?, Mercury?, Sun?)
-address population issue by increasing cheap and efficient energy
-address economy issues by providing cheap energy, cheaper cost to make products, etc
-waste off planet in case of catastrophic natural disaster (possible asteroid strike not quite ELE, but destructive enough to release stored nuclear waste here on earth)

and thats just after a couple minutes of me thinking on this, imagine schools and universities addressing this?

I hope this wasnt off topic, and I hope it doesnt sound too far out there ya know, but it just popped into my head and seemed like a possible solution to start fixing several problems at once. Even the core of this thread, the depopulation, there would be no need if nuclear essentially became harmless, and we could use the newly cheaper energy to solve the population issue.

IDK, just my 2 cents for the day, probably just a pipe dream, nothing cool like this ever happens
edit on 14-6-2012 by phishfriar47 because: gramma

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That is completely illogical.

Buy a big tank, put a load of fish in it, feed them the same amount every day. They'll breed and breed, many will starve eventually, disease will kill many, the food you supply will not be enough.

This planet is only so big, we only have so much land, and there is only so much fossil fuel we can use. These are scientific facts. To deny these facts is denying the laws of nature and physics. Unless you have found another dimension we can use, you're absolutely wrong.

However, there is a massive difference between "depopulation" and "population control".

When we talk about running out of resources and having to limit ourselves, we are not talking about killing people. You can control the rate of reproduction through education. Teach kids about the responsibility of being a parent for a start, maybe then we wouldn't have teenagers giving birth?
Then we need to get religious insanity under control and prevent idiot religious freaks from promoting unsafe sex.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Nope.

Overpopulation is a myth. There is PLENTY of a arable land to grow the food we need to sustain our current population growth. There is PLENTY of renewable energy sources that can be used in order for each nation to achieve energy independance.

This myth is perpetuated by eugenecists and globalists who want you to believe that we need to fight amongs each other for a piece of the pie, when there's plenty of pie to go around, if it's split up properly.

The problem with these two areas is that they are currently controlled by big corporate entities who have no interest in making food or energy cheap, renewable and available to all.

There's no money in that. So they perpetuate these lies to keep the status quo the way it is.

~Tenth

You hit that nail right on its head. Our problem is not a shortage of food; our problem is distribution of food. See this rather outdated webpage for more information. library.thinkquest.org...

Depopulation is a lazy and terrifying answer to world hunger.

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Start with yourself!

Start with yourself!

Start with yourself!

No "civilized" discussion with people who are in favor of genocide.

Start with yourself! Period.

Well thats a very mature reply.

You're right, we shouldn't talk about the overpopulation issue we are now facing, and how it will become exponentially worse in the near future.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Nope.

Overpopulation is a myth. There is PLENTY of a arable land to grow the food we need to sustain our current population growth. There is PLENTY of renewable energy sources that can be used in order for each nation to achieve energy independance.

The problem with these two areas is that they are currently controlled by big corporate entities who have no interest in making food or energy cheap, renewable and available to all.

There's no money in that. So they perpetuate these lies to keep the status quo the way it is.

~Tenth

AWSOME!!! "THE MORE YOU KNOW!**** =D

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Right now it is about profit.

The sooner that ALL realize that, the better.

Naive in my opinion and in the same way the Occupy Movement was naive. Capitalism IS what leads to innovation.

Only a wealthy society can accomplish what you want. Destroying the economy is never the answer.

Certainly if you have researched this you know that in the Seventies we were taught and told that by now all oil would be gone, the fish dead, billions would starve as all the arable land is gone and we were heading into and Ice Age.

I contend that the doom and gloom is about money. Using fear and irrationality to get grants and research capital. I think the scientific community is perhaps more corrupt and more greed oriented than business. Business has to please a customer or die. Government and Academia simply take the money they need by any means they deem fit. The ends justifies the means is a path to destruction.

The Industrialized World fails and you will most certainly see pollution, corruption and suffering at a scale you can't imagine. If that side wins, it will be very bad for everyone. When all your time is spent on only "needs" and there is no extra revenue generated by Capitalism, there will not be anymore business driven innovation to solve these problems.

