It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Homosexual PSA???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I ran across this video on Youtube and watched it with my mouth agape!

The first thing I thought was "We've come a long way baby". I read over and over here that there is a gay agenda, and I personally haven't studied it enough to make a comment on that point, but
... It's a bit scary how they tie in gay and pedophilia as being one in the same. It has just never bothered me or kept me up at night worrying about what two consenting adults are doing behind closed doors. We may have come a long way, but most would say, not quite far enough yet!

I wonder how the reaction to airing the video would differ today than it did when it was made?

Here is the video...

Also, I am not sure if this is even a real commercial. It appears legit but it could be a voice over or a spoof... Does anyone know if something like this ever really aired?
edit on 6/8/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
no way lol. can't be real. well idk people in the 50s were kinda nuts lol

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
First thing I felt like doing was laughing. What a strange & funny add, in this day and age it is. If real I'm sure it was no laughter matter when made. Who would be surprised if it were legit, not me. I'm not one to have a huge opinion on the topic. Will be interesting if anyone knows if it's legit or not. Sounds like its from the same era where people thought the world was flat

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The 50's must have really been something! I came across these while trying to find out if the first was legit...

These had me literally
and I am a female!
edit on 6/8/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It's interesting to look back on the 50s...

And realize how many members of this forum are still stuck there

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
no way lol. can't be real. well idk people in the 50s were kinda nuts lol

They certainly liked to use "scare tactics" if nothing else!!

Originally posted by feelingconnected
First thing I felt like doing was laughing. What a strange & funny add, in this day and age it is. If real I'm sure it was no laughter matter when made. Who would be surprised if it were legit, not me. I'm not one to have a huge opinion on the topic. Will be interesting if anyone knows if it's legit or not. Sounds like its from the same era where people thought the world was flat

I wouldn't be surprised per se, it's just that growing up in a hard core PC culture kind of makes you amazed that there was a time when stuff like this was the norm!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I am women too. Reminds me of those old mags that use to tell women how to be a good house wife hahaha thanks for sharing a good laugh

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Appears to be real:

One of Davis' most notorious films, Boys Beware (1961), produced with the cooperation of the Inglewood, California Police Department and the Inglewood Unified School District, warns boys of the perceived dangers of male homosexuals.

Sid Davis (producer)
edit on 8-6-2012 by aaron2209 because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It's real alright...

IMDb

Full Short Film

No wonder today's older generation is so homophobic. They grew up being brainwashed with this and other ignorant crap. Explains a lot.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Grammar?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

The first thing I thought was "We've come a long way baby". I read over and over here that there is a gay agenda

As far as the "gay agenda," is concerned, I'm personally inclined to believe that there are people behind the gay movement, who essentially use homosexual activists as a means of destabilising society for their own purposes. I don't blame gays themselves for this as such, but I do blame them for being primarily emotive, and very rarely rational in their thinking; which makes them much easier to manipulate.

I don't think I've ever come across a single homosexual person, whether male or female, who didn't seem to be exclusively directed by a combination of intense, unstable emotion, and equally chronic Marxist mind control. What that means, is that they don't have an ideology which is based on rational thought; it means that they have intense feelings first, and then they try and bend logic to justify said feelings second.

It is this phenomenon which led, among other things, to the development of the rationally illegitimate concept known as the "hate crime." The definition of a "hate crime," is a scenario in which something which would already be a crime anyway, is judged as being more serious, based on the identity of said crime's target. This has the ultimate effect of giving specific groups preferential treatment under the law. If gays were rational, they would recognise that the effect of such does not lead to equality at all, but inequality in their own favour. Equality should not be used as a euphemism for its' opposite, or their own domination of society at other people's expense, if that is what they truly want.

The above is not to say that I am completely opposed to their goals, however. I do support the concept of gay marriage, and I also don't just support civil unions, in that sense; if they want to get married, then I think they should. Christians claim ownership of a lot of things which should not exclusively belong to them at all, and marriage is one such thing.
edit on 8-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I don't think I've ever come across a single homosexual person, whether male or female, who didn't seem to be exclusively directed by a combination of intense, unstable emotion, and equally chronic Marxist mind control. What that means, is that they don't have an ideology which is based on rational thought; it means that they have intense feelings first, and then they try and bend logic to justify said feelings second.

