It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Ammo is flying off shelves in the States.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
cbsdetroit.comI know that some of you take this more seriously then others, me being an other. I love zombies. I am not making light of some of your beliefs.
But what I find really amusing is that with all the predictions that have been brought up on what could start a zombie apocalypse, from meteors bearing radiation to diseases both natural and man made, that if there is a cause coming to light, it is self inflicted. LOL People turning themselves into zombies. If this is orchestrated at all, it is positively brilliant.

Now, there really isn't any more cannibalism occuring now then in history, but like all things trendy, the media has jumped on it.

Zombie ammo is now the number one trending topic on the web right now.

As a result, specialized zombie ammo is jumping off the shelves.

The largest producer of Hornady, said they are really meant for fun, and not serious ammo, but they are flying off the shelves anyways.

Now I have done addition searching and couldn't find any other ammo sources. But I wouldn't be surprised if other companies capitalize on this soon. Maybe even making serious ammo.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
it says on the boxes
"not to be used on people"
But I bet thats the first target they will be used on
since there are no such a thing as zombies

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
XM-193 Rounds have always worked for me!
2nd

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"Zombie Ammo is flying off the shelves in the States"....and lots of money is flying into the bank accounts of the ammo manufacturer.
Great marketing strategy for media controlled Americans.
I prefer my ammo without the "Zombie" price markup.

If needed, it will work just as well as the ammo with the colorful box.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I've had these for a while. They are just normal hollow points with green clay/foam or something on the tip. They certainly are real ammo and pretty good at that. I heard hornady was about to stop making them before the Miami face eater.... Bet they'll continue them now!
edit on 11-6-2012 by KnawLick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
the worrying trend with this 'ZOMBIE' news and happenings is that somewhere along the line an unfortunate member of the public in some kind of distress or requiring help due to a stroke or a nasty accident is gonna get their head blown off by a trigger happy 'Zombie Killer'.

Please people So far as we know a main stream zombie attack isnt happening ...so think before you shoot lol

edit on 11-6-2012 by DukeEligos because: txt

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hey, I just got this realllly nice, goldish ammo - perfect for shooting zombies! Why is it the perfect ammo for zombies? Why not?! Its ammo, it makes holes in people, so it stops them, righto?

No, seriously: You are being sold. As long as we even can't agree on a feasible way for zombienism, there can't be "ammo for zombies".

For example: are they really dead (braindead, flatline, no heartbeat, no breathing)? So, how should they be capable to move purposeful?

Are they braindead? Then, how do they find their targets?

How does this not-breathing-thing work out? How are their cells provided with oxygen so the muscles can contract?

Come on guys, its a funny thing, but there is no way zombies can be real. Or you have to provide a description of your zombie concept (which has to be in canon to traditional zombie-knowledge.. "braaaaains!..."). Otherwise you are buying things which are purposeless. Which can be a nice thing, too, although I will never be able to understand the enthusiasm of american people for guns..

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I wonder how long before someone shoots a person dead .

They then use the defense that the victim was trying to eat them.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Come on guys, its a funny thing, but there is no way zombies can be real. Or you have to provide a description of your zombie concept (which has to be in canon to traditional zombie-knowledge.. "braaaaains!..."). Otherwise you are buying things which are purposeless. Which can be a nice thing, too, although I will never be able to understand the enthusiasm of american people for guns..

purposeless zombie ammo...staying with the Apocalypse 2012 theme..maybe we should stock up on some of this too...

meaningless money wasting lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
well...
There is such a thing as zombie banks....
to big to fail....

though silver bullets (silver non debt based currencies/ coins ) and wooden stakes (talley sticks) take care of them...

How to turn lead into gold:
Turn it into bullets

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Prescription Drug Epidemic

Prescription drug abuse is sky-rocketing in the United States as accidental overdose deaths now exceed crack deaths in the 1980s. Overdose from prescription painkillers like Oxycontin and Xanax is now the leading cause of accidental death in 17 states.

These are the "zombies" America is facing!

On Point caller Michelle in Carter County, Ky., grew up with her mother addicted to prescription medications.

“We would wake up in middle night and have to put her to bed because she was like a zombie,” Michelle said. “It was like no one was there.” Michelle is now going to school to be a drug abuse therapist.

The Prescription Drug Epidemic

With the rise in prescription drug use and other narcotics, America then faces a "zombie" apocalypse. I have seen friends go from a lively human being to a dead "zombie" being, and do things unimaginable.

This may not be the "zombie" we all imagine, but it's damn close!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a couple valiums and some booze will also creat a brain ded type of juggernaught...
the lights are home but there is nobody on

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ha!

Yeah so, I'm willing to bet that we'll see some Anti Ancient Bulgarian Vampire Kits on the Home Shopping Network pretty soon too! There's a marketing genius for everything!

We're such a gullible bunch aren't we!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Be warned...this problem has been know by the US government for a while now...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Zombie Ammo Is a waste of money, Its just regular Hollow point ammo with a colorful polymer tip, and a cool looking box for the ammo. This is just a marketing tactic by Hornady, but I have to admit that Hornady makes some good ammo. I think Ill stick to just regular ammo, that doesnt have a mark up on the price. all your paying for extra, is the colorful looking box and ammo tip, and thats about it.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...[e ditby]edit on 11-6-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
it says on the boxes

However for those of us that would like to cover our butts, we could claim that we are not crazy gun people otherwise we would have been collecting regular ammo, for humans as this zombie ammo can't be used on humans.

Really though, I have yet to buy a box of this overpriced stuff, I'm still holding onto hope that I will get a gently used box from the range bin and fill it with my very own "zombie loads".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
it says on the boxes

My money is on the boxes of shells going from the shelf of the distributor to the shelf of the consumer and never be fired

but what do I know?

reply to post by g146541

Silver Bullets!!!
never leave home without them

edit on 11-6-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Exactly. There is a sucker born every minute.
edit on 12-6-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This zombie crap jumped the shark years ago.

However I must admit buying one of each available caliber myself as a collectable item. I imagine in 50 years they might be worth something.

This product of the zombie craze blew my mind wide: Zombie Survival School @ SIG Academy

I'm past the point where if it says "zombie" anywhere on it or near I want to punch to death the entire marketing team responsible.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

It's actually "the lights are on, but nobody's home".

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join