It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't remember my dreams anymore!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I remember i used to look forward to going to bed. Looking
forward to where my imagination would take me. I have had
many great dreams. I can even remember ones i had 20 years
ago or so.

The problem im having now is, the memory of my dreams fade
as soon as i wake up. I will know ive had a great dream, but in
the seconds after i wake up, it just fades until i can only remrmber
bits and pieces.

For someone who loves dreaming, this is really annoying! Has this
happened to you? If yes, do you overcome this by doing something?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Try melatonin it should resolve your dreaming issue. I had the same problem a while back until I started taking it, now I have very vivid dreams that I remember days after. It may also be due to calcification of the pineal gland.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Try melatonin it should resolve your dreaming issue. I had the same problem a while back until I started taking it, now I have very vivid dreams that I remember days after. It may also be due to calcification of the pineal gland.

Just read up on melatonin. Sounds very interesting. Just
checked uk amazon, but cant find it
Will have to search
around for it.

Is it one of these pills that take a month or so to get in your
system and start working?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just read you can only get it through perscription in the uk.
Which means i will have to go doctors to get it. Cant see her
giving it to me when i tell her why lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Try sleeping or taking naps during the day time. Also, if you wake up and immediately start thinking about your coming day or anything else other than your dreams, they will fade a lot faster. Try focusing on the dreams after you wake up.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Just read you can only get it through perscription in the uk.
Which means i will have to go doctors to get it. Cant see her
giving it to me when i tell her why lol

Seriously??? Are things that strict in the UK? What about mail order from supplement companies in the US or Canada? It's an all natural substance, but I guess your regulations are different there.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If you can't get melatonin, then I suggest getting you either some 5-HTP or Valerian Root. Both will aid in dreaming and remembering them.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

The problem im having now is, the memory of my dreams fade
as soon as i wake up. I will know ive had a great dream, but in
the seconds after i wake up, it just fades until i can only remrmber
bits and pieces.

Your dreams may be more complex now. You may be experiencing other dimensions and or things that your human brain could never decipher or link 3d images to. So it cannot be remembered or viewed at least not while in this state. But rest assure the lesson and the emotions attached can be experienced and remembered as it was the emotion that made you remember that you even had a dream.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Don't take drugs. Use a dream journal where as soon as you awake write down what you remember of your dreams. This may take a little time yet if you do gradually it will greatly improve dream recall. Another thing to do is as you falling asleep tell yourself repeatedly to remember you dreams when you awaken.
More tips

edit on 6/11/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by Jay-morris

Don't take drugs. Use a dream journal where as soon as you awake write down what you remember of your dreams. This may take a little time yet if you do gradually it will greatly improve dream recall. Another thing to do is as you falling asleep tell yourself repeatedly to remember you dreams when you awaken.
More tips

I don't consider natural & herbal to = drugs.

I do agree on keeping a dream journal, but if he is waking and not remembering anything, it would be kind of hard to.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

The way I read it was he had some memories that faded fast. Even starting with the rare fragment just sitting there and attempting to remember will help to train your brain to remember the dreams in time.

The door to your subconscious is opening as you fall asleep the repeated conscious thought that you will remeber your dreams at that time has a very good chance of planting a strong suggestion that will be followed by your subconscious.

Oh yeah no offense meant by don't take drugs. Just my opinion and personal prejudices there

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by chrismicha77

The way I read it was he had some memories that faded fast. Even starting with the rare fragment just sitting there and attempting to remember will help to train your brain to remember the dreams in time.

The door to your subconscious is opening as you fall asleep the repeated conscious thought that you will remeber your dreams at that time has a very good chance of planting a strong suggestion that will be followed by your subconscious.

Oh yeah no offense meant by don't take drugs. Just my opinion and personal prejudices there

It's okay I understand, I didn't take offense.

