It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FirstEnergy Says It's Fixing a Leak at Ohio Nuclear Plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

FirstEnergy Says It's Fixing a Leak at Ohio Nuclear Plant

www.businessweek.com

FirstEnergy Corp. (FE) (FE) is repairing a leak discovered June 6 as it restarted Davis-Besse nuclear station in Ohio following a refueling outage, a company spokeswoman said.

FirstEnergy can’t say for competitive reasons when it expects to complete the repair to the reactor’s coolant system or when the 913-megawatt unit will come online, Jennifer Young, a spokeswoman for the Akron, Ohio-based company said in a telephone phone interview today.

The amount of radioactive water that sprayed through the pinhole-sized leak was “relatively small” and no radiation was discharged from th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
it is probably not a big deal , and may not deserve the "Breaking news title " but i thought i would get the word out their , i never heard about this on any news outlet , i think its a serious issue when it comes to Nuclear power plant issue , that and i have some family that lives out that way , i hope they did fix it and are not trying to cover it up .... just saying

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Wasn't there a report of spiked radiation levels just a few days ago, don't remember where but thought it was around there.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think your referring to this thread and yes OP it is a big deal. These levels of radiation are alarming.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

These radiation readings are not being put out by TPTB This is a time when ATS makes me proud! Cover-up it appears yes.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
ya , i noticed how the spokes person tried to make it sound like its no big deal , did they even mention the leak at all ? while it was happening ? or just after they fixed it ?

thanks for the reply's team

LSH

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I wonder why this isn't as big as some of the other stories we've been hearing recently. BIG MYSTERY!

It think it's obvious things are happening closer to home, but this, could be the final straw for the northern hemisphere. In just under 50 years it could be the third major nuclear reactor leak. I'll certainly be watching.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This plant could have possibly caused
the spike of radiation in South Bend, Indiana
June 6th. I have a diffuclt time believing
no radiation was released from the plant.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Huge post at Reddit about possible cover-up
www.reddit.com...

and why is it listed severe here?:

www.ubalert.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Huge post at Reddit about possible cover-up
www.reddit.com...

and why is it listed severe here?:

www.ubalert.com...

oh wow so more light shines through on this issue , i guess my gut feeling was correct , thanks very much for the info

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

It worse than it appears. Please read this article.
Major Nuclear Base Running ‘Containment Exercise’ Amid Censored Radiation Spikes
theintelhub.com...

I recommend buying iodine tablets as a precaution.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
After Fukishima a lot of countries are discussing nuclear power again, the risks, benefits etc.

Another disaster would be the death-penalty for the nuclear power industry.

My guess is that any accident capable over covering up will be covered up.

They have a very powerful lobby, and will try almost everything to keep their industry alive.

So don't expect any MSM or high political coverage, unless the people are dropping dead.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Funny they say they are using b52s for this "exercise".....was outside today....Albany NY taking prom pictures around 5pm and a b52 flew overhead. I heard it...then ran around the house to find it, because we don't see those around here...called my Dad out and said that's strange...a b52 flying around here? We do have an air national guard unit about 10 miles away and stewart airbase about an hour south...but they don't fly over the city. It was flying west from us...??? Interesting

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

It worse than it appears. Please read this article.
Major Nuclear Base Running ‘Containment Exercise’ Amid Censored Radiation Spikes
theintelhub.com...

I recommend buying iodine tablets as a precaution.

ill read the link , is their any info with local fema ? , i am going to do some poking around for sure

thanks again

LSH

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

One MSM TV station, and one "Talk Radio" station in Toledo were reporting the leak on Thursday. Other media outlets followed yesterday. The usual downplaying of the event is underway. Rt 2 past the site has remained open...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I would like to see the "pinhole" sized leak
im also sure that whatever happened as stated before is in direct linkage to the explosion near Michigan.
Curious question though , if a nuke did go off underground what are the chances that it would come above the ground?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I would associate this plant more with Detroit /Toledo than with South Bend/Chicago . Although the actual physical distances involved are noth that great there are closer nuclear power facilities to the South Bend area than Davis-Besse and the prevailing winds are not favorable for contamination to travel from Davis-Besse towards Indiana IMO

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I live in Ohio, and have some experience with FirstEnergy, AEP, and PUCO. FirstEnergy is attempting to take over electric energy in the Ohio Valley, and beyond.

