It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUCLEAR RADIATION EVENT in South Bend Indiana USA + Call to NRC Hotline

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You may want to create a new thread for an update on this:

TextElevated Indiana radiation levels — specifically near the border of Indiana and Michigan — have prompted explosions, military helicopters, thousands of eyewitness accounts, but where is the mainstream media coverage? Now independent radiation experts are reporting increased levels in some other states, with one particular station noticing an increase since just around 11:45 am Mountain Time on Thursday. This coincides with community board posts created just around the same time in a number of locations, even before the incident hit the public.
In one such posting on a law enforcement website discussing the radiation increase, an individual from Chicago states “We’ve been encountering some high readings at the labs here.”

www.activistpost.com...

Indiana Radiation Spike Triggers Elevated Levels In Other States, Corporate Media Stays Silent

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Also - possible further explosion at Fukushima Plant. 8th June!

Videos showing this:

www.rumormillnews.com...
edit on 8-6-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone posted this, but here is something that is looking to be a bit scary:

Eyewitnesses on the ground near the media-blacked-out elevated radiation zone near the border of Indiana and Michigan, where radiation levels hundreds of times higher than normal were quickly removed from public viewing by the EPA, are now sending in a large number of photos and videos documenting massive explosions accompanied by unmarked helicopters, A-10 Thunderbolts, and military personnel. These reports come after a Department of Homeland Security hazmat fleet was sent out to the location

Videos and photos at link above.

But then here:

Amid a number of reports of massive and bizarre radiation readouts coming from experts, eyewitnesses, radiation facilities, and a key choice news outlet, it has now come out that one of the largest nuclear bases is currently running a ‘nuclear containment exercise’. The Minot Airforce Base exercise, running in North Dakota, reportedly involves the use of B-52 aircrafts. The news comes after a developing story arose over the potential cover-up of a nuclear situation stemming from near the border of Indiana and Michigan.

Let the conspiracies start...as if they haven't already

edit on 8-6-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

While many conspiracist like myself will usually blame our own corrupt officials for such acts, we are presently in a time of global tensions and as such, this radon gas incident could have also been released over the USA by enemies of America in some preparatory phase needed to later support some type of attack on America during the early stages of a global world war.

We have many possible causes, but what matters most to me is whether such a chemical reaction in radon can be triggered in any way by a chemical reaction influenced by HAARP and or Scalar weapons.

While I mentioned only HAARP and Scalar in this report, such a premise does not ignore the fact that other secret technologies and other secret weapons could be the trigger mechanism needed to trigger a chemical reaction and chemical change in the radon gas.

I must be the first one to admit that I have been watching this thread, along with another in the conspiracy forum, like a hound...I live near the area, not too, too close, but more in Chicagoland (Northwest IN). We have already had our scares from nuclear plants in IL in the past year. And most importantly, I have a youngster.

MaxBlack, thank you for your posting in hopes for further education/exposure as well as to all of you who have posted with the possible belief that this thread should not die despite claims of an "error" or false report.

MaxBlack, while I am in the infancy/toddler stage of understanding HAARP/ Scalar Weaponry, I am trying to learn more. However, what I have quoted from you (above) struck a chord with me on a "hmmm" level, in a hind-sight type of way

At the risk of sounding paranoid, insane, or the like, it occurred to me that some individuals who I run into on a daily basis suddenly changed their "outdoor" behaviors immediately prior to, and since this incident. While I don't believe that it necessary to go into specifics at this point, I would like individuals like Mr. Black to comment on these behaviors:

- Windows up with engine on in a vehicle that is parked for hours--mostly (when previously the individuals would never use A/C, etc.)
- Walking to buildings, houses, etc. with protection over face/head (when previously the individuals did not do this)

If such individuals were aware of some sort of "event," and mostly stayed inside for the bulk of their days would these behaviors outlined above, help them in any way or not, as far as preventing radon-type illnesses?

Am I am being paranoid? Probably. But I had to go with that Mom's instinct.

What are symptoms of radon-type illnesses? I have looked on the search engines, but everything seems contradictory--right now I have a weird rash covering my face and I'm not sure if it's stress-induced or something else--probably the former due to my nerves.

Thanks in advance for any serious responses.

edit on 8-6-2012 by watchesfromwall because: clarity

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm about 1/2 hour away. Here's a link to a local TV news story on it

WSBT TV

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

I personally think a certain amount of "paranoia', is wise, it can save lives and bring wrongdoers to justice. It never hurts to keep your eyes open and your brain in ? mode.