I've read a lot of ignorant and untrue statements about homosexuality, but this one surely ranks in the top ten. You have clearly not met many homosexual people... You are also probably unaware that you are surrounded by homosexual people - from engineers, scientists, doctors, lawyers right through to mechanics, artists, programmers, psychologists and so on... And they are normal people with normal feelings just like heterosexual people. It is simply impossible to put "homosexual people" or "homosexuality" in a single box...

Have you been watching your collection of Sid Davis films again?

edit on 8-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Wrong word

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
Appears to be real:

One of Davis' most notorious films, Boys Beware (1961), produced with the cooperation of the Inglewood, California Police Department and the Inglewood Unified School District, warns boys of the perceived dangers of male homosexuals.

Sid Davis (producer)
edit on 8-6-2012 by aaron2209 because: typo

I thought it looked real, but wasn't sure. Thanks and a star for posting the info!!!

Originally posted by Gemwolf
It's real alright...

IMDb

Full Short Film

No wonder today's older generation is so homophobic. They grew up being brainwashed with this and other ignorant crap. Explains a lot.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Grammar?

Thanks for posting your information as well! Just when you think you've seen it all!
And I think your comment is dead on about how different generations handle these subjects and how they treat other people that are not like them.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Oh that's preposterous! Gay people only work in fake jobs like fashion designer or interior decorator. There has never been a gay person that endorsed conservative values, they're all marxists! How DARE you compare gay people with normal people. The fact that they are attracted to the same gender automatically makes them horribly different from everyone else, and obviously worthy of every straight person's contempt. What in the HELL is a Log Cabin Republican?

You Sir, have obviously been completely brainwashed by the gay agenda. I don't really know WTF that means, but I'm scared of catching the gay, so I'm gonna throw it out there! How dare these awful, awful people of every race, creed and political affiliation expect to be treated with a modicum of dignity and respect? The GALL!

Now watch someone send me a hate U2U calling me a bigot.

Completely lost it when the narrator said, 'One never knows when the homosexual is about.' I'm still laughing.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Have you been watching your collection of Sid Davis films again?

I don't know who Sid Davis is.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You Sir, have obviously been completely brainwashed by the gay agenda. I don't really know WTF that means, but I'm scared of catching the gay, so I'm gonna throw it out there! How dare these awful, awful people of every race, creed and political affiliation expect to be treated with a modicum of dignity and respect? The GALL!

maybe there will be a vaccine for it one day..... Jokes

Completely lost it when the narrator said, 'One never knows when the homosexual is about.' I'm still laughing.
Funny that's probably the only truth in the whole thing.

Off topic: your cat freaks me out

edit on 8-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: Auto spellcheck sucks

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I didn't know who he was either... I have a Google machine though.

In November 1949 Linda Joyce Glucoft, a six-year-old girl in Los Angeles, California, was molested and murdered by a man named Fred Stroble. The story was front-page news in the Los Angeles Times for a week as police and the FBI searched for Stroble. The story was picked up by Time Magazine and other national media, and led to a flurry of reported rapes and attempted rapes. Some media began to speculate that the supposed epidemic of rape was simply media manipulation of public perception. Davis stated that the tragedy particularly disturbed him because his then-six-year-old daughter Jill didn't seem to pay attention to his warnings about strangers. He borrowed $1,000 from John Wayne and used the money to make his first film, The Dangerous Stranger, a film he would remake at least twice over the next 30 years. The film tells the story of several young children—some of the children are kidnapped and eventually saved, others are kidnapped and never seen again. Davis sold copies of the film to schools and police departments, reaping a $250,000 profit. He used the money to make more than 150 films over the next few decades. Davis' films are typically 10 to 30 minutes long; he prided himself on making each one for $1,000, a minuscule film budget even at that time.

Link

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

The first thing I thought was "We've come a long way baby". I read over and over here that there is a gay agenda

Thank you for being proof of my earlier statement about members here being stuck in the 50s

Sometimes the ignorant and uneducated just make themselves too easy to spot

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Must... not... make... joke...!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by feelingconnected

Must... not... make... joke...!

Don't go there... you will look like the cat that got the cream...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Oh man, belly laugh followed by a snort. That's a rare one! Sometimes I read something that makes me chuckle for awhile, this ma do it for a day or two.

Also, this is the second time tonight I realized an avatar moves it's eyes. It may be just be the bath salts talking. Kinda freaked me out for a second.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join