FirstEnergy Corp. : Today's PUCO Order on Inflated AEP Ohio Capacity Charge Will Restrict Shopping, Cause Customers to Pay More

FirstEnergy, AEP spar in wake of Ohio energy deregulation

As the effects of deregulation take root in Ohio, American Electric Power Co. and FirstEnergy Corp. have entered into a battle to sell power to commercial, industrial and residential customers throughout the state, with billions of dollars in sales at stake.

Energy Deregulation News reports that both companies, regarded as powerhouses in Ohio, have historically been said to manipulate the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) and the General Assembly to remain favorable to the companies when it comes to setting business electricity rates throughout the state.

However, since deregulation, the two companies have taken their gripes to PUCO, both alleging the other is encroaching on their territory.

According to The Columbus Dispatch, AEP recently went before PUCO asking for a rate increase that exceeds levels set by state law. The PUCO testimony concluded that the plan proposed by AEP would be more expensive than an electricity rate determined by market prices – clashing with a provision in Ohio law.

source
Here is how they got us for $450:
My wife got a phone call from a FirstEnergy representative, telling her she could save big money on her electric bill, as AEP was raising rates. She asked if they could sent paperwork so we could all look it over, to which they agreed. We never got anything. The next time we received our monthly electric bill, it reflected our usual transmission charges from AEP, but then it had a $200 surcharge from FirstEnergy. I called than and began to scream about contract violations, as I have a binding contract with AEP. They said now they, FirstEnergy, own my contract, and that we signed up by phone. FirstEnergy told us if we wanted to opt out, all we had to do is pay the $450, to them, not to AEP, who gets paid second, and a $250 "opt out fee." I called PUCO, as was on the phone for a hour as their lawyer explained to be how FirstEnergy hijacked our account, and how FirstEnergy had lobbied to change the laws so they could do this legally.

At this time I have an account with AEP, but AEP has no choice as yet to prevent any alternative energy supplier like FirstEnergy to take over our account, with as little as a phone call. There is another company named Border Energy that is in on this. We of the Ohio Valley are suffering under unfair laws and corporate raiders, (Carpet Baggers) whine the Legislature regroups and tries to do something about it.

We have a nice litany for any alternative energy company that calls now.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

man , first i want to say , i feel your pain , i would be super pissed , how can they get away with that ? , "First energy" heh another weaving spider in the web , it makes me sick , we are truly the pawns , the question is now , how long are we going to let them play us like this ?

humbly

LSH

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with First Energy. In regards to this story, I will not believe any story they have to sell about the safety of their nuclear energy plant.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

man , first i want to say , i feel your pain , i would be super pissed , how can they get away with that ? , "First energy" heh another weaving spider in the web , it makes me sick , we are truly the pawns , the question is now , how long are we going to let them play us like this ?

humbly
LSH

To be completely honest, knowing the law and the Constitution I knew it was not legal! I was on the phone for three days, between AEP, PUCO, and FirstEnergy, and that is an experience I do not relish having again. It was the Lobby the did it, changed the laws in their favor. People who lobby for a living should be tried for bribing a public official. FirstEnergy even has TV spots here now, and they and AEP are slugging it out in the public court.

AEP’s ad provokes rebuttal from rival

FirstEnergy to pay $50K to end W.Va. lawsuit

FirstEnergy rate plan needs more scrutiny, critics say

Utility plan would be bad for electric customers

By the way, FirstEnergy took my poor old Aunt and Uncle for over $500, and threatened to turn off their power, in February.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join