It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land Of The Free No Longer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
My grandparents taught me, that the dream for America was to unite the world. To show the rest of the world how it is possible to live with one another, despite faith, race, or creed. This was what was important to them. Equality. Freedom of speech, the right to bare arms, and all that didn't concern them so much as the right to equality and freedom of belief. They really couldn't care less about the rest of it.

Your GPs were naive. Besides that's none of our business to "united the world" and proselytize to "the rest of the world how it is possible to live with one another, despite faith, race, or creed." We do not have a working model for any of that hogwash anyway.

It's about money, period. protecting "The Enterprise." A game of geopolitical gamesmanship in a global contest to see who can be king of the mountain, Mt. Money-stack. Open your eyes?
edit on 7-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by superballs

who are you talkin about the soul of america?

Well I'm an American, and in no way do your responses speak for the rest of us.
It is precisely this kind of divisive attitude that will keep international relations on edge.

Let me tell you about the soul of America... LOTS of bad karma for what we did to the Natives, and now with the RE-influx of brown skinned people and the imminent collapse of a fiat currency system, karma is now catching up - big time.

Selfishness has slowly destroyed this country like termites, and all the "Proud American" can say is "whut the hell do u know 'bout my country damnit??!".... What a joke.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My grandparents were the children of immigrants. Of course they were in hopes of a better future. Are you suggesting that they should have lived otherwise in the 1940's or 50's? That the concerns of today's capitalized society has any baring on them? Really? Their hopes were in keeping with the era they were born in.

As to whether we have a working model or not for those dreams doesn't really matter. That does not mean you stop seeking out solutions for the problems to better the future. I get so sick and tired of all the negativity. Have some hope for the future. At least for our children's sake. Everything changes. Constantly. In a century, the system won't even resemble what we have today. Now go get a Faygo and Vernor's and play some Euchre or Pinochle or something. Thank your sorry butt your not living somewhere where internet isn't available.

As far as to the world going around in it's current state because of the current monetary system, you'll get no argument from me. I'm quite aware of the world's political chess board.

Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by superballs
i went 2 nice restaraunt last night had a good meal. came home to my air conditioned house.and watched my cable tv tell 3 in the morning

getting ready to go golfin now and when i get home im gonna barbecue steaks and burgers in my yard..

i gotta tell ya i feel pretty damm free

Cheers to you sir! I hope you had a couple cold ones while you were grillin!

I love how these young pretentious know-it-alls post these rants about how we're all evil and we're imposing our will on hapless nations, for no reason what so ever. Its so easy to complain about this and that but then never offer up any time or energy to maybe change things? Oh wait, wouldnt that be imposing YOUR beliefs too?

Unfortunately, yes the world is a pretty darn wild and crazy place, full of evil bastards, psychopaths, greedy power mongers, and the innocent and kind. I dont expect people to understand, how could you? You clearly are educated and wealthy enough to have access to the internet and post something halfway coherent. Why dont you go have a nice visit in Syria, or Yemen, or my personal favorite; Somalia.

Just remember one thing. When the world dials 911 with an emergency, which country picks up the phone?

If you call for an ambulance, or a police officer do they first stop and think "hmmm should I be going over to that area? Hmmm... can I afford to save that person? How much fuel will it take to get there?" "Does this person even appreciate me, have the same beliefs, will it fix all their problems?"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Ah yes, Mr. Alonzo TyperI remember you because you registered around the same time as I had. For those who are not familiar with Mr. Typer, his two initial threads were closed by the MODS.Greetings from a Dying Man I don't care why your threads were closed. I only care about the fact that posters such as yourself give all new members a bad name because of the tripe you post.Have a nice dayEDIT: With all due respect of course.

edit on 7-6-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by beezzer

I don't feel free. I would feel free if I could travel whereever I wanted to travel, without permission or molestation to get there.

I don't feel free. I don't have insurance or a lot of money, and can't legally grow many medicines I might grow IF I needed them, which I am lucky I don't, because if I did, I couldn't.

I can't decide to be the master of my own consciousness. I can't open many businesses without getting an inspection or license. I can't make my own ethanol without an inspection and license.