The things you are seeing are very interesting. If it is because some people have knowledge of what is happening while others do not, i am sure we will eventually get the information.

From all I have read, I would in your case keep the kids indoors and not go out unless you really have to for now.

I find the explosion sounds, sounds a lot like artillery, interesting as they did put this on mainstream news with pictures of the guys tree tops downed before the rest of this.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell

WSBT TV

OMG did they really say...

Too much, though, is a bad thing. In fact – it's dangerous.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

WSBT TV

Except they don't mention the masses of helicopters, planes and other military personnel on their way to "the scene." So either this is an "exercise" a false flag operation, or a massive coverup of something major. At this point there are so may different stories, I don't even know which one to believe. I guess if people start to evacuate or turn up dead in masses then it will be a story...but the right one?.......
edit on 8-6-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
so less than 2 hours of inactivity and this drops off the recent activity board? With something this big and concerning, i don't understand why there aren't more updates from those living in the area. A lot of strange things happening everywhere, i guess

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I live 1 1/2 hrs south of South bend
have not heard anything only what I've read here
i have a few cell phone photos of the cooling towers from a year or 2 ago nothing interesting

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Apparently radiation levels are higher as far as Colorado. I'm in Colorado and a guy just about 20 min south of me in the Longmont area has been tweeting the levels. Last I saw it was 5x the amount of normal. Yeah, that's not disconcerning or anything..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ok well if the Air Force just admitted it's running a "nuclear containment exercise" than it's pretty solid now what's going on.

There was really something nuclear (as detected on the sensors), and now they are trying to contain it. It's an exercise for the real thing you know, like today!

I wonder what the hell the "explosions" are though?
Do we have a legit secret war going on around us?
Wonder what the hells going on?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

WSBT TV

OMG did they really say...

Too much, though, is a bad thing. In fact – it's dangerous.

OMG Did they also say?

My apologies to all. I have no idea what caused this. The alert level reading (Wednesday) evening appears to be a false alert from an equipment malfunction

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

And I am immediately reminded of this thread:

Something very unnerving & strange happened last night. Please read!!!

Completely unrelated and in a different part of the country, but it was like a word association, so I thought I would mention it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Most probably a crashed bubble of swamp gas...

You lot are finding some really interesting stuff going on over there.. I sure hope you're all keeping safe.

Has anyone got the ability to actually go there and get your own geiger readings? Would that not help?
If your readings dont tie in with what's being reported on the net, then somethings up..

I do find it odd that things seem to be going on.. but nobody knows anything (or is not saying)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho,

Please consider this, also on ATS... www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While not in the immediate area of the South Bend reporting, it is definitely too close to comfort for me.

Have you ever considered that individuals are paid off, or even threatened to retract statements? (lobbies, govt., whatnot)

It has happened in the past, you know...

Peace.

wfw

edit on 9-6-2012 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Most probably a crashed bubble of swamp gas...

You lot are finding some really interesting stuff going on over there.. I sure hope you're all keeping safe.

Has anyone got the ability to actually go there and get your own geiger readings? Would that not help?
If your readings dont tie in with what's being reported on the net, then somethings up..

I do find it odd that things seem to be going on.. but nobody knows anything (or is not saying)

Perhaps, if I clammer on this enough today/over the weekend, my husband will agree to the mutual purpose of purchasing a counter. He's presently occupied with the Euro Cup.
It will be a hard sell as he is skeptical, but I will do my best to get one and set one up for the childrens' sake at least.

Thanks for the suggestion; I am not very technical and would need his assistance as he is in engineering, but it is worth a try.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this is listed as a Severe Nuclear Event here:

www.ubalert.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

WSBT TV

The three comments below this article are worth noting.

Thomas Jefeson at 5:56 PM June 08, 2012
I think it's funny how it's supposedly an equipment malfunction when it was recorded on 3 seperate radiation detection systems.
sincedutch.wordpress.com...

palomine at 5:15 PM June 08, 2012
More on the radiation cover-up here:
naturalsociety.com...

Razster at 11:43 AM June 08, 2012
Seems this is NOT a false alarm after all: New updated Radon levels and wind direction show it is real and it is traveling - radon.com/maps/

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just looked at this and Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are all high. Check out where you live.

www.radon.com...

Other states are high including North Dakota where this drill initiated.
edit on 6/9/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join