I've also had luck with meditation before bed as well. Also, and this may sound weird, but I apply the north side of a strong magnet to my third eye region thirty minutes before bed. This combo itself as lent me to some incredible dreams & recall, and I often lucid dream.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've also noticed something similar. I used to have very lucid, vivid dreams in which I would write journals upon journals about, and then suddenly it stopped! I don't fully understand as to why, and I have also taken those herbal sleep remedies, but no such luck.
I have a few friends who are into the study of gems and certain stones, and the effect that they have on people. He claims that there are ones that you can place near your bed and will aid in more vivid dreams. He swears by it, but I don't know if I buy into it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Interesting that you made this thread. Have had the same concern, almost making a thread before. Felt it vERY weird for this went on for quite a while.
Was wondering if thyroid medication had put the dampener on my recall ( the culprit). Would you by chance be taking Levothyroxin or the like? Have read about the pineal and often wondered if it relates to the thyroid Does this medication affect the spiritual side? Is it more harmful than good?....

I am curious to know your thoughts on this? '___' related?

Normally, I would blame things on stress due to the daily tasks awaiting us -is why we forget our dreams but then again, with me, it is usually during these stressful times that I recall the worst dreams! So anyway, curious as to your thoughts and/or experiences with thyroid meds.

Thanks for making the thread... This has bothered me too. I wish to learn all I can about this subject. SnF!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Im writing this on my mobile, so sorry if there are mistakes.

Thanks for all the replies. I am on no medication, but life
has been stessfull lately. Last year, while my wife was pregnant,
she started getting sharp burning pains in her feet, this started
when she was three months pregnant. It got so bad that she could
only walk for five mins. Then the pain started happening in her hands.

I ended up having to feed her, wash her etc,basically 24 hour care.
After about a month, she was diagnosed with a rae condition called erythromelalgia. Dont know if any of you guys have heard this condition. Its a horrible condition with no cure. Anyways, they put my wife on medications tramadol and gabapentin for the pain. We were told that the medication could harm the baby, but the benafits outweigh the risks.

I was a nervous wreck. I thought i would be looking after my wife and a baby born with problems.

Anyways, after my wife had our baby daughter, the condition went, and our daughter was healthy
the doctors said it must have been pregnancy related and very rare because they have never come accross it before.

Like i said, the pregnacy took alot out of me. I know suffer with gerneral anxiety disorder, which they put down to what happened with my wife. Since them, i.always over worry about everything, its a nightmare.

This is the only thing i can think of that could be stopping me remembering my dreams.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

i can remember my dreams when i lay of the herb for a few, days. Melatonin though, i would like to try that.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Hi Jay-morris. One of the herbs that I've found helpful is Mugwort. A small pillow close by can help with dreaming...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Glad to hear everything turned out ok with your wife and baby. We had a similar repercussion when my wife got pre-eclampsia before the birth of our son, causing stress related anxiety and panic attacks which passed on to me - had never experienced those before then.

Yet the strangest thing happened around that time; a lucid dream where I was sat in a school classroom solo with two nurses for some one-on-one teaching... this is great I thought! But sadly their job was to tell me that if I wanted to dream more lucid 'like this' then I should take magnesium and vit b6. I got some b6 and right away it made a big difference upon waking. For me at least it's like waking from a heavy night - really groggy and I struggled to make the working day alarm so I stopped taking it, but I dreamt like a baby, vivid and lucid dreams.

A glass of water before bed helps as well.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You have a few moments upon waking to remember what's left of your dream.

Before you jump in the shower or start the pot of coffee, try to take a moment in another room and meditate on what little you can remember. Focus on the strongest detail and then branch off of that. If you want to keep a log then go ahead, but you might find it comes across as gibberish when you look back on it. Solidify the ideas in your mind not on paper.

All the chemicals in your brain contributing to a dream are still flowing fairly heavily RIGHT after you wake. They diminish quickly... I've found the best way to capitalize on this is to wake and bake. It keeps you riding that wave where dreams reside.

Interesting melatonin is RX only in UK, it's everywhere in the US, and I honestly kind of think it's a joke. Never had much of an affect on me.

edit on 16-5-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

top topics

join