For me, though, here is the BIG thing. I cannot add 3 feet onto my front porch so I can set up a telescope with the view of the one sky that I have that's clear without a 500.00 permit.

It ain't free - are you kidding? FREEDOM is FREE. Everything cost an arm and a leg and you have to get permission from someone in America to do SO much stupid little mundane things - sell a fresh egg to a neighbor, sell a tomato plant to a neighbor, sell some cucumbers you grew to a neighbor.

That ain't freedom. America is legislated, regulated, constipated, and feedom, not freedom.
edit on 6-6-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

I am surprised that you didn't bring up how the horrible wicked government makes you wear a seatbelt.

People who bring up silly points like these as impingement on their freedoms don't bother to find out why these are put into place.

Guess what, some of these are to protect you as a consumer, and your neighbors.

What are you 14?

I might grow IF I needed them, which I am lucky I don't, because if I did, I couldn't.

Nothing like paranoia to get you talking in circles, and completely undo your own point.

I can't decide to be the master of my own consciousness. I can't open many businesses without getting an inspection or license. I can't make my own ethanol without an inspection and license.

Are you freaking serious?

oh boo hoo, you can't make chemical concoctions without the government knowing about it. Because honey, it will be the government having to shell out 200,000 grand to clean up after your stupid ass when you blow something up or contaminate the water supply. Not to mention, it will be government paid judges who will have to oversee the trial when your neighbors sue your stupid ass for injury, loss of life, and destruction of property.

you seriously think that you should be able to open a restaurant without an inspection?

For me, though, here is the BIG thing. I cannot add 3 feet onto my front porch so I can set up a telescope with the view of the one sky that I have that's clear without a 500.00 permit.

That is for the safety of you, and any future homeowners. You are not going to own that house forever, so that porch has to be built right so someone's kid doesn't step on it, have it collapse, and lose a leg.it ensures the safety of constuction and that it meets code. Because you don't want some jackass building a porch out of pizza boxes that brings down the value of the houses in the neighborhood.

If there electrical wirig that needs to be run, its to make sure you don't get electrecuted.IF something is done wrong, it will make the builder responsible. Trust me, it happens....a lot.

It ain't free - are you kidding? FREEDOM is FREE. Everything cost an arm and a leg and you have to get permission from someone in America to do SO much stupid little mundane things - sell a fresh egg to a neighbor, sell a tomato plant to a neighbor, sell some cucumbers you grew to a neighbor.

People do this all the time. But again, things are regulated for good reason. You must live in the Walmart state if you think everything is sooooo expensive. ITs not, we have it easy. Stop whining.

i have given plenty of people cucumbers without government intervention. But yes, any food that is sold to the public must licensed. Why? Because if you poison half the people in the town, they know who did it.

Ever see a something gain national attention as food poisoning,and how quickly they figure out teh source? That is what the permits do. So they don't keep selling bad cantalopes and continuuingn to make people sick for an entire season,since as you pointed out, healthcare is sooo expensive.

Thing is, people who gripe about the lack of freedom always go: me me me me me

This person didn't stop once to think how their actions would affect somebody else.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
I'm not particularly religious, but with my Christian upbringing, can't help but hope for and understand some of the bible in regards to god wiping out whole generations and countries in order to get rid of the corruption in order to start things over with a clean slate. My metaphysical leanings say we are eternal anyhow and would come back to continue learning the lesson's we need to learn.

If the bible is any indication and truth, then I would not want to be on the side of those ruling this world right now.
They will not succeed and will be wiped out.

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

We are on the brink of a worldwide feudal system ruled by a handful of elites. It makes me wonder if our only hope would be a pandemic that might eliminate them along with most of the rest of us.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

You want a bunch of people wiped out by an angry God because YOU don't like how things are right now. Talk about a narrow, egotistical, and psychotic point of view.

Are you going to choose who gets it?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

ty alonzo someone who gets it

the op talks about freedom.. then tells everyone that doesnt think like him there morons and idiots

cause thats what freedom is about right everyone thinkin the same huh?
edit on 7-6-2012 by superballs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Then Britain should be on fire, plagued, decimated, and then hit with a two mile wide meteor if history and "karma" indicates what is happening now, if it is based on the removal of another nation.

