It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret of ageing found: Japanese scientists pave way to everlasting life

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by hellzdoms

Could an enzyme that controls C1q have been in the fruit of the tree of life?

Ahh eternal life my conspiracy mind is going into overdrive were will it take me oh here we go.

Could the 13 Family's of the illuminati be the 12 disciples and Mary or Satan. Maybe the Crucifixion story of Christ was a false flag and the real culprits were the ones whom he trusted most his disciples, were they given untold powers to turn on him maybe even given the gift/curse of immortal and they are all still around today, controlling the masses on behalf of their Dark agenda.

I love this subject about eternal life and I know its achievable with our current science, thinking of the possibilities and potential of the first man if he had taken this in his time would he be able to adapt when evolution is still effecting us mere mortals maybe our mutation would counter balance this and then the ones who haven't taken it would thrive while the immortal slowly ebb through existence as freaks and demons.

reminds me about a great film A Man From Earth

Eternal life is a gift...
...all you have to do is believe the Gospel...
...but that's the catch, most will not believe the Gospel.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So far within this thread, the overwhelming number of postings appear to be assuming that this Japanese research is legitimate and so far, there appears to be absolutely no additional corroborating evidence to substantiate it beyond the initial Russian article. I can only guess that this article strikes a chord with many people that would like individual longevity to be possible.
Even if we do assume truth value behind the article, stating that the immune system becomes severely compromised when C1q activity is suspended immediately indicates that this is not the correct path to be following to eventually achieve significant increases in longevity.
This avenue of research is a dead end.

On the contrary, with increased longevity, one of the additional "enhancements" (if I can use that term) is a corresponding ramping up of the body's immune system. Diseases that normally resulted in high fatality levels such as the black death, cholera, etc, are within these increased longevity/enhanced immune system individuals, handled in a much more efficient manner and their overall impact on bodily functions reduced considerably. Consequently, recovery from such diseases for these individuals is always 100%.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
From article:

But there is also a different side to the story. By casting the protein “into sleep” and slowing the ageing process, scientists also block the body’s entire immune system. So far, a way of stopping the ageing and keeping the immune system working has not been found. But the researchers say they are hard at work, so who knows? Perhaps one day before too long we might be able to stay young – and healthy at the same time.

So the solution is easy. Construct a clean-room cryogenic chamber, put this human to sleep, use this protein technique first-off, and revive him once there's a true means to stop aging while living.

You wake up to Star Trek... I'd risk it if someone had already successfully done a year in a chamber and been revived virtually the same age.

edit on 12-6-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
i still wonder what the effects of gravity would be on a human body over hundreds of years..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join