Activists always, always do more harm than good. Look at the huge fires they knowingly caused by not allowing even the Forest Service to tend to the Forests properly. Right now Colorado is seeing the same results that area's like Arizona and Yellowstone Park experienced. Why; a tiny number of badly confused fanatics and activists who use coercion and fanatical Judges to get their way.

Groups like the Sierra Club will never tell you that their interference and not allowing the Forest Service to clear dead brush and tinder from the Forests is the cause of the fires. We don't let the natural lightning strike fires happen and the tinder builds until you get giant destructive fires and why? Fanatics and activist Judges combined with a government in their lying hip pockets. Get them out of the way and watch the whole world benefit, including Mother Nature.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
When we talk about running out of resources and having to limit ourselves, we are not talking about killing people. You can control the rate of reproduction through education. Teach kids about the responsibility of being a parent for a start, maybe then we wouldn't have teenagers giving birth?
Then we need to get religious insanity under control and prevent idiot religious freaks from promoting unsafe sex.

What is this we stuff? I don't remember signing any contracts.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sure thing. Since you believe in depopulation you should be the first to go. Just put that shotgun to your mouth and get it over with. OUR world doesn't need people like YOU in it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
Depopulation is vile and evil. Anyone who entertains the idea of decreasing population is truly denying the dignity of life. Depopulation=murder.

People are good. The earth is good. More people =more inovation, civilization, art, love, music and joy.

Fewer people =more work per person, less innovation, less happiness and less art.

The more the merrier!!!!

This video was very odd to me...I did not understand why the audience applauded when more women had fewer children. Think of a family you know with 3 siblings....they are applauding the idea of that third person not being born! Can you imagine any thought more heinous than that? I wish you were never born? pure evil.........
edit on 6/13/2012 by Missing Blue Sky because: added comment

The above statement is actually making me sick.
I have the complete opposite opinion. People are not good, they are a menace to all other life on Earth. There is evidence all around us.
Yes, there are good people about but the human race in general is like a very bad disease to this beautiful world.
I couldn't care less if there is less art or music, ask any animal if they care for those things or if they would rather have their natural habitat back. I think you know the answer.

This is my equation:
Less people= More meaningful work. As there would be no need for made up jobs such as insurance brokers or factory workers making trainers or TVs. Instead we could concentrate of what is important in life.
Less people= More animals, plants, clean air and water. Earth would indeed become beautiful again.
Less people= More love and caring.
Less people= More happiness.

Just because somebody has calculated that this poor planet could sustain 10 Million idiots doesn't mean we have to try this nightmare out. I wish for animals to take back what is theirs, they are better at keeping it stable. We are just a bunch of monkeys that have got out of hand. Humans are not special.....at all.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Eh, you first.

Just because the school is crowded we don't burn it all down.

Besides, souls will continue to incarnate here until they don't want to anymore. External influences may affect things but there's a reason this many people live here now. For the fireworks of course!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

What?

No it's not. And if you'd have read the rest of the thread, you'd have seen the subsequent posts where I proved that this is not only a fact, but doable right now, with our current technology and resources.

Please provide some actual facts to refute my research if you wish to claim that my comments are illogical.

The world is not a fish tank, so that comparison is a pretty moot point.

I'll say it again. There is plenty of food, water and resources for 10 billion people, let alone 7. It's all a matter of how it's set up, how it's distributed and how it's consumed.

There's no need to curb population growth when you have an intelligent system of resource delivery and creation.

On a side note, you don't need fossil fuel for anything these days.

~Tenth
edit on 6/14/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Nope.

Overpopulation is a myth.

Not where i live... Way too many people for way too few jobs.

Industry loves it as it drives down wages and drives up hours worked and is therefore bad for quality of life and family values erode.

The answer is simple and peaceful: Limit the number of children per couple to 2, with no exceptions regardless of wealth or status.

Harsh, but fair, and with deaths etc. population will drop to manageable levels.

It's no good saying there's enough for everyone throughout the world when populations are clustered in cities, not spaced throughout the world. Until this clustering can be solved (don't see that happening anytime soon), we need to take responsibility for how many babies we pop-out like a reproducing virus, instead of the miraculous gift it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join