So would Canada, Australia, China, and probably every country except Tibet.

now, lets actually look at history a little, if "karma" wanted to take out the US, it could of done it: during the Civil War, WWI,WWII, the Great Depression, The cold War, the Cuban missle Crises,war of 1812, the panic of 1819, etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I think it is more the case that it will be "allowed" for mankind to wipe themselves out.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

Ah yes, Mr. Alonzo TyperI remember you because you registered around the same time as I had. For those who are not familiar with Mr. Typer, his two initial threads were closed by the MODS.Greetings from a Dying Man I don't care why your threads were closed. I only care about the fact that posters such as yourself give all new members a bad name because of the tripe you post.Have a nice dayEDIT: With all due respect of course.

edit on 7-6-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

Haaha yea I was there.

Was it his kids that typed this last post out too? It would make sense.

Just wondering.

over 90 haha. ha. "why don't you go grab a couple cold ones." It's like he's right out of the 1930's lol

edit on 6/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

So where should the balance lie....? How much regulation is good for us ? I suspect we each perceive it differently, according to our lifestyles....

There probably isn't a " One size fits all " answer to this issue.

Exactly, there isn't a "one size fits all" solution... that's why the only logical solution is too maintain a maximum amount of freedom with the minimum amount of regulation, just enough to maintain a solid government structure but not enough to inhibit the freedom of the people to live their own lives without excessive intervention and oversight. That's how America was designed to be, but many people fail to understand that. They think they government should be responsible for absolutely everything, it's like they are little children scared of having any type of independence and liberty. And the government absolutely love these frail little children who suck at the teat of the government as if it were their only source of survival, because it gives them power and strength. Unfortunately a very large number of people have become extremely dependent on the system and they attack anyone who criticizes the system...

They have unwavering faith to the system and their unquestioning obedience gives the government the power to treat us all like little children who aren't smart enough to make our own decisions... for christ sakes I can decide if I want to add flouride to my water, I don't need it added for me. It's things like that which upset me, they try to control every aspect of our lives, and they dumb us down enough so that we don't even realize the amount of control they actually have. It's virtually impossible to get organic food these days because GMO companies have overrun the industry and patented all the seeds, and it's impossible to know what isn't GMO because they don't label the products adequately, and in some states it's even illegal to grow your own organic gardens without some type of permit. These are huge invasions which aren't justified, the government is merely becoming a leech trying to suck blood from every orifice of our lives to fund their absurd spending, it's a beast which has simply gotten out of control...

OH MY!! That was so eloquent!! Yes Yes Yes! You nailed it on the head! They are trying to DUMB US DOWN!! Its all so crystal clear isn't it? My friends think I am a crack pot because I say these things...

I grow my own organic veggies anyway, raise chickens organic and sell the eggs to friends and neighbors....The govt can go blankety blank themselves...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

now, lets actually look at history a little, if "karma" wanted to take out the US, it could of done it: during the Civil War, WWI,WWII, the Great Depression, The cold War, the Cuban missle Crises,war of 1812, the panic of 1819, etc. etc. etc.

You just emphasized my point for me....
An entire country doesn't have to disappear for karmic justice to take hold.

How many people suffered and died in those events? There's your karma.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by superballs
i went 2 nice restaraunt last night had a good meal. came home to my air conditioned house.and watched my cable tv tell 3 in the morning

getting ready to go golfin now and when i get home im gonna barbecue steaks and burgers in my yard..

i gotta tell ya i feel pretty damm free

The Illusion of being free while one is not, is sneeky like that. So long as you 'stay in line', it's all good for the most part...until you try to exorcise true freedom...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
OP, you are half the world away, but captured my sentiments as an American exactly. Thank you for your post, as one poster had said, this should be in every American newsaper.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What you did there was intentionally pick one of the worste arguments provided in this thread and then wrote an epic response to that argument in an effort to make yourself seem above everyone else. That is precisely why, a few posts below the one you replied to, I wrote out a list of the real things which matter and provided an extensive list of sources to back up the points I was making.... why don't you try replying to that post and then we'll take it from there.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
the zionist jews are trying to control this land of the free through the economy and wall street

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join